Film: Kamen Rider X Kamen Rider Wizard And Fourze Movie War Ultimatum
Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie War Ultimatum is the latest Movie War movie, premiered in Japanese theaters on December 8, 2012. Like the previous Movie War films, it's split into three parts, linked together by the Akumaizers, a trio of villains plotting to take revenge on humanity for being banished to the Underworld.The Fourze section focuses on the Space Kamen Rider Club five years after the end of Fourze (which is also five years forwards from the rest of this movie) trying to stop a new Zodiart from exploiting children with psychic abilities to charge the "Zeber", a power amplifying device. They also have to contend with the Monster Leaguenote , a group of psychic children supported by the new Hercules Zodiart who desire psychic domination of humanity and have chosen to destroy the vessels containing astronauts returning from the International Space Station to make a statement of the importance of Earth's problems over space exploration. The Akumaizers time travel to this period, intending on taking the Zeber back to the present day as part of their plan to infinitely generate monsters.The Wizard section focuses on Haruto, Rinko and Shunpei as they enter into the Underworld through the mind of a Gate, Yu Kamimura. They find themselves in a "Groundhog Day" Loop where everyone is enamored with the mysterious heroine, Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine. In order to escape from the Underworld and rescue the Gates that the Akumaizers are using to spawn monsters, Haruto has to convince Poitrine to abandon her dream world.The Fourze and Wizard section has Wizard, Fourze & co. take on the Akumaizers and save the world with the help of OOO, Birth, W and Accel.
This movie contains examples of the following tropes:
- Apocalypse How: the Akumaizers plan to unleash a Class 3a, by dropping the Zebar in the Sea of Magic, unleashing a World-Wrecking Wave that would Kill All Humans.
- Badass Normal: Rinko, who can be seen in the trailer unleashing hell on some past Mooks with a handgun. Luckily for her, these old baddies seem to quite vulnerable to bullets unlike the Phantoms as seen in the first episode of Wizard.
- Big Bad: Xatan.
- While he's still working for the Akumaizers, the Hercules Zodiarts serves as the main villain of Fourze's half.
- Bolivian Army Cliffhanger: while all Movie Wars plays this up for each Rider's segment, Wizard's ending plays this literally, when the Akumaizer sic a platoon of their monsters on Wizard as they make their escape with Poitrine.
- The Bus Came Back: Nadeshiko makes her reappearance after her loss of a corporeal form in Movie War Megamax.
- Cavalier Consumption: At some point during the filming of the first Gentaro vs Saburo scrap, Koichi Sakamoto said "let's have Gentaro drink somebody's orange juice, it'll make him look like even more of a badass."
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Demon Kakka of Seikima II as Xatan.
- Chekhov's Gunman: The four children who were kidnapped in the Wizard story are implied to eventually grow up into Saburo and his three empowered classmates!
- Continuity Nod: The Fourze part of the movie features the reappearance of a movie-exclusive Rider ( Nadeshiko, natch) from Movie War Megamax, mentions of XVII and the appearance of weapons from the Fourze movie, and even a mention of Kengo and Yuki's unfortunate trip to the Amazon from the Rocket Drill States of Friendship Hyper Battle DVD!
- Crossover: Well obviously, it's primarily a crossover between Kamen Rider Wizard and Kamen Rider Fourze. However, OOO & Birth and W & Accel also appear, uniting the riders of the Neo-Heisei era. Also features appearances by other characters from the works of Shotaro Ishinomori, Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine and modernized villainous versions of Inazuman and Akumaizer 3.
- Early-Bird Cameo: As each Movie War film has featured the introduction of the upcoming Secondary Rider of the current show, Wizard's Kamen Rider Beast makes his first appearance as The Stinger.
- Easily Forgiven: Saburo repeatedly tries to off Miyoko, attacks Gentaro and threatens with glee to kill Yuki but by the end Gentaro has everyone forgive him. The kicker, he actually calls out Miyoko for calling him a monster (though to be fair, that happened before he started any of that stuff).
- Free-Fall Fight: The final fight with Xatan's Humongous Mecha takes place while it, Wizard, and Fourze are sliding down a cliff towards the Magic Sea.
- Gratuitous English: The gangleader who has Ryuusei at the beginning speaks perfect English. Mind you, he wasn't Japanese, but he was continually speaking in English even when Ryuusei was addressing him in Japanese.
