Funny: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Willie spends much of the campfire scene fending off the curious trunk of their elephant. The last time, however, it's not the elephant - it's a python. Indy tries to warn her, but he's panicking too much to actually say anything; meanwhile, Willie - who previously freaked out at every little bit of wildlife she enountered - simply grabs the snake and flings it off into the underbrush in exasperation without ever looking at it to realize what it is.
Willie: I hate that elephant.
- Indy and Short Round arguing about who was the bigger cheat while Willie runs screaming from every little noise.
- The whole dinner at the palace.
- Short Round's dropped jaw at the "snake surprise" resulting in the olive in his mouth rolling out and making a DOING! noise at it hits something.
- The look on Willie's face when they're serving chilled monkey brains.
- Captain Blumburtt flicks a baby snake away, and it screamed.
- One of the dinner guests belches after eating a bug.
- Most of what Short Round says elevates him from being a mere Ethnic Scrappy to a funny-as-hell little kid. "Maybe he like...older women" and "You tell me later" stand out in particular.
- From the DVD making of special: the description of how one of the elephants ate part of Willie's very expensive dress, to which they actually had to put on the insurance form "eaten by elephant."
Mike Powell: ...and it said "Reason for damage". And — and what could I put? All I could put was "dress eaten by an elephant".
- This dialogue:
Willie: A hole. He put two holes in my dress from Paris!
Lao Che: SIT DOWN!
(Willie sits away from Indy)
Indy: Where's my gun?! WHERE'S MY GUN?!!
- And this:
Willie: I burned my fingers AND I CRACKED A NAIL!!!!
- "Are you actually developing a sense of humor or am I going deaf?"
- Indy punches a cigarette lady. Of course, the poison is starting to run through his system.
- Not to mention the first person POV shot of a fist smashing Indy in the face.
- Willie tries to get the diamond, but people keep kicking it.
- "I hate the water! And I hate being wet! And I hate YOU!!!!!"
- "Willie, quit monkeying around on that thing."
- On a related note, Indy telling Short Round to "quit fooling around" with the maharajah.
- Indy and Shorty are being crushed in the spike trap. Willie has to feel inside a hole for a lever to save them. Inside it is full of bugs.
Indy: Just feel inside!
(Willie looks inside and sees all the bugs)
Willie: YOU FEEL INSIDE!
(Indy's fist comes through the wall)
Indy: Do. It. NOW!
- "Willie, WE are going TO DIE!" Followed by the most stone-cold serious :C face you could ever imagine.
- The bedroom scene in which Indiana is hunting for the secret passage while Willie has other things on her mind...
Indy: Nobody's here.Willie: No, I'm here.(Indy shakes his head)
Indy: "Palace slave"...Willie: "Nocturnal activities"...Indy: I'm a conceited ape?Willie: "I'll tell you in the morning"...Indy: I can't believe it.Willie: He's not coming.Indy: She's not coming. (pause) I can't believe I'm not going.
- When Indy puts his hands on a statue's breasts (to push the statue, since it's part of a secret passage), Willie gestures to her own breasts and growls, "I'm right here!"
- Prior to that, the scene in their bedrooms after their argument about their Belligerent Sexual Tension where we cut back and forth between them, each certain that the other is going to show up.
- Even before that when they argue about who's gonna come begging for whom, Willie started to sound a bit like Indy when she called him a conceited ape, in both voice and attitude.
- "Nice try, Lao Che." [closes the airplane door to reveal the logo on it: Lao Che Airlines]
- "A boat?! We're not sinking! WE'RE CRASHING!"
- "Lady, I can't breathe!"
- Indy using his foot to brake the mine car and it smoking and Indy yelling "Water! Water!" as he and Willie try to put the fire on his foot out. Suddenly an oncoming deluge of water starts flooding down the tunnel and Indy yelling and pointing "WATER! WATER!"
- Indy runs into two Thugs with swords. He decides to just shoot them, but realized he lost his gun (thanks to Willie). He smiles nervously at them, and they attack.
- Indy starts chasing one with a sword. He suddenly stops at a close-up of his face. He sees something, and then nervously runs the other way. Suddenly, a whole army of Thugs chase after him.
- Indy calling Willie for help.
Indy: (trying to hold the ceiling up) Hurry!
Willie: (aggravated) ALRIIIGHT!! Oh I broke a nail.
Willie: THEY'RE IN MY HAAIIRR!!!
Indy: (nodges a skull in a corner) Aw, shut up, Willie!
Willie: Indy, let me in!
Shorty: No, let us out!
Willie: Let me in!
Shorty: Let us out!
Indy: (still nodging) SHUT UP!!
- The villagers' dumbfounded expressions when Willie tries to ride an elephant.
- Indy tries to hit the taskmaster with a hammer who takes it, then he grabs it and throws it on the head of a random miner.
- Willie screaming after escaping the mines and crossing the rickety bridge only to run into Mola Ram.
Willie: [sees the pilots gone] Oh no. Oh no! Mister! Mister! Oh mister, please wake up!
Shorty: You call him Dr. Jones, doll.
Willie: Dr. Jones! Dr. Jones! Please wake up!
Indy: Are we there already? Oh, good.
Willie: No, no. [drags Indy to the cockpits] No one's flying the plane!
Indy: Oh boy.
Willie: They're all gone! [Indy gets on one of the cockpits] You know how to fly, don't you?
Indy: [beat] No. Do you?
Willie: Oh no. I'm gonna faint.
Indy: How hard could it be?
- Indy's exasperated "Jeez!" as, while he's in the midst of scaling the cliff after cutting the bridge, he realizes that the surviving Thugs on the other side are now shooting at him. He's having a really bad day.
- The Marvel Comics tie-in has a great line where Indy thinks to himself, "When this is over, I'm gonna sleep for a month!"
- Right before the giant Thugee guard is pulled into the rock crusher, he's about to drop a giant rock right on Indy's head, only Indy hits him first with a couple of buckets, causing the guard to drop the rock on his own head. The guard then looks so dazed, all that's missing are the chirping birds.
- After Short Round wakes Indy out of Kali Ma's black sleep, he attacks the guards while trying to save Willie, at one point charging Mola Ram with a heavy pole...only to have the Thuggee leader disappear through a trap door with a maniacal laugh; Indy's face is like, "Really?"