An 40-episode Fanfic adaption of Choujin Sentai Jetman
. An Air Force soldier and four apartment tenants receive on military hardware from Project Jetman and become the Power Rangers
It can be read in its entirety here
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Alien Invasion
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Composite Character: Sasha. While based on Maria from the original Sentai, her monster forms were actually Radiguet's.
- Darker and Edgier: Compared to the actual Power Rangers shows made during The Nineties.
- However, the author does take care to edit Sentai footage the way it would be edited for Power Rangers (no smoking, drinking or impalement).
- Dead Fic: While the first season, based on Jetman is entirely complete and stands well on its own, the second season of the fic, which partially adapts Choujuu Sentai Liveman, stopped after the fourth episode and shows no indications of ever getting finished.
- The Doll Episode: "Yesterday's Trash." The Monster of the Week takes the form of the Blue Ranger's old teddy bear.
- Fantastic Racism: Trask towards humans, due to how humans drove Vampirians/Vampires away from Earth.
- Five-Man Band: As per Power Rangers tradition:
- Gender Flip: Yellow Lion is male in Liveman, while the Yellow Lion Ranger in Take Flight's second season is female. Her name? Trini. (A different Trini, but still...)
- Home Base: The apartment the Rangers live in, and later on a house by a cemetary after the apartment becomes a Monster of the Week.
- Noodle Incident: We don't exactly learn what caused Maggie to break up with her ex-boyfriend Sean, but Word of God says that infidelity is a likely reason, given how Sean tries to be more honest with Maggie in his attempts to win her back.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Reality Ensues: It turns out that making unexcused absences will attract the attention of your boss, as well as make you run the risk of losing your job. Fortunately for Luke, his boss was smart enough to put two and two together, and is pretty okay with it.
- Retcon: A few, as detailed in the commentary, but one of the most notable ones is the explanation that the talk button on the AviMorphers doesn't work when unmorphed, thus explaining the lack of communication between the Rangers outside of battle.
- Script Fic: The story is written entirely in script format. Like an actual Power Rangers season, the storylines and scripts are even written with stock footage from the adapted Super Sentai season in mind.
- Secret Keeper: Quite a few, actually. Likely to keep in with the fic's (slightly) more realistic tone; obviously someone will suspect something.