Occupation: Professional fighterLiving life in exile from his homeland isn't so bad. He's got a heavyweight championship title and a garden. What more could a monster want?
- Asexual: As of this side comic from the Tumblr page, Kilo officially falls onto the asexual scale. He understands and can appreciate sex, but he doesn't naturally feel any sexual desire himself. That doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy a relationship with Todd on a romantic level, though.
- Badass Baritone: An Informed Attribute, since there is no sound in a Webcomic. Intended to sound like Michael Clarke Duncan.
- Beast Man: A member of a reptilian race known as the Zid'ral.
- Blessed with Suck: His mutation causes him to be literally three times the size of a normal Zid'ral, with extreme strength, endurance and an immunity to arcane matter. It also was the reason he was exiled from his homeland.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Despite his extremely intimidating appearance Kilo is quite paternal, having an uncle-like relationship with Ayshia.
- Clothing Damage: Happens a few times to Kilo during unexpected fights in public. The funny thing about this is that it has involved additional layers of clothes he puts on when the weather is cold, since he's Walking Shirtless Scene the rest of the time anyway.
- Dumb Muscle: Sort of. Kilo certainly isn't mentally deficient, but he isn't all that book smart...except when it comes to gardening.
- Famed In-Story: Being a famous professional fighter, Kilo turns the heads of countless bystanders for his fame, to say nothing of his conspicuous size.
- Fingerless Gloves
- Flower in His Cap: This usually feminine trope is subverted. Kilo is not all that feminine, but the sunflower he sometimes wears in his cap does remind the audience that he has a sensitive soul.
- Gentle Giant: When he wants to be, especially when he's gardening.
- The Hermit: He prefers solitude in his garden and rarely strays too far from his home.
- Lantern Jaw of Justice
- Manly Gay: In a decidedly Straight Gay fashion. It's largely a footnote All There in the Manual, along with his future relationship with Todd. While the artist occasionally teases the audience with this on Tumblr and FurAffinity, it is a non-issue in the main webcomic, and it's planned to stay that way.
- Martial Pacifist: Ironic for such a prolific professional fighter to find so much sorrow in fighting. But he fights because he needs to make a living. Though occasionally provoked into angry fits of violence himself, Kilo does not relish violence, and discourages others from giving in to their Berserk Buttons.
- Mr. Fanservice: With Furry Fandom appeal.
- Mutant: Has a rare genetic mutation that makes him much bigger and stronger than most other Zid'ral.
- My Favorite Scarf: There is hell to pay if you destroy Kilo's favorite cute scarf.
- Nature Lover
- Nice Hat
- Profiling: Kilo is often assumed to be hostile for being a Mutant Zid'ral.
- Punny Name: "Kilo Monster" sounds similar to "gila monster", which Kilo certainly resembles.
- Scary Mutant Zid'ral: The Scary Black Man trope is alluded to, as Kilo is routinely profiled for what he is (rather than who he is), and random people are often scared of him on sight and often presume him guilty if something bad happens. Reinforced in that the author intended Kilo's voice to sound like the late Michael Clarke Duncan, who has been known for playing characters who are good at heart but easily suspected, as in The Green Mile. Humanized Kilo is a large, black man as well.
- Tsundere: A Type B, believe it or not. Kilo may be a professional fighter, but he's a gentle person most of the rest of the time...unless you're really pissing him off. He's also The Hermit, and most people don't actually get to witness his gentle side.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He usually wears a worn-out pair of pants, suspenders, Fingerless Gloves, a Nice Hat and sometimes a miniature sunflower — usually no shirt.
- Wall Crawl: Impressive, considering his size and how much he must weigh.
Age: unknown (at least 50)
Occupation: ARCANE TECHNOLOGY LIFEFORM AUTOMATED SYSTEM (ATLAS)In all her long years of existence, nothing has quite captured NIKA's non-existent heart quite like curling up with some comic books and her human family.
- Happily Adopted: Lives with the Andrews.
- The Heart: Considering she literally has none.
- Older Than They Act: Well, we don't know how old she is, but she's at least older than her playful childlike personality would suggest.
