A 19-year old lieutenant ranked pilot belonging to the EFF forces in North America. Raised with his parents, Agnes grew up in the facility and treats them all as his family. He’s a serious and gentle character but shows his strength and determination when the lives of others are in danger. Agnes also values the lives of others more than anything and will do everything he can to protect those around him, even if it means standing up against much stronger foes. He pilots the Riot B, a customized unit used in close combat and later obtains the Orphes.
- BFS: The Riot B's Proton Saber (Maximum Output) and the Odyssea's sword during the End of Rebirth attack.
- Badass: Ascends into a badass ninja after obtaining the Orphes.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Dude Looks Likea Lady: in arc 3 Agnes was given a face portrait that makes him look like a woman.
- Expy: Of Luke von Fabre, due to the stance of the Riot B's Proton Saber (Maximum Output).
- Orphes and Odyssea, on the other hand, is one to Hissatsu series, a Japanese Jidai Geki title, where assassins use a variety of weapons to kill criminals. Lots of Agnes's combat lines are also taken from that series; and don't even mention the BGM used during End of Rebirth.
- Fan Nickname: "Annie", this is terrible because he's a man. And it's not even like with Alto being Princess and Mikhail being Michel which are InSeriesNicknames. Annie is the result of people knowing Annie and Arnie are written and spelled the same in Japanese. Other one is "Agni" when people deemed Annie too girl name.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: You can name him what you want, nobody will ever say his name with voice in battle or event.
- In-Series Nickname: "Arnie/Ernie"
- Katanas Are Just Better: Odyssea wields a glowing energy katana during End of Rebirth attack.
- Leitmotif: "Fighting Spirit to The Future", "To Awaken is the Will of Man" and "The Howling Deathblow"
- Mid-Season Upgrade: He gets two in the form of the Orphes and the overpowered Odyssea.
- Naïve Newcomer: When he first meets Richard and Saya they act like a bunch of comedians to fool him, and not long after he finds out they're the UX, but he still believes they're capable of living as actors/comedians (comic story tellers) rather than mercenaries.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Played with; The Riot A is red while the Riot B is blue. However, Jin has the calm blue eyes whereas Agnes has the red eyes.
- Spell My Name Withan S: Arnie or Annie? Well he is a male...
- Super Prototype: The Riot B (along with the Riot A) are the basis for the mass-produced Riot Cs.
- The Orphes, and later the more overpowered Odyssea is equipped with the powerful Lepton Vector Engine.
- Vocal Evolution: Invoked purposefully, with his voice becoming significantly deeper by Act 3.
Noval Dilan (Voiced by Yukana)
Ayul Dilan (Voiced by Ai Nonaka)
Saya Krueger (Voiced by Ai Kobayashi)
Saya is an 18 year old mercenary working with the organization called Unknown Strikers. she’s a pro among pros that never lets her emotions interfere with any given mission, often sent on undercover missions but her weakness is not being able to express non-combat related feelings. She pilots the support fighter Lyrath, which is equipped with the Lepton Vector Engine.
- Ace Custom: Lyrath.
- Artificial Human: Saya is an artificial life-form created to control both Orphes and Lyrath' "Particle Acceleration Reactor".
- Leitmotif: "The Radiance of Life"
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Due to her father wanting to make sure nobody finds out they're UX when doing undercover missions, she acts like a foreigner who speaks bad English and a comedy gag to make sure they aren't found suspicious by being so serious.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Serious in battle yet cannot convey her personal feelings properly.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: At one point, She mentions she's a failure since she's incapable of fully controlling it which resulted Richard and even Agnes's life depletion. Seeing her in pain, Agnes still comforts her that "it's alright".
Richard Krueger (Voiced by Jurota Kosugi)
Saya's father and also a member of the Unknown Strikers Mercenary group. Considered as a patriot in the battlefield, Richard does countless unrecognized jobs for his country that cannot be seen by the public. He pilots the mysterious unit Orphes, a close combat unit equipped with the Lepton Vector Engine.
- Ace Custom: Orphes
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: The Hell Stringer Technique is basically a combination attack with the Lyrath that uses the Lepton Vector Engine. He uses it to bent the space & time, so he could survive. His body was already screwed up by then and that use pretty much was the final nail.
- Forbidden Chekhov's Gun: The Orphes' Lepton Vector Engine which is a portable "Particle Acceleration Reactor". Basically what it can do is bypass space and time but the problem is that it damages human organs through continuous use. Think of it kinda like a semi-time machine but the pilot's getting microwaved.
- Game-Breaking Injury: During Scenario 10, Richard gets hospitalized because he took damage when being out in the field to defend the ship. The ships took damage to the departure hatches and robots as well got hit by the Magnetic storms, and he was probably one of the only ones that could sortie.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Richard sacrifices himself during the Mazinkaiser SKL finale, in the stead of Kaidou and Magami who would most likely have survived like in the OVA.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: He considers himself to be good-for-nothing and can be rather hard on himself, one such example is how he would accept a meal only after completing a mission which he considers worthy.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He takes up a foreigner act and starts talking mixture of easy words from languages to pretend he's not a serious mercenary when he's on cover missions with Saya, Agnes is completely fooled by this and thinks they are comedians (comic story tellers).
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Apparently, Richard came from the past 200 years back part of the victim of the "Odeusight" test which transferred him not in the present era but in the 30 years future (the Future where he meets Katou Kikan [Linebarrel]) and Prof. Noval again and she gave her Orphes and Lyrath plus Saya which while using "Lepton Vectra" brought them to the present era. And so since he saw the outcome of the future (which apparently the world ends from what Katou Kikan mentions), Richard was trying to change the future.