A Boom! Kids
comic based on the DuckTales
animated series (itself based on the Disney Ducks Comic Universe
). This page covers tropes associated with the comic.
Tropes from the Disney Comics version
- Covers Always Lie: The cover of issue #15 depicts the Beagle Boys using shovels (or a spoon, in Burger's case) to dig their way under the Money Bin, but in the actual story, they're using a digging machine they stole from Gyro.
- Covers Always Spoil: All the way in the saga "The Gold Oddisey", specially notorious in issues 9 and 10, whose covers end as the very first scenes of issues 10 and 11 respectively.
Tropes in the Boom! version
- Big Bad: John D. Rockerduck in the first arc.
- Canon Welding: The use of Rockerduck in the first arc is an attempt to blend together all Duck stories, including the Duck Tales cartoon and the comics by Carl Barks, Don Rosa, etc.
- Crossover: With Darkwing Duck.
- George Lucas Altered Version: The trade paperback edition of the Rightful Owners arc redid the artwork for the third issue, which was infamous for being rather poorly done.
- Mythology Gag: In the first issue, when Scrooge McDuck shows Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Webbie his collected treasures, he says that he will show them his "life and times", which is a reference to the comic saga The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.
- Rogues-Gallery Transplant: Among the Mercenaries John D. Rockerduck hired is Darkwing Duck 's enemies Camille Chameleon and Moliarity. Launchpad lampshades this as he barely remembers Camille when she mentions St. Canard.