Christopher Whitelaw Pine (August 26, 1980-) is an American film, stage, and television actor. Born in Los Angeles to actor parents, Pine was studying English at Berkeley when finally bitten by the acting bug. Prior to his breakout role as Captain James T. Kirk in Star Trek, Pine played mostly in romantic comedies, leading fandom to be initially wary of his casting. However, his performance in the film received accolades from critics and fans alike.Not to be confused with the Australian education minister, Christopher Pyne.
- Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004) as Nicholas Devereaux
- Star Trek series (2009-present) as James T. Kirk:
- Unstoppable (2010) as Will
- This Means War! (2012) as FDR Foster
- Rise of the Guardians (2012) as Jack Frost
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014) as Jack Ryan
- Horrible Bosses 2 (2014) as Rex Hanson
- Into the Woods (2014) as Prince Charming
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day Of Camp (2015) as Eric
- Wonder Woman (2017) as Steve Trevor
Examples of tropes in fiction:
- Fanservice: His bedroom scene in Star Trek heavily features all of the above.
- Oh Crap!: Chris gets a ton of these moments in Star Trek.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: His character in Princess Diaries 2 usually has an English accent.
- Star-Making Role: Star Trek.