Characters: My Little Pony 'n Friends
My Little Pony
open/close all folders
My Little Pony Human Characters
Voiced by: Bettina Bush
The primary series protagonist, having been in the role in both of the My Little Pony TV Specials
and My Little Pony The Movie
before making the trip here. A farmgirl who was accidentally recruited by an overeager pegasus named Firefly to fight the monstrous Tirek, she regularly returns to Pony Land to help her equine friends.
- Adaptational Badass: Her toy version just seems to be a cute girl in a dress.
- Badass Normal: She fights a dragon off, empty handed, in her initial appearance, and negotiates with a troll for her life while hanging over a cliff.
- Combat Pragmatist: She kind of has to be, given her opposition and Badass Normal status. Tricking a giant crab into losing his balance, blinding the nigh-omnipotent Lavan for a few precious seconds by dropping a drape on his head...
- Deadpan Snarker: Briefly, though you'd probably snark too if a pink pegasus picked you out of the blue and treated you like The Chosen One just because you said you could ride horses.
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: Has a huge pink hair ribbon.
- Farm Girl: She lives at a ranch.
- Girliness Upgrade: Sort of. Compared to the pilot she's more feminine and motherly, also the leader of the group. Her appearance is the major change, as it changed from reasonable clothes and colors, to frilly clothes and bright colors.
- The Hero
- Ideal Heroine
- Nerves of Steel: Despite all the crazy situations she ends up in, she always keeps a level head. One moment that stands out is when Queen Bumble's army has her at stinger point and she doesn't so much as bat an eye.
- Plucky Girl
- Rapunzel Hair
- Team Mom: Maybe it's just because she's the only one around most of the time who has thumbs...
- Token Human
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Molly's Moe girly girl
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- True Blue Femininity: Her overalls are blue.
Voiced by: Keri Houlihan
Megan's little sister and the youngest of the farmkids. Due to their similar age, she gets on best with the Baby Ponies (and, to a lesser extent, the more childish adult ponies).
Megan's brother, the middle child of the family.
My Little Pony Ponies
Magic Star, Earth Pony
Voiced by: Jeannie Elias (series) and Ellen Gerstell (movie)
First appearing in the movie, Magic Star is the unquestioned leader of the Dream Valley ponies.
- The Ace: There are Loads and Loads of Characters, but there's very little question as to who their de-facto leader is.
- Badass Normal: And this is why.
- Only Sane Pony: Yes. Right alongside Galaxy and Wind Whistler, she gets the long suffering position of being one of the more sensible ponies who has to keep the others in line and keep them from getting themselves killed.
- Team Mom: When Megan isn't around.
Fizzy, Twinkle-Eye Unicorn
Wind Whistler, Pegasus
Voiced by: Sarah Partridge
The smartest and most logic-driven of the ponies, her intelligence is useful, but she has problems with alienating her more emotion-driven friends.
A maternal and caring pony who takes it upon herself to look after the various Baby Ponies.
Shady, Earth Pony
Voiced by: Jill Wayne
Heart Throb, Pegasus
An unabashed romantic who dreams of finding herself a "Prince Charming" to be with some day.
A fun-loving, mischievous pegasus who is constantly running/flying around all over the place. She enjoys making others laugh, playing games, and especially
likes playing tricks or otherwise surprising people.
Voiced by: Nancy Cartwright
Voiced by: Susan Blu (series) and Sheryl Bernstein (movie)
Galaxy, Twinkle-Eye Unicorn
Voiced by: Sherry Lynn
Voiced by: Susan Blu
A book-loving pegasus who particularly enjoys telling stories to the other ponies, adults and babies alike.
- Badass Bookworm
- The Ditz: While nowhere near as obvious about it as Fizzy is, she could give her a run for her money any day of the week.
- The Storyteller
- Wrong Genre Savvy: While in a land of unicorns, dragons, elves, dwarves, and such, she wishes life were a little more like storybooks. Um...
Posey, Earth Pony
A shy and retiring pony who loves to garden.