- Painting the Medium: When NIKA speaks, her speech bubbles are the same style as those used for voices heard via electionic telecommunications devices (as seen when Jaymi talks to Nigellus through her tablet), but with the black and white colors swapped to emphasize NIKA's synthetic, non-organic nature. Additionally, her speech is printed in a deliberately pixelated font, whereas most other characters' speech bubbles use normal comics fonts.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: NIKA is an ATLAS, and her kind are just as capable of complex thought and emotions as "organic" people.
- Robot Kid
- Spock Speak: Subverted. NIKA speaks in Spock Speak-like wording, but the meaning of her speech is no less warm, childlike or playful for it.
- What Measure is a Non-Organic?: When NIKA is mugged on the street, the muggers completely ignore her sentience and her protests and keep referring to her as "it", and even discuss whether they can scrap her for parts. In the city of Centro, most robots are not sentient, so NIKA's emotions and self-awareness catch people by surprise...if they take the time to observe it at all.
Age: 20 years
Occupation: Engineering studentWith a major in engineering and a minor in sarcasm, Jaymi continues her father's research on arcane technology while he's out of the country.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Mimi".
- Ambiguously Brown
- Cool Big Sis: Inverted, as Jaymi is six years younger than Todd. But she seems more mature and more emotionally stable than him.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- The Smart Gal
- The Snark Knight
- Tertiary Sexualcharacteristics/Hair Decorations: That huge pink ribbon is a constant reminder that this sailor-mouthed Tom Boy is still a woman in touch with her feminine side.
- Tom Boy: Ballsier than Todd, that's for sure.
Age: 26 years
Occupation: Peacekeeper Corps OfficerThis battle-worn soldier has a disposition of a marshmallow. Having witnessed the fall of Rokk'che firsthand, it's a wonder how he actually survived at all.
- Adorkable: Often bears a facial expression that appears to be a combination of cluelessness and endearing rosy-cheeked nervousness.
- Affectionate Nick Name: "Todders".
- Berserk Button: Todd takes it personally if someone disparages the Peacekeepers' role in Rokk'che.
- Bi the Way: Todd is no stranger to men or women. It's explained All There in the Manual that gender isn't really relevant when it comes to who he dates or falls in love with. He's dated more women than men, but it doesn't matter to him.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: In Todd's backstory, explaining why he's so emotionally scarred.
- Interspecies Romance: Not just between Todd and Kilo, but Todd's romantic life in general. Out of seven people he's dated, only two have been other humans.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": He's already a huge fan of Kilo Monster, and a very blushy one at that.
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: The visual symbolism is subverted by Todd's foolhardy personality.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Shell-Shocked Veteran
- Trigger Happy
- Unkempt Beauty: He may cut his hair and keep it clean, but he looks like he never combs it.
- The Worf Effect: Todd keeps getting his ass handed to him by more powerful opponents. First by Kilo, and then by Nigellus. Word of God is that, in the latter case, it was originally going to be Jaymi who got beaten up, but the author changed her mind because Jaymi was the one least able to physically defend herself in the first place.
Age: 7 years
Occupation: Flower shop assistantWhen she was taken into the care of her grandmother, Ayshia became her faithful and feisty apprentice. One day, hopes to be a master gardener... and a heavyweight champion.
- Affectionate Nickname: Kilo regularly calls Ayshia "sunshine".
- Breath Weapon: She can breath fire when agitated or excited.
- Innocent Flower Girl
- Petting Zoo People: Appears to be some kind of donkey...or cat?
- Plucky Girl: Even after surviving Dr. Mayers' attack on the courtroom during Kilo's trial, Ayshia is still plugging along with a smile.
Dr. Nigellus Talbot Mayers
Age: 45 years
Occupation: Arcane Science ProfessorOnce a renowned musician and philanthropist, the fall of Rokk'che had left him with nothing except his pet rat, Blagdan, and his research of arcane tech with Dr. Joseph Andrews.
- Fate Worse Than Death
- Functional Addict: Has to continually take pills to dull the pain of what happened in Rokk'che.
- The Lost Lenore: Pines over the death of his wife and child during the Rokk'che conflict.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor
- Spock Speak: The doc tends to be a little verbose even before his little relapse.
- Wicked Cultured: Had a personality like this even before his transformation, but his newfound superpowered malice gave it an outlet to blossom.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity