Christopher Whitelaw Pine (born August 26, 1980) is an American film, stage, and television actor. Born in Los Angeles to actor parents, Pine was studying English at Berkeley when finally bitten by the acting bug. Prior to his breakout role as Captain James T. Kirk in Star Trek, Pine played mostly in romantic comedies, leading fandom to be initially wary of his casting. However, his performance in the film received accolades from critics and fans alike.Not to be confused with the Australian education minister, Christopher Pyne.
- Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004) as Nicholas Devereaux
- Star Trek "Kelvin Timeline" film series as James T. Kirk:
- Unstoppable (2010) as Will
- This Means War! (2012) as FDR Foster
- Rise of the Guardians (2012) as Jack Frost
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014) as Jack Ryan
- Horrible Bosses 2 (2014) as Rex Hanson
- Into the Woods (2014) as Prince Charming
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp (2015) as Eric
- The Finest Hours (2016) as Bernie Webber
- Hell or High Water (2016) as Toby Howard
- Wonder Woman (2017) as Steve Trevor
- A Wrinkle in Time (2018) as Dr. Alex Murray
Examples of tropes in fiction:
- Fanservice: His bedroom scene in Star Trek heavily features all of the above.
- Oh, Crap!: Chris gets a ton of these moments in Star Trek.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: His character in Princess Diaries 2 usually has an English accent.
- The Cast Showoff: Besides playing Captain Kirk and other acting projects, Chris Pine is also musically talented. He belted his voice as Prince Charming in Into the Woods, and sang a parody of Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl" in his SNL monologue to rant about the confusion of him and the other Hollywood Chrises.