- After the entire gang helps Cory get deal with everything changing in his life Cory starts listing all the things changing and how he's okay with them, before he gets to the last one Eric says it doesn't matter that things change, just how you react to them, queue this:
Cory: "...and I even accept Mr. Feeny retiring."
- In "Seven the Hard Way," Eric imagines what will happen to the group if they don't settle their current, very bitter disagreements. Eric himself is portrayed as a nutty recluse, having changed his name to "Plays with Squirrels."
Eric: I married a moose. [To Cory & Topanga, smugly] We don't need counseling.
Mr. Feeney: Mr. Matthews?
Eric: Mr. Squirrels.
Eric: Plays With.
- And followed up by Feeney's reaction: "All right, everyone. I'll see you at my funeral."
- Topanga gets some good moments when she gets so fed up with Cory and Shawn still getting along despite everyone else fighting and starts calling Shawn "His lovah!"
- Every scene with Eric in the episode where Shawn tries to impress Angela's father is hilarious.
- In one episode, Shawn gets a pig and names it Little Cory. Topanga, in a well-meaning but pushy gesture, calls Animal Control because she feels the pig shouldn't live in Mr. Turner's apartment with Shawn, forcing Cory and Shawn to hide the pig at the Matthews house:
Animal Control Man: Let's save ourselves a lot time, a lot of unpleasantries. You've got a pig. I want him.
Shawn: This pig you speak of, could you describe him?
Animal Control Man: It looks like...A GREAT BIG LION!
Shawn: Oh, well, that's not our pig!
Cory: 'Cause, uh, we don't have one! So, Mr. Animal Control Man, kindly vacate my home at once or else I will be forced to call the Animal Control Control People. Yes, sir. Isn't that right, my dear Shawn?
Shawn: It sure is, my little Cory. [the pig comes down the stairs] Okay, who shaved the dog?
- Little Cory gets another crowning moment of funny in a shout out much later on when Shawn is living at university with his brother. Decrying the state of Shawn's bedroom, his brother shouts how even a pig couldn't live in this mess!. Shawn just gives him a knowing look and shifts aside a curtain, revealing said pig happily wallowing in his dirty clothes.
- In "City Slackers", when Frankie and Joey are constantly the victim of strange happenings while Frankie plays pool against a pro: balls jump out of holes, balls dance around, they get stacked on top of each other, they burst into dust when hit.
- Cory gets a lot of these later on when he becomes crazier and more neurotic. Most notably his complete breakdown after Shawn kisses Topanga for a college video and when he is unusually excited for he and Topanga's honeymoon:
Topanga: So you're just marrying me so you can consummate our relationship?
Cory: Me and 900 million other guys!
Topanga: Cory, I'm beginning to think you'd be fine if we spent our honeymoon in any old hotel.
Cory:' Or in the road...
Topanga: Cory, that's sick!
Cory: "That's sick?" I'm sick?! You know what's sick, everyone?! We have been in a relationship for SEVENTEEN YEARS, and you know what I've gotten in all that time? LET ME TOUCH SOMETHING!
- The entire male cast dancing to "Hot Stuff," And Eric's explanation for it:
Eric: Ladies and Gentlemen, since the dawn of time men have been idiots. This will make up for it.
- Eric gets a lot of these, there are simply far too many to list.
- The entire "Eric" part of the episode "Eric Hollywood" was hilarious! Some Hollywood people think Eric has acting talent after viewing his Shakespeare play, so they let him come to Hollywood to play a part in a T.V. show! The show happens to be the counterpart of Boy Meets World, with the characters behind the sets acting very different, with different (but similar) names,
Shawn/Schneider: (Cory/Ben is yelling at the director) He's yelling again. Stop the yelling. Make it stop! Make it stop!
- Cory disguised as a crusty waitress in "Chick Like Me". "My hosiery is bunching!"
- "Please pay at the register honey, and tipping is not a city in China!". Ben Savage's delivery of that line was perfect.
- Earlier in that episode when Cory first dresses up as a girl when he says "I knew it, I look fat". It's a simple line but Ben Savage's delivery makes it hilarious.
- "Hey great, a water gun in December. I'll be the little boy spreading pneumonia!"
