open/close all folders
- All Deaths Final: Not for these guys!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Davey and Chainey.
- I Am A Humanitarian: All Zombies by default.
- Our Zombies Are Different: There are two types: the typical Romero zombies (called 'Mindless') and the zombies that can think (called 'Awares').
- Good Scars, Evil Scars
- Scars Are Forever: Let's see:
- Chainey has a scar on his left cheek and hand. Also a big gash at the back of his skull.
- Davey has a few on his face, as well as a large Y-shaped one which he received at the hands of Marianne.
- Owen: LOTS! Several on both his hands (looks like he's wearing hobo gloves. He's not), one around his neck, and one across his cheekbones. It's been suggested that these are self-inflicted . As of Chapter 10: Avalanche, he's probably got more now thanks to Davey.
Anthony Michael Chainey
The main protagonist of the story, Chainey is a tall, narcoleptic, Aware with amnesia.
Jeremiah David Jones
Self-proclaimed Hero called... Maggot Boy.
Owen Nathaniel Wright
The main antagonist of the story, and appears to have some history with Chainey.
Palmer Institute Employees
A young but talented Necromancer working at the Palmer Institute. Her job is to observe the resident Awares.
A bitter but powerful Necromancer who saved Sovereign city, now heads the Palmer Institute for Undead Studies.
- The Ace: Saved Sov. City - and to some extent the world - from becoming Zombiechow.
- Younger Than They Look: Due to casting a zombie-destroying shield over a whole city for several days.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives one to Chainey about Zombies and feeding.
- Jerkass: For the most part!
- Jerkass Has a Point: He might be an ass, but he has good intuition in how to handle most situations.
- Big Secret: Keeps his infected daughter Claire hidden in the Institute.
- The Unfettered: Will go to any lengths, be it losing his sanity or life, to find a cure for his daughter.
Noah/Li Xiang Fei
Lazaro's right-hand man. His life currently revolves around his pregnant wife and the shenanigans at the Palmer Institute.
A (Ex-)surgeon(?) that recently got reinstated to capture Owen.
- Asexual: By Word of God
- The Ace: Besides the obvious pun, is said to be one of the best surgeons of the Palmer Institute.
- Cute and Psycho: How most characters and fans see her.
- Knight Templar Mad Scientist: She see nothing wrong with dissecting an aware (while they're fully conscious).
- Terms of Endangerment: Davey meets the doctor who dissected him when he was freshly undead. She calls him "sweetheart" and says "I missed you terribly". Davey is less than civil.
- Refers to Owen as "Cupcake" during their first meeting after shooting him in the arm, considering she wants to continue her experiments on him...
Parker "PJ" Jones
- Break the Cutie: Constant stalking and tormenting via Owen wore poor PJ down. Finding out Davey has become a zombie seems to have been the last straw.
- Camp Gay: Averted. It's not until we learn that he's into Bastian that we realize which team he plays for.
- Cool Loser
- Fanboy: He's a Brony and loves super-heroes, mostly Spiderman and... Maggot Boy.
- Nice Hat: A red and white beanie!
- Took a Level in Badass
The Cult of Boli Shah
- Cult: Duh.
- Self-Harm: Members do this to themselves as an initiation
Parker's best friend. Micah is a rich, gothic boy who likes to complain, usually about being bored.