open/close all folders
Voiced by: Shiori MikamiA headstrong girl who forces her way into Adol's party. She is definitely not the disguised princess of Altago seeking to escape the confines of the castle so she can investigate what's going on.
- An Ice Person and Making a Splash
- Badass Princess
- Bottomless Magazines: Where does she store the arrows again?
- Death from Above: Her Extra Skill Azure Destruction. She shoots multiple arrows upward to later then the arrow falls down to her targets.
- Expy: Bow-wielding rebellious princess-in-disguise, with water/ice element and tsundere tendencies? Sounds a lot like Marle.
- Girlish Pigtails plus Rapunzel Hair: Waist-length and cute enough for Maya to tug.
- Making a Splash
- Missing Mom
- Multishot: Increase the level of this skill enough and you'll see her fire 5 arrows at once.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: To Scias at least, who recognizes her instantly.
- Parental Abandonment: Then her father gets assassinated shortly after Adol visits Ruins Isle..
- Rebellious Princess
- Tsundere: A mild one, though she gets angry toward Dogi (for his attitude) and Maya (for pulling on her pigtails one too many times).
- Vitriolic Best Buds: develops this with Dogi.
Voiced by: Sayaka HiraoA blind priestess who acts as the elder of Kylos Village. In exchange for her sight, she has gained an incredible amount of magical power and can divine the future by listening to the wind.
- Blind Seer
- Blow You Away
- Glass Cannon: With the lowest defense among other units.
- Handicapped Badass: She's blind, but she claims she's still able to see. She also has no problem running and killing some enemies
- Homing Projectile: Her charged normal attack acts as this. It can't target enemies close to you where she isn't facing said target though.
- Magic Staff: Her weapon.
- Squishy Wizard: Can't take much punishment despite her magic prowess.
Voiced by: Yukihiro MatsumuraThe elder of Segram Village. He is incredibly protective of his village and younger sister to the point of single-mindedness. He bears a grudge against his father, the previous elder, for accepting a military appointment in Altago City.
Voiced by: Ai SasakiMustafa's kind-hearted younger sister. She suffers from an advanced case of Iskan Fever, which has left her bedridden and with little time to live. She eventually succumbs to her illness but is resurrected by the power of the Fire Dragon Orb. As her life is now tied to the orb, she joins Adol's party in place of Mustafa and inherits his skills.
- Disney Death: Dies from Iskan Fever after the party meets with Angue-Barl, but is soon resurrected with the Flame Dragon Stone and joins the quest in behalf of her brother.
- Glacier Waif: Despite her size, she's just as slow and strong as Mustafa.
- Ill Girl: Thanks to her Iskan Fever, she's on the verge of death, though the Fire Dragon Orb allows her to become healthy as long as she's in its presence. Luckily, her Iskan Fever disappears after Rul-Ende is defeated.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Suffers this because of the Iskan Fever.
- Moveset Clone: She has the exact same hammer skills as her brother and joins because her life depends on the Fire Dragon Orb that the party is carrying.
Voiced by: Saki YasudaAn excitable young hunter who lives in Shannoa Village. He is the grandson of Shannoa's elder, and frequently causes trouble with his juvenile ways.
- Fragile Speedster: Has one of the lowest physical defense while being the fastest character available.
- Rolling Attack: His Terran Vortex skill has him rolling while leaving earth spikes as he goes along.
Voiced by: Yoko KomuroA kind young woman who lives in the slums of Altago City with her adopted sister Maya. She makes a living as a wandering herbalist and healer. Her true identity is Tialuna Rem Iskalia, the last surviving Elder of the missing Iska Clan. Having fallen into despair at the corruption within Altago City and the hardships she endured, she used her ancestral knowledge to accelerate the coming of the Winds of Destruction so that Altago can be wiped clean of life and start anew.
- Apocalypse Maiden: As Tialuna, the Maiden of Demise, she wishes to accelerate the coming of the Winds of Destruction to wipe out all life on Altago including the land itself to begin anew on a blank slate.
- Big Bad: The main antagonist of the game, who plans to destroy Altago.
- Chekhov's Gun: Her hairpin is needed to gain access to the Moon Dragon.
- Disappears into Light: Her life is tied to Rul-Ende, causing her to fade away after its destruction.
