YMMV: My Little Pony 'n Friends
My Little Pony
- Alternate Character Interpretation: In-Universe examples include several characters are different from their toy and UK canon counterparts. Most noticeable is Wind Whistler being The Spock in the cartoon but The Ditz everywhere else.
- Ear Worm: Though many songs can go from terrible to decent depending on the episode, when you find a good one they tend to hit hard.
- Imagine You Were Friends
- "Oh, For a Rainy Day."
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Wind Whistler and Fizzy.
- To a lesser extent, Grogar and Surprise alongside the Friendship Is Magic crowd.
- Fanon Discontinuity: Many fans disregard the last few episodes of the series. Not because they were particularly bad as such, but rather dropping most of the main cast to market the baby ponies. The show ends without any finality regardless, but most choose to believe the series ends with the Golden Horseshoes. Being the last multi-part adventure story, the last episode to feature the core cast of characters' it's seen as a last hurrah for the show.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Wind Whistler and Fizzy have always been pretty popular.
- Genius Bonus: In "The Great Rainbow Caper", Danny and Surprise get kidnapped by the Gizmonks, and proceed to destroy their lab from the inside. When they escape from it, they do so by getting inside a giant wooden horse. Sounds familiar?
- Harsher in Hindsight: The episode "Bright Lights" features a pop star who is an homage to Michael Jackson, and his manager steals fillies' shadows as Applied Phlebotinum. Several years after the episode was produced, Michael Jackson himself began to face accusations of taking indecent liberties with children.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: See here.
- Moe: Molly, Fizzy, Sweet Stuff.
- Most Wonderful Sound: The noise the ponies' hooves make when they walk.
- Narm Charm: The cartoon's shoddy animation, amusing goofs, some silly voices, and occasional broken aesops all make the show a hilarious watch. But the D and D inspired setting, creepy villains, and some downright badass moments courtesy of the ponies makes the show awesome when it isn't silly.
- One-Scene Wonder: In Mish Mash Melee, we get a personality-swapped Wind Whistler and Fizzy for a few glorious minutes.
- Periphery Demographic: It's not uncommon especially after Friendship is Magic caught on to hear of male fans of this show. For many boys in the 80s and 90s, this was their first fantasy adventure cartoon.
- The Scrappy: With exceptions, most fans loathe Molly and Danny. Shady can also fall into this.
- Wangst: If you didn't feel that Shady's insecurities were warranted, then you saw her this way.
- The Woobie: Shady, if you didn't view her as The Scrappy.
- What an Idiot: For all the trouble the Moligans go to ensnare the Glo Friends, it never once dawns on them just to use more mundane lamps, which can fueled with candles and oil.
- Glo Bug attacking the Red Ant Army by himself and promptly getting himself and his team captured and enslaved.
The Potato Head Kids
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Mr. Potato Head yet again.