Lickety-Split, Earth Pony
The Flutter Ponies
Voiced by: Nancy Cartwright (Rosedust, Honeysuckle and Forget-Me-Not) and Russi Taylor (Morning Clory and Peach Blossom)
A group of small, butterfly-winged fairy-ponies who wield powerful magic of their own. Though seperate to the pony society and living in their own hidden village, they are often sought out for help against powerful hostile magic.
The Baby Sea Ponies
Voiced by: Nancy Cartwright
(Ripple, Sealight), Katie Leigh
(Sea Shimmer, Sun Shower), Russi Taylor (Surf Rider) and Sherry Lynn (Water Lily)
A group of infant sea ponies who have been left under the care of the ponies of Dream Valley.
- Scatting: Shoo-bee-doo, shoo-shoo-bee-doo, shoo-bee-doo, shoo-shoo-bee-doo!
- Stout Strength: They're small and kind of pudgy, but they're a lot stronger than you'd expect.
My Little Pony Villains
Reeka voiced by: Jennifer Darling (series) and Rhea Perlman (movie)
Draggle voiced by: Jennifer Darling (series) and Madeline Kahn (movie)
The Witches of the Volcano of Gloom
Three Evil Witches who dwells in a nearby volcano, the matriarch Hydia hates the ponies and wants to drive them from the valley, but to her exasperation the only help she has are her less-than-competent daughters, Reeka and Draggle. First appearing in The Movie
, they attempt to drown the valley in a grotesque Blob Monster
called the Smooze, and afterwards continue to bedevil the ponies.
Voiced by: Unknown
A bloated, arrogant, narcissistic bee queen whose greed leads her to conquer the homeland of the Flutter Ponies in the first story arc, with the aid of the Witches of the Volcano of Gloom.
A vain and somewhat scatterbrained porcine sorceress who inadvertently threatens Dream Valley when she uses her magic mirror to begin transforming everything
into glass so that she can have more mirrored surfaces to admire herself in. Repents when she realises she's actually hurting people and changes everything back.
A band of malevolent plant entities who escape from their subterranean prison during the episode "The Fugitive Flowers". In their dormant state, they look like cute, pretty flowers, but they can suck the life out of the ground, killing everything else planted there to grow into hulking monsters. They manipulate Posey and the other ponies into protecting them against their captors, the Crabnasties, and then devour Posey's garden to go on a rampage. Finally, they get imprisoned again.
An Evil Sorcerer
ram who rules as an unmitigated tyrant over the Brigadoon
city of Tambelon.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: His minions are actually pretty competent, and the ponies are completely helpless against his power for most of the serial.
- Control Freak: Implied. He controls his minions so closely that he makes not taking part in his victory celebration punishable by being banished to another dimension.
- Dimension Lord
- Evil Overlord
- Oh, Crap: When he hears the bell that is his Kryptonite Factor being rung.
- Villainous Breakdown: When the heroes escape at the end, he goes berserk and starts firing lightning at the heroes with intent to kill instead of his capture beams.
Voiced by: Unknown
Zeb & Arabus
Voiced by: Unknown (Arabus) & Roger C. Carmel (Zeb)
A penguin who has the magical ability to launch freezing Eye Beams
. Disdaining any being who cannot survive the cold like his penguins can, he attempts to freeze the entire valley to drive away or exterminate anyone who cannot withstand the Endless Winter
, granting his people superiority over all.
Crunch the Rock Dog
A monstrous canine earth elemental that despises anything "soft", he goes on a rampage seeking to petrify the entirety of Dream Valley.
Lavan the Magma Demon
Voiced by: Unknown (possibly Frank Welker)
My Little Pony Others
An infant dragon who was originally a prisoner of Tirek. Even after Megan defeated the monster and his friend Scorpan returned to his own kingdom, he chose to stay with the poneis in Dream Land.
Voiced by: Alice Payten, Sheryl Bernstein, Nancy Cartwright, Russi Taylor, Charlie Adler and Frank Welker
Round fluffy creatures who roam the valley in large packs. Friendly by nature, they're amongst the ponies' recurring allies.
Queen Bumble's original chief warrior and defender, he objected to her conquest of Flutter Valley and eventually turned against her, defecting to join the ponies.
Glow Friends Characters
The Sleep Creeps
Potato Head Kids
Potato Head Kids Characters
Mr. Potato Head
Mrs. Potato Head