Characters: Supernatural Vampires
Click here to go back to the main character page
open/close all folders
Vampires In Supernatural
"Most vampire lore is crap. A cross won't repel them, sunlight won't kill them, and neither will a stake to the heart. But the bloodlust, that part's true. They need fresh human blood to survive. They were once people, so you won't know it's a vampire until it's too late."
- Bloody Murder: Vampires are poisoned and temporarily paralyzed by dead man's blood.
- Daywalking Vampire
Dean: So they're really not afraid of the sun.
John: Direct sunlight hurts like a nasty sunburn. The only way to kill 'em is by beheading... and yeah, they sleep during the day. Doesn't mean they won't wake up.
- Fangs Are Evil: The vampires have numerous retractable pointed teeth that extend beyond their human teeth.
- Glowing Eyelights of Undeath: Vampires' eyes flash in the dark.
- The Nose Knows: They have highly developed senses of smell. Once a vampire has your scent they have it for life, but the scent can be blocked by saffron, skunk cabbage, and trillium.
- Not So Extinct: John explains in "Dead Man's Blood" that he never told his sons about vampires because he thought they were extinct. Justified Trope, since all it takes is one vampire to restart the race. Also, the Alpha Vampire has survived attempts on his life from the Winchesters, demons, angels, and leviathans.
- Older than They Look: In many instances.
- One True Love: Mate for life.
- Our Souls Are Different: They appear to have a soul and an afterlife in Purgatory.
- Removing the Head or Destroying the Brain: A stake to the heart will not kill vampires, they must be beheaded.
- Superhuman Transfusion: Drinking a vampire's blood transforms a human into a vampire.
Luther (Warren Christie)
"Revenge isn't worth much if you end up dead."
Appears in "Dead Man's Blood"
- Boom, Headshot: John shoots him with the Colt.
- Hemo Erotic: He "likes to watch" while Kate kisses and feeds blood to a woman.
- Older than They Look: Kate says he was born around the same time the Colt was made.
- One True Love: Kate is his mate.
- Technicolor Death: When shot by the Colt, a sigil appears on his forehead, his skeleton is apparent in an x-ray like manner, and then light flashes from his body.
- Was It Really Worth It?: Luther tells Kate she should not have killed Elkins, despite what Elkins did to his family, because it might reveal the presence of the vampire nest to other hunters.
Kate (Anne Openshaw).
"Boys, we're eating in tonight."
Appears in "Dead Man's Blood"
- Cycle of Revenge: Kate kills Elkins because he killed Luther's family. This prompts the Winchesters to kill the members of her nest.
- Kiss of the Vampire: Between Kate and the tied up woman.
- Neck Lift: Lifts Dean by the jaw.
- One True Love: Luther is her mate.
- The Vamp: Kate tries to seduce Dean.
Dean: Nah, I'll pass. I usually draw the line at necrophilia.
Kate: Oooh. (She backhands him, then grabs his face and lifts him into the air.)
Dean: (Grabbing her wrist) I don't usually get this friendly until the second date but...
Kate: You know we could have some fun. I always like to make new friends. (She lowers him to her level and kisses him, still holding his cheeks tightly while another vampire watches, smiling.)
"Turns out we weren't quite as high up the food chain as we imagined."
First appears in "Bloodlust"
- Vegetarian Vampire: Her nest feeds off of cattle instead of humans to avoid be killed by hunters. She forbids one of her vampires from killing Sam and resists the urge to drink blood when Gordon cuts Sam's arm over her face.
The first vampire sired by Eve, he is immensely old, and the progenitor of all the current vampires
, whom he considers his "children".
- Badass Boast: "When your kind first huddled around the fire, I was the thing in the dark. Now you think you can hurt me?"
- The Dreaded: The Winchesters haven't forgotten the fact that it took twelve hunters (most of whom died) to bring him in the last time, and treat the situation with the appropriate gravity.
- Enemy Mine: Gives the Winchesters his blood, which they need to kill the leviathans, and allows them to go free after he learns that the leviathans are trying to stomp out all other monsters, including his kind, to preserve their food supply.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: You just don't call Eve a whore in front of the Alpha Vamp and walk away from it. Edgar found this out the hard way. God knows what'd happen if the Alpha learned that Dean was the one who killed her...
- Evil Is One Big Happy Family: He thinks so. He even believed the leviathans would let other monsters in on their big plan to turn the human race into a burger franchise because they're all "family", related by Eve. He seemed genuinely upset when Edgar told him that they're actually trying to kill him and his children so they don't have to "share".
- Family Values Villain: Shows shades of this. Considers all vampires his children and even his snacks call him "Daddy".
Benny Lafitte (Ty Olsson)
“I know it’s hard to believe, but I haven’t always been this cute and cuddly.”
- Defector from Decadence: His old nest killed him when he started developing a conscience. When Benny comes back, he hunts them down and kills them all in revenge.
- Enemy Mine: How his partnership with Dean in Purgatory started out, but it ended up as Fire-Forged Friends.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In every sense of the word. Yeah part of it was because he knew he wasn't strong enough to deal with the temptations of the real world, but that doesn't lessen what he did for Sam and Dean
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: Naturally, Benny's a bit miffed that his creator had him held down and killed, and seemingly murdered his girlfriend.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: When he first meets Dean in Purgatory he makes no light of the fact that he's a vicious predator who only teams up with Dean for his own benefit. He becomes increasingly sympathetic in later episodes, until it eventually reaches the point where he's not even really a jerk, just kind of sarcastic.
- Love Redeems: Subverted in "Blood Brother". Benny fell in love with a woman he was supposed to kill and swapped to feeding off blood transfusions instead of living people. He later finds out that she was turned instead of killed by his creator like he thought. They still love each other, but she refuses to come with him and wants to keep running their nest's scam now that the others are dead. Dean kills her while a heartbroken Benny looks on, saying the woman he'd loved died a long time ago.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Benny is a zombified vampire who used to be a pirate. Plus he has a Louisana accent.
- Papa Wolf: To his cafe boss/granddaughter Elizabeth.
- Reformed, but Rejected: By almost everyone except for Dean. Eventually, even Sam accepts that he has reformed.
Celia (Ashley Crow)
You callin' my family weird? Oh, honey, you have no idea.
Appears in "Alex Annie Alexis Ann"
- Affably Evil: Acts kindly toward Alex, out of a combination of exploitation and genuine fondness.
- Blondes are Evil: Her golden hair stands in contrast to the darker locks of both Alex and Sheriff Mills.
- The Family That Slays Together: She leads a tight-knit adopted family of vampires who prey on victims together, with the help of their young blood slave.
- Mama Bear: She thinks of blood slave Alex as her own child, which was why she was reluctant to turn her and why she eventually does. (It's not permanent.)