Characters: Queens Blade Grimoire Characters
Artist: Kurehito Misaki
Alicia is a swordsman that fell down the rabbit hole and found herself in Mel Fair Land. She enters the Queen's Blade tournament in hopes of returning to her dimension.
- Alice Allusion
- Anti-Hero: Unlike Leina, Annelotte and Alice, she's very arrogant and snobbish. Justified, since she's from another world and she doesn't understands Melfareland's customs.
- Arrogant Kung Fu Girl: She treats everyone with disdain and is very confident in her own skills despite not being from that word.
- The Cape
- Castinga Shadow: She's capable of manipulating the power of darkness to create a doppleganger.
- Expy: She's a composite expy of Leina with the Disney's version of Alice, except sexier.
- She's also an expy from a witch her author created beforehand for a H-doujin.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Just like her namesake, she's not from Melfareland and she wants to return to her world, albeit it's never explained from which world she cames from.
- The Heroine
- Jerkass: She abuses the citizens around her because she looks down on them. This might also come from the fact that Mel Fair Land it too peaceful to her liking and she stirs things up because the citizens are all weak.
- Meaningful Name: Alicia is the Spanish rendition of the English name Alice, the same one used by the heroine from Queen's Gate.
- Named Weapons: Her rapier, Liddell. Also serves as a Shout-Out to Alice Liddell, the main inspiration for Alice in Wonderland.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Treats the people from Melfareland like crap, since she thinks they're doing stupid things.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A
Zara is a demon huntress who survived being eaten by a wolf that is now her companion after defeating it. Not much is known about her past but she enters the Queen's Blade tournament upon hearing that Seiten is participating.
Tiina is the youngest daughter of the Seabed Kingdom. She makes a pact with Seiten in order to be able to walk on land and find a man.
Magic Clothing Sword Princess
Kaguya is the self proclaimed human that came from the moon. She was adopted by an old couple and spoiled rotten. She enters the Queen's Blade tournament because she's interested in the item known as Queen's Blade and given that she is a collector, chances are that her goal is just to obtain another rare treasure.
- The Collector: She likes to collecting treasures, a Mythology Gag about the original tale she's based of, and she wants the Queen's Blade sword for herself.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Hair Decorations: Her hairclips looks like rabbit ears, a reference of the Japanese legend of the rabbit who pounds mochi in the moon.
- Laser Blade: She uses a laser nodachi.
- Science Fantasy: Her entire character design is based on this. You have the Queen's Blade universe which is a fantasy setting yet Kaguya's weapons are high technical but the science fiction feel comes from her fairy tale counterpart in Tales of the Bamboo Cutter in which science elements are used in a fantasy setting.
- Spoiled Brat
- Woman Child: She's described as not being a manipulative person. She's more childish and given she was spoiled by the people who adopted her, she ends up acting younger than what her age is.
- Wutai: Except this time, the Wutai of this continuity is the Moon.
- Moon Rabbit: Well, she's technically human as far we know, but judging her background, her looks and her original tale she's based of, she gives the vibe of being one.
The Golden Battle Axe
Goldie is a kind girl that lived her life in solitude for the most part of her life. Her life was peaceful and easy until the Lady of the Lake approached her and gave her the golden axe. She then decided to discard the easy life and become a ranger to protect nature and enters the Queen's Blade to do so.
- An Axe to Grind
- The Beastmaster: She is said to be able to tame any animal but its difficult on female animals. Her tactic to make her job easier is to pour honey on herself.
- Expy: From Menace, being from the same character designer. Personality-wise, of both Leina (despise not being the heroine) and Nowa.
- She can be one to Cattleya, since she has bigger proportions than the rest of the girls.
- Fiery Redhead
- Friend to All Living Things
- Going Commando
- Meaningful Name: She's a Western, female version of the Japanese legend of Kintaro, The Golden Boynote , hence her English name and her clothes.
- Ms. Fanservice: Compared to the other girls introduced so far when one looks at her combat book.
- Nice Girl
- Only One Name: Averted. Her full name is Goldie Carter, as she's a member of the Carter family.
- Race Lift: Despise being based in a Japanese legend, she's looks Western instead, and she has more ties with some aspects from the Arthurian lore instead
- Underwear of Power: Being based in Kintaro, this is mandatory.
- Wrestler in All of Us: She can use Sumo Wrestling moves in her melee attacks, possibly as a nod towards her original legend and country.
