Characters: Step City
"There is no good or evil, there is only groove"
— The original tagline
This is the Characters-Trope page for Step City; for general RP tropes pertaining to Step City, and more information the roleplay, please check there.When adding a character to the list, please make sure to add them alphabetically (minus the Faction Head, which is at the top of each folder). I guess by first name.
- Absolute Cleavage - Especially in her iconic lavender suit
- The Don
- The Dragon - to James before she became the Don.
- Gravity Master
- Knuckle Tattoos - "LOVE" and "SOUL".
- The Mole - in the UG spying for the Mafia, in the early days of factions.
- Necessarily Evil - At times.
- Punch Clock Villain - In a way. She is perfectly amicable with other factions when she hangs out at neutral bars in the evenings.
- Shout-Out: With her knuckle tats and peace sign pendant, "Love, Peace, and Soul"
- The Starscream - during her time as The Dragon under James
James CornellThe former leader of the Funk Mafia
- Demonic Possession - He had the ability to possess people with his ghostly powers
- Glorious Leader - Highly charismatic and had a good reputation from leading La Résistance with Greg Dorian. Not so great at leading the faction post-revolution, though.
- Intangible Man - Vibe allowed him to do this, among other things
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous - He was able to generate a number of ghostly arms.
- Posthumous Character- Died in the War of '99 a year prior to the RP beginning
- Deadpan Snarker: Snarksnarksnark.
- Grumpy Old Man: Goes hand-in-hand with Screw Politeness Im A Senior.
- Screw Politeness Im A Senior: Swears like a sailor and takes shit from no one.
- Our Vampires Are Different: In relation to Remi's Vibe Abilities; he's able to drain other people's vibes. The nickname "Vibe Vampire" and "Vibepire" have been coined.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Remi is at least thirteen years older than either of his best friends, and more with everyone else he interacts with regularly. The lack of people around that are his age means that the only friendships he can form are Intergenerational Friendships.
- Freudian Trio: Known Out of Character as "Old Mafia". Rémi is the Id, whereas his two best friends, Harold and Phoenix, are the Super Ego and the Ego respectively. Originally a strained friendship between an Id and a Super Ego, Phoenix's entrance greatly strengthened the friendship. Phoenix's death has hit them hard.
- Ascended Meme: "Old Mafia", originally an Out of Character Term to denote the Remi-Phoenix-Brown friendship, is now apparently used in-universe. As first used by Sweet, member of the UG.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Type 2 with Harold (The Snark and Sass Dynamic; Remi provides the snark, Harold provides the sass); they are known Out of Character as "Grump Mafia".
- Older Sidekick: Harold is the badass, and Remi is Harold's moody, grumpy (and ultimately useless) older sidekick. See "Grump Mafia".
- Unwanted Glasses Plot: A literal, extremely hungover quest to have Remi properly fitted with the reading glasses he desperately needed.
- Eye Colour Change: His eyes change from brown to purple when he uses his vibe-mimicking or leeching powers.
- Glowing Eyes: His eyes glow purple once he's obtained a full mimic.
- Messy Hair: Goes hand in hand with Not A Morning Person; he is Wolverine in the morning. Even after fighting it back with a comb, it never stays 100% tidy-there's always a few hairs sticking up funny. One touch and it's usually a mess again.
- Not a Morning Person: His first two hours of wakefulness are usually spent sleepwalking, and trying to fight his hair, as well as applying toothpaste to things other than toothbrushes.
- Idiot Hair: He usually has a perpetual strand of hair that sticks up from the back. Does not actually denote intelligence. May be a personification of his mischievous streak. Probably just connected to Messy Hair.
- Be My Valentine
- The Dragon: For Don Bonita.
- Antiquated Linguistics: He ain't keen on yer crummy newfangled posh speak, see?
- Tuxedo and Martini: Yes he's quite the Handsome Devil
- Lightning Can Do Anything: However, the whole magic dancing thing helps explain a lot.
