Scribblenauts has quite a large cast of characters to summon. Now let's write, "T-V T-R-O-P-E-S C-H-A-R-A-C-T-E-R P-A-G-E".
open/close all folders
MaxwellThe hero of the series. A young boy with a magic notebook, he joined the Scribblenauts organization so he could become a Scribblenaut. This sends him around the world on a quest around the world to gather the "Starites", special stars created by fulfilling his missions.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Unlike the astronauts of the series, he is perfectly fine when traveling to other planets, and does not need any special equipment.
- Character Development: Unmasked shows that he learned his lesson from Unlimited (storywise at least, there's probably nothing stopping the player from being a jackass).
- Child Soldiers: He has been sent to war several times.
- Instant Expert: After spawning an object, he instantly becomes a master of using it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Maxwell doesn't get much in terms of characterization, but the plot of Scribblenauts Unlimited is kicked off when he plays a trick on a hungry beggar and conjures him a rotten apple, and he's trying to make amends.
- Kid Hero
- Mad Scientist: In one level, he decides to make a zombie out of random body parts.
- Master of Disguise: He has a variety of disguises, using both avatars and items.
- Nice Hat: His rooster helmet, which was given out as a pre-order bonus. In Unlimited, it's revealed that his entire family wears one of their own.
- Noodle Implements: Write ANYTHING.
- Reality Warper: Thanks to his magical notebook, he has godlike power.
- Took a Level in Badass: In the second game, he gained the power to use adjectives, becoming even stronger than before. He also got numerous other abilities, such as unlimited ammo.
DoppelgangerMaxwell's evil twin, who also wields a Scribblenaut notebook. Rather than using it to help people like Maxwell, he uses it to cause chaos and destruction.
- Ascended Extra: From one-off appearance to Final Boss in the first two games...
- Big Bad
- Dropped a Bridge on Him
- Evil Twin
- Final Boss: Of Super Scribblenauts.
- Happily Adopted: It is revealed in the Unmasked spin off comic he was adopted by Maxwell's parents and even gets his own name: Alexander, after Alexander the Great.
- The Heavy: In Scribblenauts Unmasked.
- Heel-Face Turn: At the end of Scribblenauts Unmasked.
- Killed Off for Real: At the end of Super Scribblenauts. Maxwell can't even use potions to bring him back. He's summonable in Unlimited, however. In addition, he returns as an antagonist in Unmasked. This potentially indicates that Super Scribblenauts takes place after Unmasked, granted that Doppelganger's Heel-Face Turn didn't stick.
- Palette Swap: Of Maxwell.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Averted. Of all the possible synonyms for summoning him, typing this in just spawns a cartridge.
- Slasher Smile
- Weak, but Skilled: In Scribblenauts Unmasked, he said that his powers are relatively limited, his notebook being only limited to the single page that Maxwell created him from. He still poses quite a legitimate threat though.
LilyMaxwell's twin sister who appears in Scribblenauts Unlimited.
- Aesop Collateral Damage: Gets turned to stone as a punishment for Maxwell giving the old man a rotten apple.
- Distaff Counterpart: Of Maxwell
- Fangirl: Appears to be one for Batman, as she's asking for his autograph in Scribblenauts Unmasked.
- Narrator: In Scribblenauts Unlimited, she is explaining the story of Maxwell.
- Taken for Granite: She gets turned to stone in Scribblenauts Unlimited, so Maxwell needs to use the starites to heal her.
- The Smurfette Principle: Out of the 42 children Edgar and Julie had, she's the only girl.
5th Cell Members
Jeremiah SlaczkaThe president of 5th Cell.
- Creator Cameo
- Distressed Dude: He gets kidnapped by Llewxam in Super Scribblenauts.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him]]: He was in Llewxam's spaceship when it exploded.
- Happily Married: With his wife, Kari.
AkioA small samurai who helped make the game.
Gods and Deities
GodGod from the Christian Faith. He's generally a nice guy.
- Badass Beard
- God Is Good: He will defend Maxwell and is quite friendly when he isn't provoked.
- Grandpa God
- Shock and Awe: He has lightning powers which he uses on enemies.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ambrosia.
ThorA lightning god from the Norse Pantheon.
OdinThe leader of the Norse Pantheon.
DeathThe Grim Reaper himself. His sole desire is to kill everything. Also one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- The Grim Reaper
- Omnicidal Maniac: He can and will kill everything.
- One-Hit Kill: In Super Scribblenauts, his touch will kill everything, even if it's invincible.
- Sinister Scythe: In Scribblenauts, this is his main weapon.
- Took a Level in Badass: In Super Scribblenauts, he went from a strong scythe wielder to someone who could kill anything just by touching it.
- Touch of Death: In Super Scribblenauts.
WarOne of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
FamineOne of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
PestilenceOne of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.Eldritch Abomination from the Cthulhu Mythos, he attacks everything in sight.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: He can be killed, sadly.
- Did You Just Have Tea With Cthulhu: If made tame, he'll be friendly towards you.
- Did You Just Romance Cthulhu?: Posssible in Super by making Cthulhu and another character of the opposite gender have have the "romantic" adjective. D'aww
- Eldritch Abomination: Given. After all, he Is Cthulhu.
- Villain Decay: One of the trailers for Unlimited shows him being dressed as a clown for a party.