Film: Leonard Part 6
Leonard Part 6 is a
- Animal Assassin
- Animated Credits Opening: The credits are accompanied by crude animations out of animal drawings.
- Award Bait Song: "Without You", performed by Peabo Bryson (a few years before he became one of the go-to guys for this trope) and Regina Belle. It was actually a radio hit.
- Cool Car: Leonard's armored, camo-colored, tank-turreted Porsche.
- Dance Battler: Leonard's ballet lessons when he was undercover with the Bolshoi ballet helps him when he fights Medusa's minions.
- Evil Is Hammy / Large Ham: Medusa is entertainingly over-the-top.
- Evil Vegetarian: Medusa.
- Food Slap: Leonard ends up wearing most of the meal when he dines with his estranged wife - both times.
- Fruit of The Loon: The film made a point of depicting the vegetarian villain look extra-crazy by having her always eating fruit while she ordered around her mooks and pursuing her wacky plans. Mind you, this is a food-obsessed movie anyway.Medusa: Grape me!!
- Kitchen Chase: Monroe is shooting at Leonard with a revolver, switches to an uzi, then switches to another revolver, and his shooting "accidentally" opens a bag of coffee beans into a coffee grinder, breaks a couple eggs for frying, and punctures a carton of oil which some eager chefs help themselves to for cooking.
- Product Placement: One scene contains a refrigerator full of Coca-Cola cans (Columbia Pictures' owner at the time), whose labels are all conveniently facing the camera. Elsewhere, a table with a huge stack of Lava Soap bars upon it appears backstage at a theater, and Alka-Seltzer proves vital to the climax. Roger Ebert went into a rant about this while reviewing the film on Siskel & Ebert; see Berserk Button on the series' page for the full quote.
- Retroactive Legacy: Supposedly the sixth in a series featuring the eponymous character.
- Road Trip Across The Street: The "agonizing ride" for Leonard to see his estranged wife.
- Self-Surgery: Played for laughs as Bill Cosby's character removes a bullet from his own shoulder.
- Un Installment: We never did see Parts 1 through 5... because they were locked up " in the interests of world security".
- Unusual Weapon Mounting
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The chefs from Leonard's restaurant don't think much of a hitman attempting to murder their boss...
- Weaponized Animal: The movie included an ostrich with missile launchers mounted on it.
- We Have to Get the Bullet Out: Leonard, having been shot, removes the bullets himself, his trusty manservant only standing by with surgical tools and a mirror. Given the large jar full of bullets that the extracted slug ends up in, this is not the first time he's had to do this by a long shot.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The May-December Romance between Joan and Giorgio never really gets resolved.
- Your Head Asplode: This happens to one of Medusa's mooks in the climax, as the unexpected-by-anyone result of Leonard forcing him to taste meat.
There are no Leonard Parts 1 through 5, if you were wondering. The title itself is a spoof of multi-part spy thrillers. And even if there were prequels, Cosby would have probably destroyed them all by now. Or traded them in for a lifetime supply of pudding and JELL-O.