Fanfic: Kamen Rider OOO The Metals Of Ikki Tousen
"He was so heroic and powerful with the way he rescued me from those shark monsters. Seeing how he was able to duplicate himself to fight them all was just amazing too! I haven't seen anything like it before! –sigh- Oh OOO-sama."Kamen Rider OOO: The Medals of Ikki Tousen
— Ryuubi Gentoku
a crossover made by Kamen Rider Chrome and Ten-Faced Paladin (the same creators from Showa & Vampire
, Love Hina Double Trouble
and Rosario To Kiva
) that focuses on Kamen Rider OOO
and Ikki Tousen
. This is also the first official Kamen Rider OOO
fanfic. It was released on October 25th 2010. now has a wiki http://kamen-rider-ooo-the-metals-of-ikki-tousen.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Taking place during the Dragon Destiny saga, the Greeed escape from the Kanto Art Museum, very much in the same manner as the first cold opening in OOO. Moments later, a crowd is gathered in front the museum, Hakufu and Kokin among them, wondering if it was a robbery. Hakufu soon finds the red Core Medal, obviously attracting Ankh's attention. But when Yummies appear in the city, and turn out to be capable of overpowering top Fighters such as Saji, Ryomou, and Chou-un, Ankh has no other option but to allow Hakufu to become Kamen Rider OOO
to stop the rival Yummies. But just how will this affect the destiny of the Fighters?
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- A Boy and His X: Shamoku and his pet bear Kuma-chan.
- All Yummies and Greeed Are Perverts: The first thing Mezool does when encountering Ryuubi was grope her reasonably large boobs.
- Also justified for the Bee Yummy, which was spawned from Saji, and thus needed to devour lingerie to grow stronger.
- Ascended Fangirl: Hakufu loved to watched superhero anime and read manga while she wasn't training. Her getting a chance to be an actual superhero than just a reincarnated warrior just adds fuel to her already burning Blood Knight fire.
- Badass Biker: Just about any Fighter who has a Cell Medal in hand.
- Biker Babe: It's a Kamen Rider fic! What'd you expect?
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: In retrospect, it may appear to be like this between Hakufu and Ankh since Hakufu is female.
- The Berserker: Kakoton ends up in this state when under the influence of the Panther Yummy.
- Berserk Button: Ankh really hates the noise that the school bells make.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Hakufu
- Brutal Honesty: Ankh
- The Cameo: Double and Accel. Mostly likely hinting that Love Hina Double Trouble co-exsits like it does in cannon.
- The Chessmaster: Kougami, who wants to use the Fighters' desire for creation to counter the Greeed's desire for destruction.
- Comes Great Responsibility: Hakufu is a believer of this virtue.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: To Ankh, Nanyo Academy is this. He even calls it a "torture district".
- Curb-Stomp Battle: How Koukin is nearly killed.
- Chouhi vs. Uva. He litterally curb stomped her.
- Demonic Possession: Ankh uses Koukin's body through the course of the story. Koukin himself is in coma and it doesn't seem like he'll wake up anytime soon.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Chuubou's reason for appearing in Kanto was because of her nightmares about Koukin being dragged away from her by the Greeed. Chillingly, she's not completely wrong.
- Enemy Mine: Hakufu and Ankh at first. Triple points for the fact that Ankh is possessing Koukin.
- Later all of the schools decide to join together in order to fight the Greeed.
- Even the Girls Want Her: After being saved by OOO, Ryuubi has now developed an affection for her, even going as far as giving her the nickname "OOO-sama". She has no idea that her fellow king, Hakufu, is underneath the armor.
- Expy: Something like that, considering that Ten-Faced and Crome like to use anime characters as Kamen Riders. Aside from Hakufu, they have used Ranma, Keitaro, and many others.
- Exact Words: Kougami tells Hakufu that the first meeting of two parties is like a birthday. Of course, with Hakufu being who she is, she thinks that this means that there are a lot of birthdays for her to remember and birthdays that she didn't get invited to or get presents for.
- Face of a Thug: Shamoku, the leader of Teikoku Academy, also known as the Barbarian King. In spite of his intimidating appearance, he's very friendly and is a childhood friend of Ryuubi.
- Failure Knight: Hakufu, who feels guilty for Koukin being practically sent into a coma with only Ankh keeping him alive.
- Fangirl: Ryuubi becomes this to OOO.