- "Shallow Boy" - the whole episode's funny but there's one scene where Eric's trying to let Purity Sue songwriter Corinna down easy but she's off in her own world.
- Corinna: "I had a goldfish who died." Eric: "Suicide, was it?"
- "CHECK! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE BRING ME A CHECK!"
- Oh it gets better, after he in no uncertain terms dumps her she ends up going Goth and writing angry and humiliating songs about him. He has to end up going back out with her again (which she agrees to because she was running out of material) and he forces her into a Heel-Face Turn by singing "Tomorrow" with her. And to top it off, there's the credits, where Eric is listening to the radio & Corinna's new Lighter and Softer song is played, only to cut the song off within seconds.
DJ: Wow, that's bad! She's over!
Eric smirks & laughs evilly.
- Let's not forget the awesome song Morgan comes out singing:
He's a loser freak, loser freak. He's a maladjusted loser freak. He's a woman-hating, maladjusted loser freak!...And he doesn't like girls 'cause he's afraid of them, afraid of them! I think he likes boys if you know what I'm saying.
- After Eric dismisses the possibility that Corinna's new darker sound is down to him after the name of one of the songs on her album is read to him, the next song title in track listing is read out & makes it perfectly clear that the songs are about Eric.
Track number 2: "Eric Matthews - You're So Vain
You Probably Didn't Know The Song Before This Was About You
- In "Cory's Alternative Friends," when Mr. Feeny assigns Shawn and Minkus as partners, both facepalm in unison.
- Feeney goes out of town for a weekend and Shawn opens up a bed and breakfast in his house. The entire plot is hilarious with Cory wondering what is wrong with the universe that Shawn appears to be getting away with it before Feeney reveals the cab driver gave them away ("The cab driver! I forgot to deport the cab driver!")... but then during the end credits, Feeney is trying to get the couple who missed check-out out of his bedroom (the honeymoon suite) and Topanga, who was dressed up as the maid through it all walks into frame, sees Feeney, her eyes go wide, and she turns right around, completely unseen by him.
- Cory and Shawn flashback to their first meeting, which ends with their younger selves hugging, with young Topanga saying 'Stop it. You're boys.' Cut back to the present, and they're hugging again, and Topanga says it again.
- Mr. Feeny reading Eric's one-man play: "'The hot wind howled, like a howling... hot... windy thing.'"
- Eric's word-a-day calendar: "This is the last time I buy anything from http://www.howdysucker.com!"
- "Only creeps and weirdos are awake now." [Door opens] "How're you doin'?" Turns out the creeps and weirdos are Shawn, Eric, and Feeny.
- In "The Truth About Honesty", Shawn and Angela attempt to have no strings attached sex but before they can get anywhere Shawn tells her he loves her, which leads to this exchange:
Aw man, I Cory'd
this up didn't I?
Angela: You had to go and get heavy, Shawn - didn't you?
Shawn: No, I'm not getting heavy, Angela, I just think that an emotional commitment is the proper foundation for OH MY GOD I'M BOTH OF THEM!
- Chet, Shawn and Jack's dad, gets some great lines in the series, especially in ghost form.
I got two stupid boys! Y'all embarass me in front of my dead friends!
- Cory's attempt at writing his own wedding vows in "We'll Have A Good Time Then". "Sometimes, two people who love each other are in love, and because of that love, they love each other."
- Eric prattling on and on about duckies in "Things Change". "Duckies are the horsies of the ocean!"
- As Cory prepares for his wedding with Topanga, Shawn might not end up as the best man, so Eric tries to win Cory over... Hilarity Ensues. Watch here:
- Eric singing "Little Cabin in the Woods" to cheer Rachel up.
- Cory being told that he will die if anything happens to Topanga on their trip. By his own father. Cory's response is an indignant "You like her better than me!" and Alan smiling & nodding.
- Eric declaring that if he can't be the best man at Cory's wedding, he's going to be the groom & proceeding to propose to Topanga. Once Eric's finished, an exasperated Cory simply says "Get him" & a screaming Topanga lunges at him.
- "There are some people who shall remain nameless...CORY MOMMY AND DADDY! Who believe I'm not Best Man material."
- In Season 5, after Topanga makes a surprising entrance.
