Great Ocean Tug and Salvage Company
The Whole Team
- Kid-Appeal Character: Theodore and Hank.
- The Magnificent: The older and more experienced tugs have a "V" word, to show that they are ready go go out on the ocean.
- Nice Hat: Theodore's red baseball cap, Emily's A light blue boat hat (It's also her most prized possession.), Foduck's fireman helmet, Hank's blue turk, George's purple cap, and the Dispatcher also has one!
TheodoreThe main protagonist of the series. He is the recent member of the tugs whose main job is to move barges and ships. He wants to go see what it's like outside the Big Harbour, though he likes his new place.
- Expecting Someone Taller: The Dispatcher expected him bigger when he first came in the harbour.
- Kid Hero
- Rookie Red Ranger
- To Be a Master: Dreams of getting his V word and becoming an oceangoing tug.
- Cool Big Sis
- Determinator: Her V-Word and title is Emily The Vigorous.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Carla's red.
- The Chick .
- Tsundere: Though she leans more towards a Type B
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: In the Bumper Buddies episode.
- The Magnificent: Foduck The Vigilant.
- The Smart Guy
- Achilles in His Tent: In "Hank and the Hug", he decided not to be a tugboat anymore because no ones to play with him. This changes after his friends gave him a hug.
- Cloudcuckoolander: "It's...um...fresh!"
- The Lancer
- Super Speed: The fastest tug in the big harbour!
- The Big Guy
- Big Brother Mentor: Sometimes fills this role to Theodore
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Gentle Giant: At his best.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: At his worst.
- Kick the Dog: He can be quite mean without intending to be.
- The Magnificent: George The Valiant.
RebeccaA research vessel who likes researching about the ocean.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Early Installment Character-Design Difference: Prior to being an actual character, she was faceless. Her second model look similar to her latest one, though it's painted different, her pupils are larger, and lack of eyebrows.
- Not So Above It All: This happens in " Rebecca and the Big Snore", when she realizes that she isn't all that perfect after Theodore told her that was shouting at Shelburne.
- The Smart Girl
CarlaA cabin cruiser who is one of Emily's friends. She plays by her own rules.
- Affectionate Nickname: She has one for each of Emily's friends; "Be-a-Bore" for Theodore, "Honk" for Hank, "Georgie-Porgie" for George, "Four Ducks" for Foduck, and "Mr. Dishwasher" for the Dispatcher. They don't see these nicknames as such.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Emily's blue.
SigridA supply ship who brings supplies to Owan the Oil Rig.
- Nice Girl: She is very kind, polite, and eager to please, and often acts as a sisterly figure, especially towards Emily and Dorothy.
- Reused Character Design: Her model was recycled from Oliver's.
DigbyAn old cable ship who frequently gets stuck somewhere.
- Catch-Phrase: He uses catchphrases such as "Oh flibberty jibberty!" and "Oh my starfish and little oysters".
- Running Gag: He is always getting stuck somewhere. When Emily gets stuck in "Emily Goes Overboard", she exclaims, "Things like this only happen to Digby!".
GuysboroughA grumpy barbage barge. He is so grumpy, that his only friends are Theodore, Jasper, and Digby.
- Achilles in His Tent: In "Guysborough's Garbage", he refused to clean up the garbage when he felt unappreciated by Theodore and his friends.
- Hate Plague: He had this effect on Theodore and his friends in the episode that introduces his character.
- Hates Baths: When Foduck tried to clean him in "Foduck and the Shy Ship", he thought he was melting.
- The Pig Pen: He loves garbage.
- Verbal Tic: He uses the word "rotten" a lot.
OwanAn oil rig who is a friend of Theodore.
- Catch-Phrase: "Yes sireee, Bob!"
- No Indoor Voice: Though, being an oil rig, he's already outside.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: In "Theodore and the Boat Bully", he becomes very quiet and unenthusiastic when he finds out that Oliver the Vast, a visiting Jerk Jock tug, is coming to the Big Harbor to take him to the ocean to work.
Donald DockA dock that resides near The Dispatcher.
- Pokémon Speak: All he can say is "Uh-huh".
- Shout-Out: His name is a reference to the Disney character, Donald Duck.
Jasper the Junk DockThe junk dock that Guysborough works near.
- Pokémon Speak: All he can say is "Nope".
Queen StephanieAn ocean liner that visits the Big Harbor on special occasions.
- Cool Crown: Wears a tiara. Notably, she is one of the few non-tugboat characters to wear headgear.
- Gentle Giant: She is, by far, the largest ship in the series shown. She is also one of the nicest visitors of the Big Harbor.
- The High Queen: Her beauty and magnificence are always alluded to whenever she appears.
Oliver the VastAn ocean tug brought to the Big Harbor to take Owan out to the ocean, and the main antagonist of "Theodore and the Boat Bully".
- The Bully: He loves to pick on Theodore for no particular reason.
- Dirty Coward: Has no trouble bumping Theodore, but ran away when George showed up to protect him.
- Jerk Jock
- Nice Hat: His purple baseball cap, though he isn't nice at all.
- One-Shot Character: He has not been seen outside his debut episode.
- Reused Character Design: His model was later modified and used for Sigrid.
- Super Strength: He's even bigger and stronger than George.