Fan Fic: Total Drama Revengeof The Forever Mine
All will be answered inside the Forever Mine!
Total Drama Revenge of the Forever Mine is a Total Drama Fanfic by acelaces which An alternate universe story taking place from episode 7 of Total Drama Revenge of the Island that centers around Zoey, Brick, Lightning, Jo, Anne Maria, Scott, Cameron and Mike after becoming trapped in the island's abandoned mine as part of a Punk'd-like prank show designed to get the show more ratings (as its new cast has affected its popularity).Also explores the simultaneous goings-on in Chris' cabin with the tensions between him and Chef as he interacts his new co-host Blaineley who is in contact with a mysterious businessman.
Tropes prominent in this fanfic:
"You lied about the gold, you lied about the demons- you lied about the fish!"
- Asshole Victim: Scott has to hide under Chris' cabin to eavesdrop at one point but is swarmed by red ants though he can't move or make a sound however or he'll reveal his position. It's about the closest thing to justice he gets.
- Battle Couple: Jo and Brick are this when they get along. Eventually they team up to fight the largest mutant mole.
- Berserk Button: Don't mess with Zoey's boyfriend. Don't lie to Lightning. And for the love of all that is sweet and sacred, do not call Jo a guy.
- Big Bad: original character Mr. Rohke, a Rockefeller-esque oil tycoon who plans to destroy the mine and everyone in it
- Bland-Name Product: Zatorade and the ePhone.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Anne Maria gets rained on through the only hole in the roof of the mine when after this exchange.
Zoey: Hey, why do you need to spray tan if you're under a skylight?
Anne Maria: *shrug* A little extra spritz in the mix can't hurt." *continues spraying*
Zoey: Yeah it could, don't you care about the environment?"
- Anne Maria raises an eyebrow*
'Zoey: Well...what about your karma?
Anne Maria: What the heck is kar- *cut off by a splashing of water that came down on her from the skylight, it was starting to rain.*
- Breather Episode: Chapter 4 is the only chapter in which no attempt at escape is made, mostly due to Jo getting drunk and Brick spending the day trying to get her to bandage her wrist.
- Butt Monkey: Lightning is this for Scott.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Scott.
- Averted, in that he lost his belt while he was outside the mine.
- He can't tell Lightning that, so Lightning sees this as a romantic advance. "Dude, Lightnin told you to quit tryina put the moves on Lightnin!"
- Compliment Backfire:
Lightning: Woah girl, you hit like a pro- which doesn't make much sense since you're a girl!
Anne Maria:Well they taught a jackass to talk so i guess anything's possible.
- And again, with Lightning. "Sha-Jeez! Y'all are just pathetic. Lightnin ain't about to quit on his man, Joe! Sure he's tough- but if that's what it takes to get you losers to get Lightnin out of here then Lightnin says Joe is the man with the plan."
- Crack Ship: Lightning discovering his love for Svetlana (who, incidentally was really Vito at the time) while under the influence of alcohol and energy drink. Hilarity Ensues.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Jo taking down a giant mutant butterfly.
- Crowning Momentof Heartwarming: Lightning trying to split his dinner with Scott after Scott leads him to believe he saved his life, when he was really escaping the mine through his secret exit and mentions eating a whole lasagne out of Chris' fridge. Scott takes it and proceeds to discretely dump it on the ground.
- Jo trying to apologise to Cameron.
- Darker and Edgier: Eight teenagers who have been convinced they've been left for dead in an inescapable mine full of radioactive waste with a limited food supply and countless mutagenic creatures.You do the math.
- Backstories are also full of this, especially Mike's.
- Definitely Just a Cold: Cameron insists he's fine even though logic tells him his immune system is failing.
- Death Glare: Brick notes that Jo has shades of this: "Jo had alot of looks, from 'Back off if you value your kiwis' to 'You die tonight."
- Dinner with the Boss: Chef, Chris and Blaineley's dinner with Mr. Rohke.
- Averted, because he wants to skip the formalities and get down to business.
- Disappointed In You: The voice on the phone to Blaineley and Chef to Chris, both for their romantic fraternization.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Cameron hates being underestimated because of his size and frailty.
- Doorstopper: One of the longest-running Total Drama fanfictions.
- Even Evil Has Standards:(Scott's POV)"I whipped out the heavy gold pendant that Blaineley had got from the lady herself, via some serious over-the-phone blackmail. Seriously, it was a verbal bloodbath-even I was a little disgusted watching it, and I've eaten fish outta Backwater Creek."
