1. Michelle Rodriguez's closet is filled wall to wall with nothing but black tank tops.
2. Michelle Rodriguez is always a cop. Except when she's a Marine.
3. Michelle Rodriguez has a nasty habit of getting herself killed all the time.Latin-American (mother Dominican, father Puerto Rican) actress, best known for playing badass characters (that are often in the army or an officer) in movies such as The Fast and the Furious, Resident Evil, Avatar, and Machete. She also made a brief foray into television by playing—you guessed it—a badass cop character that dies in Lost. Tends to die in movies, but at least in a badass way.
Tropes commonly used in her roles
- Action Girl: She rejects many of the more stereotypically feminine roles, which ends up leaving these.
- Bi the Way: Has dated both her male and female costars in the past.
- Chronically Killed Actor: Since she's often Vasquez, this comes into play quite often.
- Her character gets killed off-screen during the The Fast and the Furious franchise, but eventually averts the trope in the post-credit scene of Fast Five, and she returns in the sixth movie.
- In Resident Evil the SWAT team member Rain Ocampo becomes a Zombie Infectee a third of the way through, survives almost all the way through the rest of the film, and then dies on a tram a few minutes away from a cure. Blonde, minidress-wearing Alice becomes the Final Girl. The franchise lasted long enough that they brought her back via cloning for the fifth film. And both clones die.
- Averted in S.W.A.T., where she plays an LAPD officer in a SWAT team. She takes a bullet in the arm in the final battle but survives.
- Subverted in Machete: we're meant to think her character dies when she's shot through the eye, but she reappears at the climax of the movie with an Eyepatch of Power.
- In Avatar, she is a gruff gunship pilot who dons warpaint and dies in the final battle. The Blue-Skinned Space Babe Nubile Savage love interest lives.
- Averted in Battle: Los Angeles where she plays an Air Force Technical Sergeant, and doesn't die.
- Dies on Lost, though Anyone Can Die there (and she even cameos in the sixth season... for scenes in the afterflife).
- Hidden Depths: Has said that one of the first things she spent money on when she started to "make it" as an actress was buying a whole bunch of books, with science being one of her favourite subjects, in part to make up for what she felt was poor schooling. She also claims that on the set of Avatar she spent hours talking to James Cameron about biology and technology between takes, just because it interests both of them.
- Kubrick Stare: Is very fond of giving these in her movies.
- Ms. Fanservice: Try to find a movie where she's not.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: As a Tanktop Tomboy, her roles often mean forgoing sleeves to seem tougher.
- Spicy Latina: Currently provides the page image from Film/SWAT.
- Tank-Top Tomboy: She seemingly always wears tanktops in her roles, showing her as less of a girly-girl while still allowing for some fanservice.
- Unkempt Beauty: Often portrayed as a greasemonkey or other character type who usually stays or otherwise looks dirty.
- Vasquez Always Dies: Usually plays the tougher girl in a work, and dies for it.