Describe Wario Barker
My name is Daniel, I was born on August 23, 1988, and I've lived in Florida my entire life. I've been a part of this Wiki since late 2009, and have edited hundreds of pages (might be over 1,000 by now; not quite sure). For the curious, I have pages on:
I don't drive a Cool Car
(or The Alleged Car
, or any
car), so if I want to go anywhere I either walk or get Put on a Bus
(or get driven). I don't have a job, but I am
good at being a Deadpan Snarker
As seen above, I do
write (fan)fiction occasionally. Just don't expect it all the time.
Pages I've created:
open/close all folders
Moment Of Awesome
What An Idiot
Wild Mass Guessing (WMG)
Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV)
I provide examples of:
- Author Avatar: I'm usually in the stuff I write, in one form or another — usually as a fictionalized version of myself.
- Captain Obvious: Sometimes, although not as frequently as I used to.
- Catch Phrase: Several.
- "Didn't work."
- Former phrases include "Oh, holy crap...", "My whoop is big; big is my whoop.", "I don't care.", "I blame the economy.", "And then people wonder why (complaint about politics, the economy, or myself).", and "Soda is my coffee."
- Cloudcuckoolander: I've been known to utter strange things on occasion.
- Deadpan Snarker: As mentioned before, yes. I will make fun of somebody should they deserve it.
- Just Trying to Help
- Let's Play: I've occasionally been interested in doing these and/or video game reviews, but given the number of people I've seen go ballistic while playing Kaizo Mario World and I Wanna Be the Guy...
- Moment Of Awesome:
- Tracking down a lot of articles, references, etc. for the Wheel of Fortune History Wiki, including a freaking huge Video Archive.
- I've helped to unravel a lot of the mysteries surrounding the infamous 1966 Jeopardy! clip, and was contacted by a contestant's son and even Libby Dyer herself thanking me.
- If you've ever seen the 1968 episode that surfaced in January 2010, you're welcome — Steve Sherman (son of Burt, the original run's 48th undefeated champ) contacted me on my profile page saying he had five shows from '68 and one from '69, so I posted that info on the Sony Boards in an attempt to get some help.
- While we were discussing that, a fellow named Brian Aronson (who had already posted before) said that he had his appearance on the 1978 revival. I offered to upload it, as did Matt Ottinger and a user named "Robert K S"; while I wasn't chosen (Robert was), Brian was gracious enough to send all three of us a DVD containing not only that appearance, but his Trebek game from nearly a decade later.
- Old Shame:
- 1994-95: When I was about six years old, I once spat off the second floor of a mall down to the first floor and ended up sickening an older couple as they were eating. Yeah, I'm not proud of it, and I know far better than to do something so stupid now, but what can you do about it nearly 20 years later?
- Fall 1997 to Summer 1998: I can't remember most of this, and for good reason — body lice. Not a fun time to recall.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: ...Not that there's anything wrong with that.
- Self-Deprecation: I make fun of myself pretty well, thanks.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Averted, I hope. I've seen what happens to those with huge egos.
- Troper Works: Several. Links are in the above table.
- My YouTube account has a set of playlists containing a myriad of clips and full uploads from over 300 pilots, both sold and unsold, that have been put up for viewing in some form on that site. I didn't upload any of those videos, nor do I claim ownership of them — I merely compile the playlists so that others can find them a bit more easily.
- Tv Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: I've used several tropes in Real Life. It annoys me, too.
- Unpublished Works: Quite a few, for various reasons.
- Video Game Movies Suck: I saw the live-action Super Mario Bros.. and Street Fighter movies, so I'm pretty certain I know this trope already.
- Video Game Systems: I own an Xbox, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, and Wii plus games for GameCube, Game Boy (Original, Color, and Advance), PlayStation, and PlayStation 2.
- The "classic" Xbox is heavily modded with emulators and stuff, but I only used it to watch not-Region 1 DVDs and occasionally play with the emulators. It's also what I used to put videos onto YouTube through February 2010, since the DVD/VCR combo didn't like me when I tried that; I used my 360 once or twice for the same purpose before finding Magic DVD Ripper in June 2013 (and no, I'm not being paid to plug said program).