The characters from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
fanfic Witch Quest
.Rochelle, the Witch of Regret
The protagonist of the story, she is a Witch who, unlike other Witches, happens to be sane.
- Accidental Marriage: As part of Kyubey's study of her capabilities, she ends up getting married to Kyoko.
- Dark and Troubled Past: What drove her to make the contract, as well as the immediate aftermath.
- Eldritch Abomination: But a gentle, benevolent one.
- Expy: Lets see, sharp pointy teeth, check. A fashion sense that always seems to make her wear Stripperiffic outfits, check. And of course, who can forget the Verbal Tic... Cultist-chan Anyone?
- Giant Spider: Her true form looks like this.
- Hairy Girl: Has hairy legs in her girl form.
- Immortality: Resurrective type.
- Interspecies Romance: With Kyoko.
- Kill It with Fire: Gets killed many times by Napalm's... well, napalm.
- Multicolored Hair: Even when all the fanart of this story is black-and-white, this is apparent.
- Namedar: Rochelle can look at a Puella Magi and know what her Witch's name will be. The one exception so far is Napalm, whose Witch name keeps changing whenever Rochelle checks.
- Rip Van Winkle: A lot of time passed between when Rochelle first turned into a Witch and when she somehow suddenly regained her sanity at the start of the fic. How long exactly is unknown, but she apparently comes from a time when typewriters were still used.
- Shapeshifter Default Form: Starts every "Groundhog Day" Loop as a giant spider, but her "teenage girl" form is most convenient and tends to be her regular.
- Sliding Scale of Anthropomorphism: She can go anywhere from "Giant Spider" to "girl with retractable claws and spinnerets for tonsils." Going back to "Giant Spider" isn't a pretty sight.
- Time Travel: Some of her deaths were caused by this.
- Wild Child: Remember when we said that she was a sane witch? That's not exactly sane by human standards. For example, she can only gain nutrients from things when she kills them with her bare hands. She has eaten a lot of raw rats and pigeons since the story began.
The same Puella Magi as in the original anime.Kyubey/Incubator
Same as the anime one.Akemi Homura
The same Puella Magi as in the original anime.Kaname Madoka
The heroine of the anime, she don't appear much and pretty much don't do anything (except being kidnapped by Napalm, for now).Kyoko Sakura
The same Puella Magi as in the anime, but she get a bigger role. Here, she gets married to Rochelle and get addicted to magic due to abuse of grief power.Francine von Lichtenstein
A Puella Magi with prodigious healing powers. She runs a clinic in Hokkaido where Puella Magi who have been wounded beyond what their own magic can heal can seek treatment... provided they're able to pay for her services, that is.Shizuki Hitomi
Sayaka and Madoka's classmate in the original series. Here, she plays a much larger role from just being Sayaka's Unwitting Instigator of Doom
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Hitomi's mother's immediate reaction to her daughter bringing Kyoko and Rochelle home with her? A cheerful "Darling, come quick! Our daughter has started bringing prostitutes home~"
- Ascended Extra
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Way to go, Hitomi. You wanted to ask Mami the truth about Puella Magi and Witches and ended up giving Mami a major Freak Out!, resulting in her slitting her wrists and then Witching out when that didn't kill her.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Her reaction to learning the Awful Truth about Puella Magi and Witches is essentially, "That's it?" Kyuubey notes that with that sort of mental fortitude, the Incubators would normally have never bothered with trying to get her to contract, since it's unlikely that she'd ever fall to despair.
- Time Master : How her Puella Magi powers manifest themselves, since her wish was to have more time to balance between her studies, extracurricular activities, and socialization.
Two members of the Jade Dragon Yakuza clan who were sent to investigate the sudden disappearance of 300 members of the rival Green Hornet group from one of their safehouses and ended up getting pulled into the Witch's Barrier that had manifested there.
- Amazon Chaser: Haranobu is impressed with Kyoko's badassery and tries asking her out. She turns him down, not because she's underage, but because she's married.
- An Arm and a Leg: When Kyoko and Rochelle first find Haranobu, he's lost an arm fending off familiars, necessitating an Escort Mission to get him to the infirmary on the next floor so he can properly bandage his stump and replace the blood he's lost.
- Badass Normal: Two normal Yakuza Mooks who managed to survive being trapped in a Witch's Barrier long enough for help to arrive.
- Dumb Muscle: "Bear" is described as being "twice as strong and half as smart" as a real bear, which he cheerfully agrees with.
- Guest Star Party Member
- Neighborhood Friendly Gangsters: To an extent. Kyoko mentions that the Jade Dragons are pretty noble, as far as Yakuza clans go, but they're still, well, Yakuza.
- Original Characters
- Those Two Bad Guys