- Fantastic Racism: Ryomou refuses to trust Ankh because he's a Greeed, one of the monsters attacking her town. She dislikes him even more since he's holding literally Koukin's life in his... hand.
- Faux Symbolism: Apparently, the Fighters represent birth and creation, whereas the Greeed represent death and destruction. Even Kougami himself said so.
- Foreshadowing: In chapter three, the sight of Fighters from different schools working together as they picked up all the Cell Medals littering the ground might very well be a sign of things to come.
- If you are familiar with the Three Kingdoms stories, you'll know that Shuutai will eventually have to kill Shamoku somewhere in the future.
- Freak Out: The way Hakufu reacted upon meeting Ankh for the first time.
- Ankh's reaction upon meeting Chuubou, and learning that she's Koukin's future bride.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: One of the Panther Yummy's abilities.
- Fridge Brilliance: "Ikki Tousen" literally means "The sole warrior with the strength of one thousand". And the subtitle is "Medals of Ikki Tousen", though the Medals are used by OOO herself. But either way, the title makes more sense than you think, as OOO possesses more power than any of the Fighters. In other words, OOO is a literal Ikki Tousen.
- From Bad to Worse: At the end of Chapter 7, despite their best efforts from all three schools, they only caused Uva to lose one Cell medal. And then he creates two more White Yummies from Chukou and Kakuen to join the Firefly Yummy and the horde of Psuedo-Yummies he had already created.
- Funbag Airbag: This happens to Shoichi when trying to escape the Firefly Yummy.
- Gratuitous English: "Holy SHIT!"
- Harsher in Hindsight: "Gameru-chan is so sweet to me. He tries so hard to make me happy. Some days I really doubt if he has desires of his own. I guess that's what makes me so sure he'll never betray me." Although that episode was weeks in the past by the time this chapter was posted, it still applies.
- Have You Tried to Be Normal?: Ankh's reaction to the Fighters that try to stop the Yummies on their own.
Ankh: "Why can't you people ever run away from the monsters like normal people?"
Hakufu: "Because we're not normal Ankh-chan!"
Ankh: "So you're all stupid then?"
- He-Man Woman Hater: Shoichi Sonshoko. Though he still wants a girlfriend that won't beat him up.
- Hero-Worshipper: In her early years, Hakufu enjoyed superhero shows. That was where her sense of justice came from.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Shark Yummy was one of the first Greeed to be produced in the first chapter. In episode nine, the Same Yummies are introduced.
- Idiot Hero: Hakufu, obviously.
- Immune to Poison Darts and Arrows: Bashoku and Ten'i both try to take out Uva behind the back. Doesn't work out that way.
- In the Name of the Moon: Spoofed.
- I'll Kill You!: It's a very big deal when Hakufu said that in the first chapter since she normally shows mercy to her enemies. It means that someone has done something to push her beyond the edge.
- Ironic Fear: Shoichi Sonshoko is the reincarnate of the warrior princess of the Wu Kingdom. Funny how he's afraid of women in general.
- Is That a Threat?: "More like a warning."
- Lightning Bruiser: Kama-chan can outrun both Shamoku and Chou'un in spite of his large size.
- Locked Out of the Loop: No one seems willing to tell Ryuubi about OOO's real gender.
- Loophole Abuse: Ankh made a deal with Dr. Maki to keep Hakufu from going after the Cuttlefish Yummy for the next 24 hours in exchange for 1000 cell metals. He then tells Hakufu to tell the other Fighters to go after them, since they weren't involved in the deal.
- Mythology Gag: When Hakufu asked Ankh if he was a vampire, he respond that he wasn't a "stain-glassed idiot". Perhaps he met a Fangire once.
- Shuutai refers to the Yummies as "Unknown Lifeforms". And the Kamen Rider of this story is being assisted by ordinary humans trained to combat threats. Sound familiar?
- Older Hero vs. Younger Villain: In reality, the Greeed are a thousand years younger than the ancient warriors that Hakufu and the other Fighters are reincarnated from.
- Otaku Surrogate: Hakufu is show to be this.
- Outside-Context Villain: The Greeed to all the Fighters. Before hand the fighters only had each other to deal with.
- Power Copying: The Yummy can can gain qualities from the people they spawn from. Not just speech and intelligence but also the knowledge of martial arts of the victim is a warrior. The Silkworm Yummy which came from Chouhi proved that.
