Series: Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine
Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine is a Shoujo tokusatsu series running from January to December 1990. It was the 11th entry in the Toei Fushigi Comedy Series franchise. As one of a number of shoujo series created by Shotaro Ishinomori, it stood out by being parodied and referenced many times later on. It's also one of the few heroines in the franchise to be included in Toei's official superheroes list.Yuko Murakami is an Ordinary High-School Student who goes to a Shinto shrine to pray one day. She knocks down the bell in front of the shrine when she rings it, and awakens Kami-sama, or God himself, who bestows upon Yuko the power to become a fighter for justice, a Super Hero, as Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine. She fights all kinds of villains who want to make life hard for children.
Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine provides examples of the following tropes:
- Big Good: Kami-sama. Can't get any bigger than that.
- Cool Car
- Cool Sword: BellSaber
- Crossover: 23 years later, she's back, in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie War Ultimatum. However, she's The Other Darrin. And All Just a Dream, as she only exists in the donut shop owner's Underworld.
- Damsel in Distress: Happens to Poitrine a lot, almost Once per Episode. Likely for fanservice.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: The ending, sung by Yuko's actress.
- Sealed Good in a Can: Kami-sama