The Witch Slayer Confectioner
Gretel is a kind girl that defeated the man eating witch in her area obtaining her powers in being able to use the power of sweets. She uses this to become a confectioner, but upon hearing that Mel Fair Land was in danger, she decided to participate in the tournament to save the day. Unfortunately when she defeated the witch, she gained a split personality called Hansel and makes things more difficult for Gretel to say the least.
- All Work vs All Play: Gretel is the All Work and Hansel is All Play. Ironically their likes and dislikes imply that they cannot get along.
- Ambiguous Gender: Hansel apparently seems to identify as a male (using male pronouns and referring to himself as "I'm your guy" plus the fascination with woman and the dislike toward men) despite the fact the prologue describes her a female. Given that Hansel shares Gretel's body and is a split personality one could say Gretel is a Hermaphrodite but at the moment, it is unclear how Hansel identified with his/herself.
- Ambiguously Lesbian: Gretel does not seemed surprised at the situation before her if Hansel had sex with the female fighter. Given this is Queen's Blade, its not really ambiguous.
- Ambiguous Situation: When Hansel takes over Gretel in the prologue, the reader is left to assume that either a battle took place or Hansel had sex with the female warrior. Given that Hansel loves fighting and the desire for pleasure from female fighters, both are not out of Hansel's character.
- Badass Adorable
- Bewarethe Nice Ones: Its not Gretel that anyone should be fearing. Its Hansel who is more likely to screw you over when she leasts expects it.
- Blood Knight: Hansel loves fighting female fighters.
- Costume Porn: Gretel's entire outfit is made out of candy (or looks like it anyway).
- Dark and Troubled Past: Despite being all smiles, Gretel has lived a difficult life and it manifested infested into a split personality after slaying the man eating witch. Even if she's a good warrior, she cannot predict or stop Hansel when Hansel takes over her body.
- Does Not Like Men: Hansel is stated to not like serious men. This could be either because its counterproductive to Hansel's hedonist nature or because Hansel is a male personality.
- Food Porn: All the sweets Gretel makes is said to be delicious. Then again it is her occupation and her powers.
- The Hedonist: Hansel's profile specifically states she is as such.
- Impossibly Cool Weapon: She made her lollipop weapon by herself. What type of the weapon the lollipop is yet to be seen (but seems to lean toward a sword).
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Hansel's main like beside fighting is the love of women. While Gretel wants to save Mel Fair Land, Hansel finds it as an excuse to meet powerful and beautiful woman to fight in more than one way.
- Nice Girl: Gretel is so far one of the few characters who honestly wants to save Mel Fair Land without any other motivation backing her up (as other characters would want to go home, prove themselves in the tournament or are interested in the prize rather than saving the world).
- Sexier Alter Ego: While Gretel isn't a slouch herself, Hansel is described as gorgeous in comparison to Gretel.
- Split Personality: Hansel.
- Stripperiffic: As Hansel she drops her candy armor for a leather bikini.
- Super-Powered Alter Ego: While Gretel is good at battle, Hansel in comparison seems to be stronger than her being able to amplify the strength she already has and dominate the opponent given Hansel has no problem not holding back.
- Supreme Chef
- Technical Pacifist: Gretel refuses to battle the female warrior immediately because she considers fighting barbaric. Hansel ends up taking over as a result.
- You Gotta Have Dark Green Hair: Hansel.
The Demon Monkey Necromancer
Artist: Aoi Nagisa
The Winter Demon's right hand
. She seems to be involved with many of the stuff that surrounds to many of the characters so far...
- Blood Knight: She loves to have a good fight among everything else.
- The Dragon: For The Winter Demon.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despise she calls herself evil, she doesn't like to fight against the weak, as she enjoys to have a good fight against stronger opponents.
- Expy: Based in Sun Wukong (Son Goku in Japanese) from the Chinese classic Journey to the West, not to mention she is, background-wise, very similar to another character inspired in the same classic, except evil.
- In terms of personality, she shares some points with Melona, being the Bigger Bad's right hand (at least the only one showed so far) and loving to mess with their opponents in many ways, except Seiten is not as insane like Melona is.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means Equal of Heaven in Japanese, who is also the transliteration from Chinese of one of the many Sun Wukong's names he holds in the original Chinese classic. In Chinese, her name is normally transliterated as Qítiān Dàshèng.note
- The Necromancer
- Simple Staff: Just like her counterpart, she uses a Nyoi-Bo.