D.C. Douglas is a California-born, up-and-rising voice actor, who used to be a stage performer before becoming a voice actor. While he did do some voice acting, it was mostly on the minor side, but he gained fame
when he voiced Albert Wesker
. His role as Wesker is so famous that he pretty much propelled himself into being a fan-favorite voice actor in a short period of time.
He got into trouble
when he left a voice mail for a Tea Party group called Freedom Works, but he fought back with one heck of a Take That
(and a healthy dose of sarcasm) with this video.
Has a Facebook page
, Twitter account
and a YouTube account.
Notable roles from D.C. Douglas:
Tropes applying to D.C. Douglas:
- Awesome McCoolname
- Badass Baritone
- Camp Straight: From his Twitter profile: "I act in TV and films. I talk in a closet. I drink Appletinis. I hug strangers. I garden. I am the gayest straight man you'll meet. Love me."
- Colbert Bump: Ironically, after the Tea Party and Freedom Works lampooned him and got him fired from his job with Geico, he got a lot more work, became considerably more prolific and broke into mainstream video games with both Resident Evil and Mass Effect. He took a minute to rub this into their faces after 2012.
- Cuddle Bug: As mentioned above, he hugs strangers.
- Deadpan Snarker: Many of his political YouTube videos tend to be very sarcastic (particularly in regards to the Tea Party).
- Fake Brit: As Wesker.
- Friendly Rivalry: With fellow Resident Evil VA Roger Craig Smith.
- Genre Savvy: He is quite savvy about how people act on the Internet in this video.
- GIFT: Parodied in the above video.
- Hilarious Outtakes: Parodied.
- Large Ham
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Despite voicing characters like Wesker, Alexei and Voyager, he is a very friendly and talkative guy who loves his fanbase.
- One of Us: He is also a fan of Wesker, if his work is anything to go by.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: A large majority of the characters he voiced tend to be deep-voiced villains.
- Playing Against Type: As Legion, Chase, and Raven.
- Relationship Voice Actor: He usually plays the shadow behind Roger Craig Smith's back.
- Star-Making Role: After losing his job doing VO work for Geico, Douglas achieved voice acting superstardom as Wesker and Legion.
- Take That: After becoming a famous voice actor following his troubles with Freedom Works, Douglas took an opportunity to lob some potshots at them.
- Talking to Himself: Douglas's farewell video to his two major roles in the video game industry involves Legion trying to establish an alliance with Wesker.