- "Bee True" from Season 6 is filled with them, thanks to it following a series of sombre episodes.
- Eric beckoning Feeny in the Student Union.
Eric: Feeny! You here, sit now!
Mr Feeny: Eric, don't use that ton—
Eric: Dean Bolander.
Mr Feeny: [Sits down] Okay, what've you got?
- Cory, Shawn & Eric's extended The Godfather parody.
- "You could get any girl with the world's first brain!"
- Eric asking who knows who Feeny loves, and the entire class responding with "The Dean!"
- "You're in a triangle, Feeny! [Makes a square as he says triangle] And take it from someone who has been in a triangle before, he who hesitates is lost. RACHEL!"
- Cory & Shawn's master plan taking effect.
Cory & Shawn: [Absolutely deadpan] Oh no. It's Feeny.
Mr Feeny: What's going on in here?
Shawn: We didn't break this stuff.
Mr Feeny: Then who did?
Cory: YOU DID!
Shawn: And we're telling!
- The second season episode "Me and Mr. Joad," where Cory attempts to start a seventh grade student union and lead a school walkout. His singing to the tune of an old Garment Workers Union jingle sells it even more. And to go along with that—what does Shawn want with his steak? MACARONI!
- Dean Bolander, on Topanga and Angela's suggestion that perhaps she needs to make her interest in Feeny more obvious:
Bolander: I hiked up my skirt at the seminar!
- The looks on Shawn and Topanga's faces when the judge offers Cory a balloon dog or hat.
- Cory's dorktastic love poems to Topanga in "Poetic License: An Ode to Holden Caulfield".
- "HA HA, SHAWN'S POOR!"
- When Jack records Shawn sleeptalking: "I'm going to the market to pick up some eggs." "If you rub two eggs together, you get a spark." "My head's on fire. Somebody please put me out."
- World War II Eric in "No Guts, No Cory". Oh boy...
- When Cory thinks Shawn is having sex before he and Topanga are and asks Eric for advice:
Cory: Tell me about your first time.
Eric: Remember Mitchell Davis?
Cory: Now there's an unexpected twist. Tell me about your second time.
- In the episode tag of the first season finale, Cory and Shawn focus all their energy to make Minkus disappear. Made funnier by the fact that they don't see him again until graduation. Or possibly Fridge Horror.
- In "Raging Cory" after Cory tells Shawn he knocked down his dad, Shawn's response is "Does he have to leave the house in shame? Do you get his woman?"
- Shawn hitting on Topanga in "Hair Today, Goon Tomorrow"
Shawn: She's my best friend's girl, she's my best friend's girl. Oh, to heck with it. Marry me! I live in a trailer park and have no education, but my hair does this! (runs hands through hair as audience cheers)
Shawn: Shut up, man! I'm going for it!(Cory sprays Shawn with a water bottle) Thanks,thanks. I'm back.
Cory: Good. (turns to talk to Topanga as Shawn does a "call me" sign over his shoulder)
- In the sixth season premiere, while Cory and Topanga take off to elope, Feeny relays the story of the time he tried to separate Cory and Topanga's desks in first grade:
Feeny: "She kicked me, he bit me, and some little punk kept saying 'Leave them alone. They should get married.'"
Shawn: "I was cute then, huh?"
- After Cory and Topanga and Shawn and Angela have broken up:
Cory: I believe in love like I believe in God. You can't see it. You can't touch it, but you know it's there because you can feel its wrath."
Shawn: And goodness. You can feel love's goodness.
Cory: I wouldn't know.
- Eric and Jack versus Rachel, Topanga and Angela in a wrestling competition for the apartment. With Mankind as the referee.
- The Roller Coaster scene.
- Every part of And Then There Was Shawn.
- Mr. Turner & Mr. Williams pulling apart a fight in the hallway, only to realize who was fighting.
Mr. Turner: [Stunned] Hunter? Matthews?''
Mr. Williams: Did you two know you were fighting each other?
- Life's tough, get a helmet.
- Mister Feeney has yanked Cory and Shawn off the school radio for having tossed aside the approved script and instead turning their program into a hook-up show. Later, in his class, he announces what the next day's lesson will be: The Bill of Rights.