TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Describe Wario Barker
My name is Daniel, I was born on August 23, 1988, and I've lived in Florida my entire life. I've been a part of this Wiki since late 2009, and have edited hundreds of pages (might be over 1,000 by now; not quite sure). For the curious, I have pages on:
I don't drive a Cool Car
(or The Alleged Car
, or any
car), so if I want to go anywhere I either walk or get Put on a Bus
(or get driven). I don't have a job, but I am
good at being a Deadpan Snarker
As seen above, I do
write (fan)fiction occasionally. Just don't expect it all the time.
Pages I've created:
open/close all folders
Moment Of Awesome
What An Idiot
Wild Mass Guessing (WMG)
Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV)
I provide examples of:
- Author Avatar: I'm usually in the stuff I write, in one form or another — usually as a fictionalized version of myself.
- Captain Obvious: Sometimes, although not as frequently as I used to.
- Catch Phrase: Several.
- "Didn't work."
- Former phrases include "Oh, holy crap...", "My whoop is big; big is my whoop.", "I don't care.", "I blame the economy.", "And then people wonder why (complaint about politics, the economy, or myself).", and "Soda is my coffee."
- Cloudcuckoolander: I've been known to utter strange things on occasion.
- Deadpan Snarker: As mentioned before, yes. I will make fun of somebody should they deserve it.
- Just Trying to Help
- Let's Play: I've occasionally been interested in doing these and/or video game reviews, but given the number of people I've seen go ballistic while playing Kaizo Mario World and I Wanna Be the Guy...
- Moment Of Awesome:
- Tracking down a lot of articles, references, etc. for the Wheel of Fortune History Wiki, including a freaking huge Video Archive.
- I've helped to unravel a lot of the mysteries surrounding the infamous 1966 Jeopardy! clip, and was contacted by a contestant's son and even Libby Dyer herself thanking me.
- If you've ever seen the 1968 episode that surfaced in January 2010, you're welcome — Steve Sherman (son of Burt, the original run's 48th undefeated champ) contacted me on my profile page saying he had five shows from '68 and one from '69, so I posted that info on the Sony Boards in an attempt to get some help.
- While we were discussing that, a fellow named Brian Aronson (who had already posted before) said that he had his appearance on the 1978 revival. I offered to upload it, as did Matt Ottinger and a user named "Robert K S"; while I wasn't chosen (Robert was), Brian was gracious enough to send all three of us a DVD containing not only that appearance, but his Trebek game from nearly a decade later.
- Old Shame:
- 1994-95: When I was about six years old, I once spat off the second floor of a mall down to the first floor and ended up sickening an older couple as they were eating. Yeah, I'm not proud of it, and I know far better than to do something so stupid now, but what can you do about it nearly 20 years later?
- Fall 1997 to Summer 1998: I can't remember most of this, and for good reason — body lice. Not a fun time to recall.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: ...Not that there's anything wrong with that.
- Self-Deprecation: I make fun of myself pretty well, thanks.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Averted, I hope. I've seen what happens to those with huge egos.
- Troper Works: Several. Links are in the above table.
- My YouTube account has a set of playlists containing a myriad of clips and full uploads from over 300 pilots, both sold and unsold, that have been put up for viewing in some form on that site. I didn't upload any of those videos, nor do I claim ownership of them — I merely compile the playlists so that others can find them a bit more easily.
- Tv Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: I've used several tropes in Real Life. It annoys me, too.
- Unpublished Works: Quite a few, for various reasons.
- Video Game Movies Suck: I saw the live-action Super Mario Bros.. and Street Fighter movies, so I'm pretty certain I know this trope already.
- Video Game Systems: I own an Xbox, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, and Wii plus games for GameCube, Game Boy (Original, Color, and Advance), PlayStation, and PlayStation 2.
- The "classic" Xbox is heavily modded with emulators and stuff, but I only used it to watch not-Region 1 DVDs and occasionally play with the emulators. It's also what I used to put videos onto YouTube through February 2010, since the DVD/VCR combo didn't like me when I tried that; I used my 360 once or twice for the same purpose before finding Magic DVD Ripper in June 2013 (and no, I'm not being paid to plug said program).