open/close all folders
- Bald of Evil: Most of them, including the females.
- Big Badass Rig: The tow truck.
- Black Speech: While they understand and speak a bit of English, they forego even attempting to speak it in favor of a bizarre gibberish.
- Cannibal Clan: It's very big.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: While prone to bickering, they still do clearly care for each other.
- Feel No Pain: The original trio, at least. It's unknown if the other members of the family have similar disorders that account for their durability.
- Multiple-Choice Past: They're either inbred hillbillies, toxic mutants, zombies, mental patients or any combination of these. Each movie seems to differ.
- Mutants: Mutated via a combination of incest, and chemical dumping. Of course, this is only established in the third movie, and not refferenced at all in the others, which posit other origins.
- Obviously Evil: They're all hideous.
- Averted in Wrong Turn 6, where a few of the relatives look like normal humans.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Their given names (if they even have them) are unknown, and the surname "Hilliker" was given to them by the staff of the Glenville Sanatorium, who named them after the woman who discovered them.
- Villainous Incest. The family may have been inbred long before its genetics were further damaged by toxic waste.
- Big Bad: Of all the films.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: His reaction to finding Three Toes' body is heartbreaking.
- Eye Scream: Did it to himself and ate his eye.
MaynardFather of the Hillikers.
- Bald of Evil: In the 5th movie.
- Bigger Bad: Maynard is this in 5th movie. As everything in movie happens due to him getting caught.
- Manipulative Bastard: He is best at this.
Victims and Survivors
- Damsel in Distress: Is kidnapped in climax.
- Final Girl: Of first Wrong Turn. Though Chris also makes it.
- Nightmare Dreams: While hiding from the hillbillies, Jessie has a brief nightmare where she and Chris are found by them.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: with Chris.
- Action Survivor: Alongside with Jessie.
- Car Fu: Rams the police car through the hillbillies' house.
- Underside Ride: Hitches a ride in the hillbillies' car to get to their house and save Jessie.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Jessie.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her top.
- Ms. Fanservice: By the standards of the 1st movie.
- Nervous Wreck: After Scott's death.
- Off with Her Head!: By Three Finger on the tree. Her eyes still move while her body falls down.
- Annoying Arrows: Averted. He dies after a few shots.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Distracted the hillbillies so the others could get to their car.
- Sacrificial Lion: Unlike Evan and Francine, we get to know him before his death.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: She doesn't have much screen time.
- Action Girl: Nina is a very active woman. She manages to kill one of the hillbillies on her own.
- Catch-Phrase: "So sue me"
- Final Girl: Nina becomes this in Wrong Turn: Dead End. Jake survived too.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: She gets better.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While Nina was seen as a mean person. She tried to help comfort Mara, after M cheated on her.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She is this with Jake. They argue a lot but it is obvious that both of them care for each other.
- Black Dude Dies First: Averted, he survives the whole movie.
- Ignore the Fanservice: Pays no attention to Elena getting naked.
- Lovable Jock: He's a former football player and generally a nice guy.
- Nerves of Steel: He doesn't get scared like Jonesy when he realises he was eating human meat.
- Annoying Arrows: After getting shot by two of Pa's arrows, Dale just asks: "Is that all you got, bitch?"
- Badass in Distress: Gets caught by the hillbillies at the beginning of the movie.
- Big Damn Heroes: Returns to save Nina and Jake.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The way he killed Sister and Brother.
- Nerves of Steel: He does not fear the hillbillies and returns to fight them when he has a chance to escape.
- Retired Badass: He's an ex-military man who became a TV show host.
- Self-Surgery: Stiches his own wounds after finding refuge.
- This Means Warpaint: Puts on some warpaint while getting ready to face the hillbillies.
- Casanova Wannabe: Harassed most of the female competitors.
- Together in Death: A non-romantic example with Amber.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: After he found out he was eating Kimberly's leg.
- Badass Gay: Doesn't act badass in the forest much, though.
- Bury Your Gays: She's a lesbian and she dies.
- Nerves of Steel: She doesn't get scared like Jonesy when she realises she was eating human meat. Also, she tries to comfort Jonesy moments before their death.
- Together in Death: A non-romantic example with Jonesy.
- Decoy Protagonist: Has all traits of the Final Girl, but turns out one of the first to die.
- Death by Sex: He was busy spending time with Elena instead of monitoring the cameras, so he skipped everything that happened previously, including his girlfriend's death.
- Off with His Head!: The way he dies.
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheats on Mara, who wanted to marry him, with Elena.
- Animal Motifs: Compares herself to a fox.
- Asshole Victim: It's difficult to feel pity for her.
- Attention Whore: Has sex with M to get more screen time.
- Jerkass: Made most of the participants hate her.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's the only female character in the 2nd movie to show her breasts and seduce a male character.
- Token Minority: The only Indian in the whole franchise.
- As Himself: She is played by a real-life singer Kimberly Caldwell.
- Chekhov's Gun: Nina and Jake use her car to escape the forest at the end of the movie.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: The way she died.
- Damsel in Distress: She was kidnapped by escaped prisoners, kidnapped by Three Fingers.
- Final Girl: In Wrong Turn: Left For Dead. After other two survivors die in end of movie. Alex is only one who is still alive.
- The Generic Girl: Alex doesn't have a lot of personality.
- The Load: She is very useless and is easy kidnapped.
- Anti-Villain: Brandon is Type I. He constantly avoids doing anything unpleasant to the protagonists unlike other prisoners and even helps them in the end to get away. Averted by the ending.
- Death by Materialism: Returns to collect the money and dies.
- Bad Cop/Incompetent Cop: He doesn't help Preslow subdue the criminals, he gives Walter an empty gun and he's useless.
- Death by Materialism: He definitely shouldn't have come back.
- Retirony: Nate is about to retire from prison guarding when he is sent to accompany an important prisoner transfer, which inevitably goes wrong and results in his death.
- Final Girl: Along with Sara in Wrong Turn Bloody Beginnings. But both of them get's they head cut off in the end..
- Genre Blind: See the entry below this.
- If You Kill Him, You Will Be Just Like Him: Her philosophy. Wrong movie to have it in.
- Nice Girl: Kenia is very friendly and sweet.
- Off with His Head!: what happened to her and Sara in the end.
- Too Dumb to Live: Kenia think if she or others kill Hilliklies, they become like that. It's obviously that if she don't kill them, she become victim of them.
- Action Girl: Sara manage take out one of hillikers with larget stick.
- Big Damn Hero: Saves Kenia in time, before One Eye can kil her.
- Bury Your Gays: well she is lesbian.
- Final Girl: Along with Kenia in Wrong Turn Bloody Beginning. But they both get they heads cut off in the end.
- Off with His Head!: what happened to her and Kenia in the end.
- Break the Cutie: Lita was very sweet and friendly person, but after Maynard cut her eyes and start say he will kill and rape her, she finally get her breakdown.
- Eye Scream: Lita gets her eyes cut.
- Final Girl: Of Wrong Turn Bloodlines. But she is taked away by Maynard and other hillikers.
- Nice Girl: Sweet and friendly and it's probably easiest person Maynard manage manipulate.
- Too Dumb to Live: Believed Maynard and set him free from jail.
- Screaming Woman: She don't scream very much as cry.