Zoe Yadira Zaldaña Nazario (June 19, 1978-) is a Black Latina note -American actress, best known for playing Green-Skinned Space Babes. Most famous for being in in blockbuster sci-fi films Star Trek and its sequel Star Trek Into Darkness, Avatar, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Drumline (2002)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
- The Terminal (2004)
- Vantage Point (2008)
- Star Trek (2009)
- Avatar (2009)
- The Skeptic (2009)
- The Losers (2010)
- Death at a Funeral (2010 remake)
- Colombiana (2011)
- The Words (2012)
- Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2014 — present) as Gamora:
- The Book of Life (2014)
- Star Trek Beyond (2016)
- Live by Night (2016)
Tropes associated with her include:
- Action Girl: The Losers, Colombiana, Avatar, Guardians of the Galaxy... she's also easy to spot in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, as she's the lone female member of Jack Sparrow's crew.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Her character Anamaria is never seen or heard from again after Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Interestingly, the cast was told in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest that Anamaria would appear at the ending of the film, so the shock and surprise of Captain Barbossa greeting them was genuine.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Any interview with her will automatically contain this.
- Creator Backlash: Against Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- She said, "Those weren't the right people for me. I'm not talking about the cast. The cast was great. I'm talking about the political stuff that went on behind closed doors. It was a lot of above-the-line versus below-the-line, extras versus actors, producers versus P As. It was very elitist. I almost quit the business. I was 23 years old, and I was like, "Fuck this!" I am never putting myself in this situation again. People disrespecting me because they look at my number on a call sheet and they think I'm not important. Fuck you."
- "I didn't like the experience of working on Pirates and I feel that it is my job to be completely honest. To me, that's what a Hollywood movie felt like. If that's what I have to witness, and have to go through, to do a Hollywood movie, I'd rather do something else. It was just too massive. You really felt the immensity of it. Just not my taste."
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: The most famous modern-day example.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her roles in Star Trek, The Losers, Guardians of the Galaxy and especially Colombiana.
- Old Shame: Apparently she didn't like starring in Crossroads or something.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her name can be spelled Zoë Saldaña