- Villainous Breakdown: Though he tries to be cool and collected on the job, when Frankie gets riled up, it can lead to No-Holds-Barred Beatdown, Cold-Blooded Torture, and Just FINISH HIM Already
- Tsundere: It's not like I care if you hate my guts or anything. Jeezus.
- The Irish Mob: The Funk Mafia is certainly not the first criminal organization he's belonged to. On that note... He Is Not His Father. So quit callin' him Frank goddamit.
- Gayngster & Armoured Closet Bi
- Fool for Love: He's got a heart under all that anger, and if you knew how he got where he is today, you might have a bit of Sympathy for the Devil.
- Replacement Goldfish: Before the war, Frankie was in a steady relationship, didn't drink, touch drugs, or do that thing with wires...
- Add them.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer - He was a pretty good doctor to begin with, but when he got healing vibe he became one of the best out there. And also the most outrageously dressed doctor out there.
- Camp Gay - So much it hurts.
- Cast from Lifespan: Very few are aware of this. The former UG boss kept him on a short leash to prevent him from expending too much of his life.
- Healing Factor: Although he cannot heal from Vendies as almost every other citizen of Step City could, he is naturally capable of healing wounds over time.
- Extreme Omnisexual
- Healing Hands
- Heroic Sacrifice: Attempted to resurrect Greg Dorian. Failed.
- No Sense of Personal Space
- Older Than They Look: His vibe keeps him so healthy that he has mostly stopped aging since V-Day. Whenever his vibe is running low or otherwise becomes nullified, his body begins to fail as it would with extreme age.
- Replacement Goldfish: Although he was highly sexual before, he really didn't start sleeping around excessively or flirting with Steven until after Greg's death.
- Survivor Guilt - Suffered a few months of severe depression after the War. His loyalty to the faction kept him from becoming a Death Seeker. (See Miles to Go Before I Sleep)
- An Ice Person - Obviously. Not only can he manipulate snow and ice, but he's incredibly cold to the touch. No ice puns though. Or else.
- Meaningful Name - Yuki means snow. It's a nickname, but he much prefers it to his legal name "Peter", for obvious reasons.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side - Since he was mostly raised by a group of very feminine belly dancers, he adopted a lot of their mannerisms and isn't afraid to dress flamboyantly or wear make-up.
- Even the Guys Want Him - Related to the above.
- Attention Whore - Look at this guy. Just look at him.
- Parental Abandonment - Probably the root of a lot of his problems, but his parents gave him up when he was an infant and his foster families didn't keep him around long enough to develop a relationship either.
- Too Dumb to Live - Subverted in the sense that he hasn't died yet, but he tends to almost gleefully put himself in harm's way, from chasing Mafia members right into their own territory and continually taunting people who could potentially kill him, to always wanting to touch things that he shouldn't be.
- High-Class Call Girl - Yuki's career from his late teens to mid 20's.
- Must Have Nicotine - Goggle Z is a smoking addict and is always seen with a cigarette in her mouth
- Super Smoke - Her powers are heavily air/smoke based. She frequently has stray smoke coming off of her body
- Goggles Do Nothing - Purely for aesthetic look. She wears a pair of orange goggles all the time and wears them on top of her head when she is 'off duty'.
- Blow You Away - She has air manipulation powers
- Never Bring a Knife to a Fist Fight - A favored weapon of choice besides her dance style is her fists. Goggle Z wears metal plated gloves and uses them in street brawls similar to brass knuckles.
- Lady Drunk - Yep, she's a very heavy drinker.
- Real Women Never Wear Dresses - Even in formal attire, Goggle Z prefers pants.
- Toon: Becomes a living animated character by absorbing peppy beats.
- Alternate Universe - Not many people realize they exist. He visits them periodically and makes friends in each. Who knows which one he's from originally.
Name and App LinkShort description.
- Tropes plus trope summary.