- Evil Counterpart: She serves as one to Feena and Reah, who are also supernatural blue-haired girls who befriend Adol. Unlike the goddesses, who believe in their people despite their flaws, Tia lost hope in her land's situation and seeks to destroy and renew life on Altago.
- Fair-Play Villain: She has to allow the Dragon Warrior to gain power from all the dragons before killing them. Justified because the stronger the warrior's hopes, the stronger their despair when they lose, which will validate her ritual.
- Faux Affably Evil: Tia saved you and helped your party during the game (and even becaming a potenial love interest) but it was all a part of her disguise to ensure no one saw the warning signs of the Winds Of Destruction outside of the Slowly growing Titanos attacks.
- Subverted. Tia reveals that Maya's illness is part of her motivation to cleanse Altago. In the end, her kindness wasn't an act at all.
- Hope Crusher: She reveals the whole point of the Dragon Trials is to select a Dragon Warrior to act as a champion for life on Altago. The despair from the warrior's defeat then validates the destruction and rebirth of Altago.
- Lunacy: as the eldress of Iska, the tribe that worships the Moon Dragon.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl
- Stripperiffic: In her new costume as Big Bad as a part of Evil Costume Switch
- Walking Spoiler: For one, she is the game's Big Bad.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: She wants to wipe out all life on Altago so that it can restart with a clean slate.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Her clan was displaced and persecuted when Altago City was founded. While the majority of Iskan Village managed to hide within a spacial warp, the elder line was trapped outside in exile. As the clan worshipping the Dragon of Balance, her family was forced to watch the world become increasingly imbalanced by the rampant expansionism of Altago City and the selfishness of its people. Finally, the young mute girl she adopted as her sister caught a fatal disease caused by all of the aforementioned imbalance.
Voiced by: Takehiko SakagumaA decorated Dragon Knight of Altago known as the "Altagian Falcon". A reasonable but firm man who sympathizes with Adol and tries to help where he can. He is actually a ruthless servant of Tialuna who uses the authority of the Dragon Knights to carry out her orders without arousing suspicion.
- Casting a Shadow: His skills can be associated with darkness element.
- Death Equals Redemption: Downplayed. He apologizes to the party for killing the king and framing Adol, but still feels that their struggle is hopeless.
- Disappears into Light
- Faux Affably Evil: His reasonable behavior, his aids and sympathy towards Adol, and even his loyalty to the king were all a charade to carry out Tialuna's orders without arousing suspicion.
- Subverted when he admits that he truly respected the king and that he truly sympathized with Adol.
- The Dragon: He's helping Tia wipe Altago clean and fights the party before they can fight her.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: The first fight against him ends up as this. If you wear his HP down enough, he'll become invincible and spam his best move until your party falls.
- The Kingslayer: He eventually confesses to assassinating the king and framing Adol for the assassination.
- Master Swordsman: He slaughters all the Dragon Knights without taking a single hit.
- Rags to Riches: He lived in the slums with Tia, but eventually became an accomplished soldier.
- Villainous Friendship: He wanted to protect Tia from her duty and let her live happily with Maya, but Iskan Fever dashed those hopes.
- White Hair, Black Heart: He is the Dragon that is not revealed until late in the game.
One of the Dragon Knights of Altago. Haughty and arrogant, he uses his position to lord over the commonfolk and get what he wants.
- The Apocalypse Brings Out the Best in People: Once the island is covered in miasma, he ends up looking after Maya rather than antagonizing her.
- Break the Haughty: Undergoes a major one after the halfway point. First, Sigroon betrays him. Then, his men are constantly beaten and humiliated by Adol and his party. Finally, he can do nothing to stop Scias' massacre of Altago Palace which killed his father, Prime Minister Orbus.
- Dual Wielding: He wields two swords when he and the Dragon Knights show up to arrest Adol.
- Jerk Ass: We first meet him attempting to force himself onto Tia, and he just gets worse from there.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Near the end of the game, he's shown helping the victims of the worsening Winds of Destruction.
- Rich Bastard: He's the son of Prime Minister Orbus and constantly bashes Scias for his humbler origins.
- The Unfought: He mentioned to be a skilled warrior in an optional cutscene, but you'll only ever fight his goons.