Blood and Bone is a 2009 American direct-to-DVD martial arts film directed by Ben Ramsey and written by Michael Andrews. The film stars Michael Jai White, Eamonn Walker and Julian Sands, and features martial artist Matt Mullins and MMA fighters Bob Sapp, Kimbo Slice, Maurice Smith, Gina Carano and Ernest "The Cat" Miller.
Flew largely under the radar and only earned 2.5 out of 4 stars at the News Blaze
This movie contains examples of:
- Asian and Nerdy: Pinball heavily averts this. He uses a lot of urban hood slang and curses just as much.
- Badass: Isaiah Bone, the protagonist. For being mostly dispassionate, he kicks copious amounts of ass throughout the movie.
- Comically Serious: This little exchange after Bone clears out an entire crowd of fighters.
Bone: You know where that's been, right?
Pinball: Goddamn you one crazy sonuvabitch!
- Curb-Stomp Battle: This is Bone's specialty.
- Excuse Plot: It's as bare-bones as you can get with a revenge story. Bone is out for revenge against a local mob leader who had his friend Danny framed for triple homicide and subsequently killed in prison (the murderers mistook Danny for Bone).
- Man of Wealth and Taste: Big Bad James tries to put on this front. Deep down, he's just a thug, which is made all the more evident when he claims to not be a drinker, smoker or using profanity. But when his plans fall apart all around him, he suffers a Villainous Breakdown and loses all sense of composure, cursing repeatedly in every scene thereafter.
- Politically Incorrect Villain:
- Wicked Cultured: James, again, specifically by claiming to be a warrior scholar of Genghis Khan.