open/close all folders
- Used in an ad for AT&T cell phones, as the hero runs through the kitchen in order to head them off at the pass (in this case, the back door of the restaurant/kitchen).
- This Gillette Deodorant commercial features an escape through the kitchen, it just isn't very fast paced like other examples.
Anime and Manga
- An early episode of Darker Than Black has Hei and Chiaki escaping from two hostile Contractors through the kitchen of the restaurant they were just eating at.
- In the Star Trek: Voyager fanfic "The Flux of Mortal Things", B'Elanna and Seven run through an alien slaughterhouse to escape an assassination attempt.
- Cast a Deadly Spell. After a restaurant owner tries to put a written curse on him, Philip Lovecraft goes after him into the kitchen to return it. The curse manifests when a demon comes out of a pot on a stove. Lovecraft joins forces with a cook to defeat it.
- Jurassic Park. Two velociraptors pursue the children into a kitchen and try to hunt them down inside it.
- James Bond
- Never Say Never Again. The assassin trying to kill Bond at Shrublands follows him into a kitchen and a fight breaks out, complete with a terrified female chef.
- One scene in The Living Daylights involves a full-on fight between a British intelligence mook and a KGB hitman in the kitchen of an MI-6 safehouse.
- Quantum of Solace. The gunfight in the opera house between Bond and several bodyguards leads from a restaurant and passes through the kitchen.
- The Fugitive: During the confrontation between Kimble and the villain at the hotel.
- Sister Act: Dolores witnesses a mobster committing a crime, and she makes a hasty getaway through the kitchen of the Reno casino where she performs.
- Fright Night (1985): Charlie and Amy run through the kitchen of a club to escape the vampire.
- Enemy of the State: Daniel runs through a the kitchen of a club to escape the pursuing federal agents.
- The Karate Kid (1984) - Daniel sneaks into a country club's kitchen in hopes of meeting Ali. But when he notices her dancing with her former boyfriend he turns to leave, colliding into a waiter carrying a tray.
- Leonard Part 6: Monroe is shooting at Leonard with a revolver, switches to an uzi, then switches to another revolver, and his shooting "accidentally" opens a bag of coffee beans into a coffee grinder, breaks a couple eggs for frying, and punctures a carton of oil which some eager chefs help themselves to for cooking.
- Rush Hour: The two heroes run through a kitchen and an explosion scares off the Mooks.
- Kung Fu The Legend Continues: The Ancient One just won a lottery and was rich. Caine and The Ancient One get in a fight in the kitchen against some Kung Fu punks who want the ticket while escaping a golddigger at a formal dinner in a hotel.
- The flashback in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, with Kid!Snakeeyes and Kid!Stormshadow.
- The Rocketeer: Cliff Secord is chased by Lothar and other gangsters through the kitchen of the South Seas Club. Justified as Cliff was disguised as a waiter.
- The hotel chase in The Rock goes through a kitchen before heading outside.
- Nikita is cornered in the kitchen by several bodyguards after making a hit in a restaurant, and dives down the garbage chute to escape being blown up by a rifle grenade.
- The Thing (2011). When a human is exposed as the shapeshifting alien it's torched by a flamethrower, and thoughtfully staggers into the kitchen where it can be incinerated within the stainless steel walls without burning the entire base down (that comes later).
- Outland. A lengthy Chase Fight through the colony ends up with a brutal fistfight in a kitchen. At one point, the criminal O'Niel is chasing throws drugs in a pan of boiling oil to destroy the evidence, but our hero plunges his bare hand in and fishes it out.
- The Bartimaeus Trilogy: In book 1, when Bartimaeus tries to evade the Big Bad's guards by running through the kitchen, the "chef" turns out to be his old enemy, Faquarl.
- In the Stephen King story Lunch at the Gotham Cafe (found in the collection Everything's Eventual), two characters flee the insane maitre d' by going through the kitchen.
Live Action TV
- In the Dollhouse pilot, Paul and Echo's fight starts in a kitchen.
- Game of Thrones. During the climatic battle in Season 4, several wildlings burst into the mess hall of Castle Black, where they're handily butchered by the Nights Watch cooks. Special mention goes to a cook who hits a wildling in the face with a pot of boiling water, then bashes his skull in with the same pot, and another (whom astute book readers will recognize as Three-Fingered Hobb) who hacks a guy to death with a giant cleaver!
- Gotham: In "Pilot", when Mario Pepper flees from Jim Gordon, the last place he runs through is a commercial kitchen, where he snatches up a knife he later uses to try to kill Jim.
- Person of Interest. Played with in "Booked Solid", when Hersh captures Reese and takes him at gunpoint into the kitchen where there's plenty of Noodle Implements for a Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique. Reese frees himself and they end up fighting with kitchen knives.
- Season 2 of Daredevil opens with Matt chasing down some diamond thieves who are evading the cops that are pursuing them. He manages to corner one of the thieves in a Japanese restaurant kitchen and beats the guy senseless. Once Matt is gone, the kitchen staff get their turn to beat the shit out of the thief.
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers: An episode has a chase scene in a TV studio - they bump into a TV show chef, just as he is in the middle of explaing how much care today's dish requires.