- Precision F-Strike: See Gratuitous English above.
- As of Chapter 7:
Shamoku : "Aw Fuck!"
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: "Sucker punch!"
- Product Placement: Just like in the show, Ankh gets himself an iPhone, and makes good use of it.
- Punch! Punch! Punch! Uh Oh...: The Gorilla Arms were needed to break through the Panther Yummy's hard skin.
- Kakoton's punches normally has enough force to shatter walls. Kazari, however, said that they "stung a little".
- This pretty much happens with any Fighter that tries to fight a Yummy or Greeed without Rider armor.
- Continuing on with that, even with his dragon power, Sousou was only able to loosen one Cell Medal from Uva.
- Punny Name: Mezool and Gameru's names for their human forms: Mizu Shauta and Gama Sagozo.
- Rescue Romance: See Even the Girls Want Her above.
- Rubber Man: The Silkworm Yummy, although it is just bouncy.
- Rule of Three: Perhaps one of the biggest themes of this story. We already know that the same theme is in the live action show, but let's not forget about the three kings, Hakufu, Ryuubi, and Sousou.
- Running Gag: Lampshaded in Chapter 4, with the fact that everyone always seem to be asking "What the hell?".
- Samus is a Girl: Ryuubi is somehow under the impression that OOO is male, despite her bodyguards knowing otherwise.
- Screw Destiny: Ankh's belief.
- Shooting Superman: Bashoku and Ten'i both attempt this on Uva. Good tactic, but it didn't cut it.
- Shout-Out: "In the name of my school, I am going to punish you!"
- Spit Take: This happens during the Tiger General's meeting when Koumei announces that Shoichi is destined to marry Ryuubi.
- Squick: As Hakufu tried to out last Gamuru without the armor, she gets her hand stuck in his trunk, and it winds up getting covered in... fluids.
- Surrounded by Idiots: What Ankh says about Hakufu (as OOO), Chouhi, Kanu, Chou-un, due to them trying to fight the Shark Yummies despite knowing they were outnumbered.
- Hell Ankh feels this way about all the fighters who get involved since they are shown repeatedly to be outmatched.
- The Tease: Shuutai Youhei, who prefers younger men with innocent looks.
- Thou Shall Not Kill: Averted in the case of the Yummies. Hakufu sees no reason to keep them around. Especially after the Bear Yummy beat Koukin into a bloody pulp.
- Use Your Head: "My head? Oh, my head!"
- Victim of the Week: As always, people are used to create the Yummies that take form of their strongest desire.
- #1: Saji Genpou/Shishi Ouin. The Bee Yummy was created from his desire to flirt with as many girls as he can.
- #2: Ryuubi Gentoku. The Shark Yummies were created from her love for reading.
- #3: Kakoton Genjou. The Panther Yummy was made from his desire for "the Basics of Fighting".
- #4: Chouhi Ekitoku. The Silkworm Yummy gained power from her desire for junk food.
- #5: Shuutai Youhei. The Firefly Yummy was made from her desire for a boyfriend.
- #7 and #8: Kakouen Myosai and Chukou Kyocho. Two more Firefly Yummies were created from their loyalty to Sousou.
- #9: Chuubou Sonken/Shokyo. The Cuttlefish Yummy was created from her crush on Koukin.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Ankh tells Ryomou that despite their differences, he can trust Hakufu a lot more than he trusts his fellow Greeed.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: This more or less summarizes Hakufu's current life style.
- Weak, but Skilled: The top Fighters compaired to the Greeed.
- What an Idiot: When Hakufu was searching for a phone to get help for Koukin, when she already has a cell phone on her. But what do you expect? She's Hakufu after all.
- You think the Fighters would learn by now that OOO is the only one who can fight the Greeed. To be fair, they come in handy in holding off the Yummies until she can arrive.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Normally after Hakufu beats people into a pulp, she either befriends or spares them. With the exception of Ankh, she just beats the Yummies and Greeed into a pulp.
- The Worf Effect: Not even the top Fighters could stop the Yummies and Greeed.
- Yandere: Chuubou winds up like this when under the influence of the Cuttlefish Yummy.
- Your Head A Splode: Ankh silently stated that it should have happened to Koukin after the Bear Yummy was though with him. If Koukin weren't a Fighter, that WOULD have happened.