The stories we could tell...
- First of all, many jokes are repeated countless times through the series and yet they're funny every single time.
- This Troper finds himself cracking up every single time he watches the "Posada" episode: Mr. Barriga is sweeping the patio's floor, unaware that El Chavo is nearby, swinging a little piņata around in expanding circles, approaching inch by inch to unsuspecting Mr. Barriga's head... and then suddenly striking Quico, who was behind of El Chavo, off-screen.
- Quico and Ņoņo ask Don Ramon about El Chavo.
Don Ramon: He was here a minute ago... looking for a fat guy and an idiot.
Quico: He was looking for us!! =D
- Quico and El Chavo are giving a bath to the latter's new dog (Which is named "Little Ramon"). So, when Quico turns, El Chavo accidentally brushes soap into the boy's shorts. Cue to his response:
Quico: El Chavo... I think I made a mistake.
- The episodes involving "El Festival de la Buena Vecindad", especially the cultural acts from the kids:
- The Poem/Story of "El Perro arrepentido" by El Chavo. Complete with overly dramatic gestures. This is also the only poem the kid knows, so it appears every time.
- The Last Word Save of Chilindrina when she gets stuck in her song.
"Ay virgencita / llevo las flores / y lo que sigue / se me olvidó" ("Oh, Holy Mother / I bring you flowers / and what it follows / I just forgot")
- The "Sapito" (Lil' Froggy) song that Quico sings. The song is a cutesy frog-themed counting song (in the style of the "100 bottles of beer in the wall" travel song), setting a Overly-Long Gag that only ends when someone intervenes around the sixth or seventh frog, leading to the answer:
Quico: But if there is still about 100 froggies left! :(
- Right before the Beach Episode, Chavo is sad that everyone went to Acapulco without him, standing alone in the vecindad, sad music worthy of a 40's Disney film starts playing, Chavo throws his cup-and-ball in frustration... hitting Mr. Barriga.
- One scene has Chavo in Quico's house, intending to steal some snacks at night. When Quico leaves the room through the left side of the screen, Chavo stands up and slowy walks towards the dinner table to the right. The moment he reaches the snacks, the camera suddenly reveals Quico was sitting by the table all along, wearing a glorious Death Glare. Chavo's reaction is to act like he's sleepwalking and take the snacks away anyway!}
- All the times that Quico's uknowningly agrees to every thing said about his lack of intelligence.
Quico: *mocking El Chavo* You're so dumb because you arrived late to the brains repartition.
El Chavo: So? What 'bout you?
Quico: Ha! Like I ever went!
- The Big "NO!" courtesy of Profesor Jirafales.
- How Quico punily first explained the circumstances behind his Disappeared Dad.
Quico: ...and to my dad, who Rest In Fish.
Professor Girafales: Don't you mean to say "Rest in Peace"?
Quico: No, it's in fish, because a shark ate him.
- The pun is in its original language. Still funny.note