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: the Underworld featured in the movie, although Haruto and his friends only go through it once.
- Improbable Weapon User: when the KRC saves Gentaro's students from the Hercules Beetle Zodiarts, Kengo kicks Dustard ass with a BFG they lifted from the Fourze movie and the KRC banner.
- Legion of Doom: Akumaizer's Monster Army, which consists of revived Dopants, Yummy, Zodiarts, and Phantoms.
- Magic Pants: Subverted with Saburo, whose transformations are accompanied by sheds of clothing flying all over the place. When he transforms back the last time, he's naked.
- Mythology Gag: for some reason, JK actually imitates Shotaro's Character Tic, blowing into his hat.
- Never the Selves Shall Meet: averted, upon landing five years in the past, Gentaro immediately tackles his younger self before anyone can notice just to borrow the Fourze Driver for the final battle.
- One-Winged Angel: Gaara turns into a gigantic bird monster after being defeated by Wizard and Poitrine the first time. Xatan subverts this, instead turning the Akumaizers' bulldozer into a giant monster.
- Naked People Are Funny: Poor Saburo. After using his new Inazuman powers, he ends up completely naked. Fortunately, Kengo had the Kamen Rider Club banner on him.
- Plot Hole: So, where did Wizard get his time ring and why hasn't he used it before?
- It is never explained how Nadeshiko recovered her physical form even though she expressly stated it was destroyed in the last movie.
- Putting the Band Back Together: The Space Kamen Rider Club come back together after five years. The only active member up to that point, Miyoko was the only active member.
- Scary Black Man: Unlike the one in Movie War Megamax, this one gets some dialogue. In English.
- Shout-Out: Said black man refers to the use of a Zodiarts switch as 'morphing'. Bear in mind Koichi Sakamoto is on the set.
- Stable Time Loop: Not only do the four young Gates from the Wizard part grow up to be Saburo and his gang, but when Haruto returns the FourzeDriver to Past!Gentarou, he also gives Past!Gentarou the Fourze Ring so five years later, Gentarou can use it to enter the Underworld.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: The Poitrine who appears in this movie is not the original Yuko Murakami, but a new girl called Yu Kamimura, played by Mari Iriki.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: Saburo, who was treated as a monster all his life. Ironically, the reason he was stuck in his weaker, more hideous form was because even he was afraid of himself. Getting past this lets him stop being a monster and become a hero.
- Time Skip: Fourze's part is set five years into the future. Then Fourze, Meteor and Nadeshiko go back to the present time where the climax takes place.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: the Wizard gang find out that the Gate that they saved is actually the Doughnut Shop owner. Doubly so for Haruto, since he met "her" as Yu Kamimura/Poitrine in the Underworld. Haruto's reaction is priceless.
- The Worf Effect: Meteor Storm gets his ass kicked by the Hercules Zodiart but Saburo in his new Inazuman form takes him out without a sweat.
- "World of Cardboard" Speech: Saburo is made to realize his fear of his own power was holding him back and stopping him from being the hero he truly wanted to be. Unleashing his true power, he evolves into Inazuman and proceeds to Curbstomp the Hercules Zodiarts with the statement he's evolved and is now a protector of freedom.Hercules Zodiarts: Is that you, Kazeta?Saburo: That's right, but I am reborn. Right now, I am obtaining the power to surpass myself. Chouriki Shourai! (Transforms into Inazuman) The warrior of freedom! Inazuman!
- Villainous Friendship: The Akumaizers. Xatan loses it after the other two are killed.
- Violation of Common Sense: Gentaro wants to show Saburo he means no harm and surrenders and tosses his driver. While he COULD have simply thrown it to the ground, he chooses to toss it in lava, destroying it.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: First done in the finale of Fourze, this one goes even further, being five years later.
- Gentaro is a teacher at Amanogawa High, just as what become of a similar student henshin hero years after saving the world.
- Ryusei is an interpol agent alongside Inga Blink.
- Yuki has become an astronaut.
- Kengo is continuing his father's research.
- Shun went overseas and became a football star.
- Miu's a famous fashion model.
- JK is still a gossip broker for a magazine called REAL.
- Tomoko is a famous author and is in a relationship with Ryusei.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Poitrine
Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max Franchise/Kamen Rider Kamen Rider X Kamen Rider Gaim And Wizard The Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle
Kamen Rider Fourze The Movie Everyone Space Is Here Films of the 2010s Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z