Funny: El Chavo del ocho
The stories we could tell...
- First of all, many jokes are repeated countless times through the series and yet they're funny every single time.
- This Troper finds himself cracking up every single time he watches the "Posada" episode: Mr. Barriga is sweeping the patio's floor, unaware that El Chavo is nearby, swinging a little piñata around in expanding circles, approaching inch by inch to unsuspecting Mr. Barriga's head... and then suddenly striking Quico, who was behind of El Chavo, off-screen.
- Quico and Ñoño ask Don Ramon about El Chavo.
- Don Ramon: He was here a minute ago... looking for a fat guy and an idiot.Quico: He was looking for us!! =D
- Quico and El Chavo are giving a bath to the latter's new dog (Which is named "Little Ramon"). So, when Quico turns, El Chavo accidentally brushes soap into the boy's shorts. Cue to his response:
- Quico: El Chavo... I think I made a mistake.
- The episodes involving "El Festival de la Buena Vecindad", especially the cultural acts from the kids:
- The Poem/Story of "El Perro arrepentido" by El Chavo. Complete with overly dramatic gestures. This is also the only poem the kid knows, so it appears every time.
- The Last-Second Word Swap of Chilindrina when she gets stuck in her song.
"Soy virgencita / riego las flores / y lo que sigue / me se olvidó..." ("I'm a little virgin / I water the flowers / and what it follows / I just forgot")
- The "Sapito" (Lil' Froggy) song that Quico sings. The song is a cutesy frog-themed counting song (in the style of the "100 bottles of beer in the wall" travel song), setting a Overly Long Gag that only ends when someone intervenes around the sixth or seventh frog, leading to the answer:
Quico: But if there is still about 100 froggies left! :(
- Quico trying to recite the poem "Madre Querida" ("Dearest Mother"). We say trying because El Chavo is The Heckler to his performance, constatly interrupting the very corny poem with hilarious parodic rhymes.
- One memorable episode had Don Ramon teaching Chavo how to be a professional boxer. After a long sequence of trying to teach him how to assume a Boxer Guard Stance, he asks Chavo to throw him a punch, only for Chavo to immediately deck him square across the jaw, causing him to recoil back in pain. He admonishes Chavo, telling him to wait until he is in Guard Stance too. On the second attempt, once he's also in his boxer stance he asks Chavo to hit him. Chavo asks "how" to which Don Ramon replies "in any way you want". Cue Chavo delivering a powerful kick, right to his butt. After Don Ramon scolds him that in Boxing you're supposed to hit with your fists, Chavo immediately decks him square across the jaw once again. After Don Ramon for the second time tells him to wait until he's in his boxing stance too, and does so, he asks Chavo a third time to throw him a punch. Chavo does so, and Don Ramon expertly blocks it, and relaxes to try to explain Chavo how to block a punch. Only for Chavo to deck him square across the jaw once more. The icing on the cake is the short conversation that follows:
- El Chavo: I learned, right?Don Ramon: So did I.
- Right before the Beach Episode, Chavo is sad that everyone went to Acapulco without him, standing alone in the vecindad, sad music worthy of a 40's Disney film starts playing, Chavo throws his cup-and-ball in frustration... hitting Mr. Barriga.
- One scene has Chavo in Quico's house, intending to steal some snacks at night. When Quico leaves the room through the left side of the screen, Chavo stands up and slowy walks towards the dinner table to the right. The moment he reaches the snacks, the camera suddenly reveals Quico was sitting by the table all along, wearing a glorious Death Glare. Chavo's reaction? Act like he's sleepwalking and take the snacks away anyway.
- All the times that Quico's uknowningly agrees to every thing said about his lack of intelligence.
- Quico: *mocking El Chavo* You're so dumb because you arrived late to the brains repartition.El Chavo: So? What 'bout you?Quico: Ha! Like I ever went!
- The Big "NO!" courtesy of Profesor Jirafales.
- And the other one courtesy of Don Ramón.
- How Quico punily first explained the circumstances behind his Disappeared Dad.
- Quico: ...and to my dad, who Rest In Fish.Professor Girafales: Don't you mean to say "Rest in Peace"?Quico: No, it's in fish, because a shark ate him.
- The pun is in its original language. Still funny.note
- Don Ramón once gave a Seinfeldian Conversation before pinching Quico.
- Don Ramón: If I pinch you, you are gonna call your mom.Quico: (totally adamant) Of course yes.Don Ramón: And if she comes. She is going to slap me in the face.Quico: Of course yes.Don Ramón: And that slap is going to produce me, Pain!Quico: Of course yes.Don Ramón: But, the pain of the slap won't help you recover from the pain of the pinch. Right?Quico: (totally worried) Of course not.Don Ramón: Worth It
- In an episode, Ñoño, Quico, Chilindrina and Chavo are telling each other riddles and jokes. Ñoño told one of the first ones to Quico:
- Ñoño: Hey Quico, do you know who is the son of my father and mother, but is not my brother?Quico: (thinks for a bit) No, who it is?Ñoño: Why, it's me!
- Which Quico then proceeded to tell Chavo:
Quico: Hey Chavo, do you know who is the son of my father and mother, but is not my brother?Chavo: (thinks a bit) I don't know, who it is?Quico: Why it's Ñoño! Hahahahaha... *beat* He tells it better.Chavo: So your mother is married to Mr. Barriga?Quico: *beat*
- And then later to Chilindrina:
Quico: (to the others) Haha, I'm gonna get her! (to Chilindrina) Hey Chilindrina, do you know who is the son of my father and—Chilindrina: You!Quico: *beat* Well, stay quiet and let me finish the whole riddle, okay? Now, who is the son of my father and mother, but—Chilindrina: You!Quico: *beat* Wait until I've finished THE WHOLE RIDDLE!!!!Chilindrina: Fine...Quico: Okay, who is the son of my father and mother but is not my brother?Chilindrina: (inflexible) You.Quico: (breaking the 4th wall) Now how can we put up with these women?
- "La Fuente de los Deseos" delivers this genious piece:
Quico: I wish that all bulldozers in the world run over la Chilindrina!!!Chilindrina: That won't happen! Because these wishes, the bad ones, never come true!Quico: Oh, really? I wish that someone makes Chilindrina cry!! (Quico starts pulling her hair)Chilindrina: Owww!!! You'll see! I'm gonna tell my father that you've pulled my hair, and that you've kicked me, and that you've hit me with a slingshot, and that you've hit me with a handgun, and that you've hit me with a rifle, and that you've hit me with a machine gun, and that you've hit me with a cannonball, and aside from that, YOU'VE TRIED TO KILL ME!!!!Quico:: (Looks at the camera) ...I'm really evil.