- Evil Redhead: Scott. Chris is almost made into one by Blaineley's hair dye prank.
- Face Death with Dignity: Cameron.
- Freudian Excuse: All of the characters' backstories are this. Especially for Jo and Mike.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Despite a K-T rating, many innocuous expressions get translated (or mis-translated) by Anne Maria to mean something else. On one occasion, Vito does this.
- Girly Bruiser: Anne Maria with the right motivation.
- Hearing Voices: Sometimes happens to Mike.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: Scott manages to keep his secret exit from the mine a secret from everyone else while looking like he's searching for a way out when he's hanging out at Chris' cabin.
- Ho Yay: Lightning perceives Scott as an admirer with a crush, which Scott denies.
- Informed Ability: Mike's supposed aptitude for directions (since he was a Junior Park Ranger) doesn't seem to stop him from getting lost. and attacked by a giant invisible spider
- Averted is Brick's understanding of morse code, Anne Maria's 'good arm', Zoey's knitting skills, Mike's ability to perform slight-of-hand based magic tricks and Scott's lock-picking.
- Insecure Love Interest: Mike to Zoey, Zoey to Mike. An example from chapter two:
" I realised she was waiting for my answer, was looking right at me. She was so pretty, even with her her hair all messed up from sleeping on the- had she slept on the floor all night? Was she avoiding me? Was she still mad? Oh man, I really didn't want to mess this up. I opened my mouth in reply but nothing came out. I closed it and tried again. Nothing.""Mike?" I asked nervously, "Is this, um... one of your... characters?" When he didn't say anything but open and close his mouth again with a panicked expression I ventured a guess, "Are you supposed to be like, a... fish or something?" Oh no, I hope I didn't just say something wrong, I just wanted him to know I was supportive of his acting career... even if it was a little unpredictable"
Doesn't stop him from getting caught.
- Reality Subtext: Lightning's difficulty in telling the distinguishing the gender of various characters as well as his mistaking daylight for gold and beets for steak are funny until you realise it's because he has a degenerative eyesight condition.
- His doctor seems to have mentioned it but he hand waves it.
- Red Herring: Scott uses suspicion about Mike to distract the others from his escapades outside of the mine.
- Ship Tease: So much of this.
- Sleep Cute: Mike and Zoey on two occasions.
- Soap Opera Disease: Cameron hints towards one many times but after Scott hides his pill bottle down a mineshaft his disease veers into terminal territory.
- Staring Contest: Zoey mistakes Jo and Brick's staring contests for smitten gazing until Brick explains.
- Switching P.O.V.: Frequently, although the first and sixth chapters do this less.
- Take My Hand: Mike to Zoey when the mine cart track is broken.
- Take Off Your Clothes: Anne Maria convices Mike to take off his fruit-stained shirt when he's chased by bats for it. He is reluctant.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Anne Maria's view of Mike and Zoey's interaction.
- Tempting Fate: "Throw whatever you can at Lightnin, Lightnin can take it!" (Cue hailstones the size of dirt clods wallopping him in the head.)
- The Big Damn Kiss: Jo and Brick in chapter 6.
- The Glomp: Zoey does this to Mike.
- The Law of Conservation of Detail:
- The Nicknamer: Jo is this. Lampshaded by Anne Maria.
- Tonight Someone Dies: acelaces frequently promised to kill off Lightning, and the prospect of cannibalism was often played with. The fanfiction was originally intended to be a doom-fic, in which each chapter ened in the death of one of the eight characters until only one survived.
- Too Dumb to Live: After Scott convinces him that the underground lake is full of fish and tells him to catch them by staying still underwater with him mouth open. Lightning agrees.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Mike has trouble remembering how he got his MPD, it doesn't help that his therapist taught him from an early age to 'go to his happy place' whenever flashes of memory came to him.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: The author has apologised for being 'write-stupid' multiple times.
- "Well Done, Son" Guy: Scott is shades of this and Jo was spades of it.
- Will They or Won't They?: There is serious doubt in the case of Mike and Zoey. By the end of the fifth chapter it's clear that they do.
- Xanatos Gambit: Mr. Rohke's plan to seize control of Chris McLean's island to drill for oil.
- X Meets Y: Lord of the Flies meets Total Drama Island.