Creator: Milla Jovovich
"I am a strong Ukrainian girl, that is why I work a lot."American actress of Russian-Serbian-Ukrainian descentnote . Best known for firing uzis and looking good while doing it.In the midst of her modeling career, Milla Jovovich (pronounced me-la-yo-vo-witch) made waves in Hollywood with her roles as Michelle in Dazed and Confused and Leeloodallasmultipass in The Fifth Element. Today she is best known for playing Alice in the Resident Evil movies, to the extent that she's the most recognizable character from the franchise (despite not appearing in any of the games).Like Helena Bonham-Carter, she tends to collaborate a lot with her film director husband, Paul W.S. Anderson (though HBC has Milla beat by about two movies).She maintains her modeling and fashion designing career, and even had her own clothing line, Jovovich-Hawk, but it went under in 2008. She's also a singer, and although her last official album was released 17 years ago, she continues to release demos, sing folk songs, and contribute to movie soundtracks. However, an as-yet untitled EP is forthcoming according to Milla herself.
- Lilli Hargrave in Return to the Blue Lagoon (1991)
- Michelle Burroughs in Dazed and Confused (1993)
- Leeloo in The Fifth Element (1997)
- Joan of Arc in The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc (1999)
- Alice in the Resident Evil film series (2002-12)
- Violet Song jat Shariff in Ultraviolet (2006)
- Milady de Winter in The Three Musketeers (2011)
This actress provides examples of:
- Action Girl: She's been getting a lot of these roles since Resident Evil.
- Dyeing for Your Art: She dyed her hair blonde in the first 3 Resident Evil movies. For The Fifth Element, Milla's hair was to be dyed from its natural brown color to her character's signature orange color. However, due to the fact that her hair had to be re-dyed regularly to maintain the bright color, Milla's hair quickly became too damaged and broken to withstand the dye. Eventually a wig was created to match the color and style of Leeloo's hair, and was used for the remainder of the production.
- Full-Frontal Assault: She gets naked a LOT in her movies. Sometimes full frontal.
- Large Ham: She's so hyper, it's incredible. It's especially noticeable when listening to her DVD commentaries.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's often the only reason people go to see her less-than-stellar movies, she knows it, and is a good sport about it. Once when asked why people should see Resident Evil, she replied, "I'm wearing a skimpy dress and holding a machine gun." On the film's DVD commentary she's amazed her husband was able to talk about something completely unrelated while her nipple was visible.
- Older Than They Look: She was born in 1975 and can play characters in their 20s.
- Playing Against Type: A Villain Protagonist in A Perfect Getaway. Also, a punk rocker in Dummy and a cartoony Russian villainess in Zoolander.
- Romance on the Set:
- Married director Paul W.S. Anderson after meeting him on the set of Resident Evil (having previously been in a relationship with Luc Besson, who worked with her on Joan of Arc and The Fifth Element).
- Prior to her relationship with Luc Besson, she married her Dazed and Confused co-star Shawn Andrews at the age of 16, although her mother had the marriage annulled.
- Type Casting: Following the Resident Evil movies, she's been getting a lot of Action Girl roles, although she has played plenty of other types of characters. If she's not the action heroine, she's usually the seductress who gets naked a lot and does sex scenes. It's hard to find her in a movie where she does not take her clothes off (The Fourth Kind is a rare movie where she isn't in Action Girl or Ms. Fanservice mode).