Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max
is the third Movie War movie. Premiered in Japanese theatres on December 10, 2011.
This movie contains examples of the following tropes:
- All There in the Manual: The names of Michal's Kamen Rider forms. The evil form that uses core medals is called Kamen Rider Poseidon, and the good form created from the water-powered belt is called Kamen Rider Aqua.
- Big Bad: Lem Kannagi of Foundation X.
- Crossover: As the name of the movie suggests, it's a crossover between Kamen Rider Fourze and Kamen Rider OOO. However, Kamen Rider Double and Foundation X are featured as well, uniting the first three leading riders of the Neo-Heisei era. In the wake of OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders, 2011 being the fortieth anniversary year of the series, the original seven Kamen Riders (Ichigo, Nigo, V3, Riderman, X, Amazon, and Stronger) play a major role as well, where they are now known as the Seven Legendary Riders.
- Early-Bird Cameo: As each Movie War movie has featured the introduction of the upcoming Secondary Rider of the current show, Kamen Rider Meteor makes his first appearance at the end of the movie.
- Eleventh Hour Ranger: Kamen Rider Aqua returns in the final act of Movie Wars, coming back to present time to help the Riders against Foundation X's forces, and giving Eiji the Super TaToBa medals.
- Legion of Doom: Foundation X uses the research its agents gathered to build an army consisting of various Monsters of the Week as well as mooks from the three series Fourze, OOO and W, alongside monsters of the Big Bad's own design, called "Mutamids". They're not actually the same monsters from their original series, but it's an excuse to reuse monster suits.
- Sealed Good in a Can: The Seven Legendary Riders are sealed inside Fourze and OOO's transformation trinkets by Kannagi. Ichigo, Nigo, V3 and Riderman are trapped within Astro Switches while X, Amazon and Stronger trapped inside Core Medals. They are freed when Fourze and OOO perform a Limit Break and a Scanning Charge respectively.
- Super Mode: Kamen Rider OOO's Super TaToBaCombo
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Ironically, despite being a water-themed Rider, Michal is afraid of water. He manages to overcome it in the end.
- The Worf Effect: The Seven Legendary Riders are hit with this to show how dangerous Foundation X's threat is here in the movie.