Characters: Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad
Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad
Played by: Matthew Lawrence
The main protagonist of the series. Sam is the lead guitarist of a teen rock band called Team Samurai. In a freak accident with his personal computer, Sam gains the ability to transform into a cybernetic superhero Servo, a guardian tasked with saving the world from the evil digital menace Kilokhan.
Played by: Kevin Castro
Team Samurai's drummer and the school's best player on the football team. Tanker is eager for a good battle and a good meal. When not fighting, drumming, or eating, he longs to be with Sydney.
Sydney "Syd" Forrester/Borr
Played by: Robin Mary Florence
Keyboard player, vocals, and computer genius. The tomboyish Syd is constantly maintaining Servo's programs, keeping Sam in top form.
Played by: Troy Slaten
Bass player and a total space case.
Lucky London/Vitor II
Played by: Rembrant
Amp's replacement with a love for surfing.
The main villain of the show. Kilokhan is a rogue military artificial intelligence hell bent on ruling the world. He uses his powers to bring Malcolm's drawings to life as Mega Virus Monsters to wreck havoc on the digital world.
- Bad Ass Baritone: Tim Curry at his best, folks.
- Big Bad
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Kilokhan has come up with various creative but non-lethal punishments for Malcolm whenever one of his viruses is destroyed. These have ranged from hypnotizing Malcolm to confess that he's been cutting class and getting detention to zapping all of Malcolm's hair off.
- Creative Sterility: Despite his powers, he lacks the creative abilities to design and program viruses. Hence he needs Malcolm to design the viruses for him.
- Evil Laugh
- Evil Overlord: Of the digital world as he always proclaims.
- Non-Action Big Bad: He does nothing more than bark orders at Malcolm, bring monsters to life, and curse at Servo...right up until he personally engages Servo and shows just how lucky Team Samurai is that he's never tried to fight them personally before now.
- Verbal Tic: After an Evil Laugh, he will sometimes utter a phrase appropriate to the situation.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show
Played by: Glen Beaudin
A classmate from Sam's school. Malcolm is lonely kid who wears black and has artistic talent. When he and Kilokhan form an alliance, Malcolm uses Kilokhan's abilities to bring his monsters to life to make others miserable.
- Evil Is Petty: Much to Kilokhan's chagrin.
- The Rival: He competes for Sam's girlfriend Jennifer.
- Loners Are Freaks: He's often treated as such by the other characters, which gives him some basis for his bitterness.
- Mad Artist: He's not insane, but he's bitter, withdrawn and antisocial. He's also a very talented sketch artist.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: Less so than Kilokhan. It becomes horrific when you realize that any 21st century teen who exhibits the same kind of behavior as Malcolm does is not to be taken lightly.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Once Kilokhan has Team Samurai at his mercy, he no longer needs Malcolm.