Pictured: azure pools of ethereal beauty; part of one bear paw; "good guy" scar; rugged good looks.
Christopher Whitelaw Pine (b. 1980) is an American film, stage and television actor. Born in Los Angeles to actor parents, Pine was studying English at Berkeley when finally bitten by the acting bug. Prior to his breakout role as Captain James T. Kirk in Star Trek
, Pine played mostly in romantic comedies
, leading fandom to be initially wary of his casting. However, his performance in the film received accolades from critics and fans alike. His eyes are azure pools of ethereal beauty
Not to be confused with the Australian education minister
, Christopher Pyne
This actor and his roles provide examples of:
- Berserk Button: Paparazzi.
"What do you tell your children at night? 'Today Daddy got a great shot of Lindsay Lohan
- Fan Nickname: CFine; Captain Fine; The Captain; Berkeley Nopapz; Princess Whitelaw (yes, this is a fan nickname, possibly relating to his lineage, or his appearance in The Princess Diaries sequel).
- Fanservice: His bedroom scene in Star Trek heavily features all of the above.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Wasn't he in that Princess movie?
- In the Blood: Chris's mother, father, sister and grandmother are all actors.
- Milking the Giant Cow: The actor has this trait in real life (possibly as a result of growing up in a houseful of actors). Usually comes into play when telling a story during an interview. Especially noticeable with the bear paws (see Fan Nickname).
- Non-Indicative Name: Despite his last name, he's very capable at showing emotion in performances and can even be quite hammy when he needs to be (He is replacing William Shatner after all).
- Oh Crap: Chris gets a ton of these moments in Star Trek.
- Old Shame: A few.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: His character in Princess Diaries 2 usually has an English accent.
- Purple Prose: "Azure pools of ethereal beauty"?
- Self-Deprecation: When announced as Captain Kirk at WonderCon, Chris claims he heard "a few really pointed, dagger-in-the-heart boos". (Zachary Quinto claims this was his inner voice.)
- Star-Making Role: Star Trek.
- What Beautiful Eyes