TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Voltalia is a fanfiction writer from the United States who apparently loves to write crossover
fanfics more than any other fanfic. She is a member here, going under the name guardianemessiah, and according to her profile on Fanfiction Dot Net
, is a mildly autistic
, genderfluid, bisexual
, and mostly Native American sadist
.Here is her FanFiction.net profile
.She also has a deviantART account
.And a YouTube channel
Fanfics written by Voltalia:
Original Stories Written By Voltalia:
Tropes that apply to Voltalia and her fanfiction:
- Animesque: Her artwork tends to look like this, if you don't count the bases she uses.
- Adaptation Expansion: This seems to be the case for her fanfics.
- Aerith and Bob: You've got characters named Lois, Naomi, Rachelle, George, Faye, Dana, Suzette and Dorothy. Then you've got characters named Heloise, Venetia, Adele, Ajax, Guinevere, Arcadia, and Dido. And then you've got characters named Oddity, Io, Kordora, Vulla, Calpeurnia, Caldeur, Aria, and Mnemosyne.
- Apocalypse How: Exclusively used for her YouTube Poops.
- Author Appeal: Voltalia loves to impregnate characters for her stories. Her most recent fanfics also have gorn in them. Oh, and some of her OCs happen to be Asian.
- Author Avatar: Queen Voltalia in How to Kill a Mary Sue. Also her Self Insert Sarah in her early fanfics.
- Art Evolution: Seriously, take a look at her artwork from 2010 and then look at her artwork now.
- Artistic License – Biology
- Crossover: Her fanfics, most of the time, live and breathe this trope.
- Dead Fic: Actually, too many to name. However, Dustin and Namine: Year 1 hasn't been updated since March 2010, the last time Our Joy and A SuperSecret Christmas Odyssey were updated was September and December 2011, and How to Kill a Mary Sue and TUFF Arthur: Waiting for the End haven't been updated since February 2012.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most characters in her recent fics are this. Hell, she practically is this.
- Description Porn: Oh, so much!
- Disproportionate Retribution: In The Doctor is on the Loose, Doctor Doctor decides to destroy Equestria and bomb Bikini Bottom because Patrick Star raped her.
- Fandom: She used to be just a major fan of The Secret Show and when she was a pre-teen, a major fan of Danny Phantom and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Then she got into Adventure Time, T.U.F.F. Puppy, Hero108, Superjail!, My Little Pony, Team Fortress 2 and more recently Steven Universe.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: According to her profile on FanFiction.net, her crossover universe for most of her fanfics is this. Do Pokemon count?
- Foe Yay Shipping: Apparently, this is her favorite kind of shipping.
- Gender Equals Breed: Also tries to avert this trope on many occasions.
- Human Mom Non Human Dad: Usually played straight with her hybrid OCs.
- Ho Yay Shipping: This kind of shipping is also another favorite of hers.
- Interspecies Romance: Common in her fan works.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Her fanfics seem to have about 40+ characters in them, and most of them are Original Characters.
- Mega Crossover: How to Kill a Mary Sue is meant to be this, with the premise being that The Problem Solverz go across several dimensions to oust Mary Sues.
- Mr Sea Horse: Admittedly, Voltalia dislikes this trope because it is biologically impossible and gross. However, she is strangely interested in it.
- Novelette: Only four of her fanfics are longer than 7,500 words.
- Novella: All in the Family is over 20,000 words.
- Older Than They Look: In Real Life, she looks like she is 14 or 15 years old. She's actually 19. Justified due to her High Functioning Autism.
- Only Child Syndrome: Voltalia once revealed that she was an only child on her deviantART account.
- Remember the New Guy: Few of her OCs (mostly the Pokemon in her The Secret Show fanon) are introduced this way.
- Shotgun Wedding: Expect this trope to pop up at some point in her stories.
- Signature Style: In her stories, Voltalia tends to use Description Porn as often as possible while inserting random pop-culture references, almost always short expositions, a slightly uneven balance between narration and dialogue, and a way of pulling new characters (if they're not newborns) out of nowhere whenever the author/plot calls for it.
- Snake People: Her Distaff Counterpart OCs Kordora and Vulla and their family are this.
- Tangled Family Tree: The Voltalian Cartoon Universe Family Tree is definitely this. It has canon characters and OCs for The Secret Show, Superjail!, Adventure Time, and My Little Pony related to one another. And the craziest thing about this is... so far, it's a work-in-progress.
- Three-Month-Old Newborn: Played straight in any fanfics she's written that deal with a character being pregnant.
- Exception: In Chapter 3 of the The Nostalgia Critic and The Secret Show crossover fanfic Eternal Love, it is subverted in that the Nostalgia Critic (AKA Doug Walker here) and Kowalski's twins are covered in blood but there is no mention of an umbillical cord for either of them.
- Exception: Chapter 14 of An Unexpected Child has Dr. Lana Mumford mention cleaning blood off of the Warden and the Mistress's baby.
- Averted: When the Mistress gives birth to twins in Chapter 15 of All in the Family, they are born not only covered with blood, but also with umbilical cords and placentas attached.
- Unreliable Narrator: Played for Laughs in Mama Luigi Has ADHD.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: Played for Laughs in The Copulatory Lives of Aquatic Animals with Mr. Krabs freaking out after Alice mentions her "tenderloin" whilst they have a three-way with Spongebob.
- Unto Us a Son and Daughter Are Born: She's particularly fond of using this trope.
- Video Game Systems: Voltalia has owned a Game Cube, a Nintendo Wii, and a PS3.
- YouTube Pooper: Voltalia has made YouTube Poops on her channel.