Characters: Maggot Boy
open/close all folders
- All Deaths Final: Not for these guys!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Davey and Chainey.
- I Am A Humanitarian: All Zombies by default.
- Our Zombies Are Different: There are two types: the typical Romero zombies (called 'Mindless') and the zombies that can think (called 'Awares').
- Good Scars, Evil Scars
- Scars Are Forever: Let's see:
- Chainey has a scar on his left cheek and hand. Also a big gash at the back of his skull.
- Davey has a few on his face, as well as a large Y-shaped one which he received at the hands of Marianne.
- Owen: LOTS! Several on both his hands (looks like he's wearing hobo gloves. He's not), one around his neck, and one across his cheekbones. It's been suggested that these are self-inflicted . As of Chapter 10: Avalanche, he's probably got more now thanks to Davey.
- Scars Are Forever: Let's see:
Anthony Michael ChaineyThe main protagonist of the story, Chainey is a tall, narcoleptic, Aware with amnesia.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Gets REAL fed up with Davey in Ch. 11: Call out.
- Character Development: He's noticeably less of a push over now then in the first few chapters.
- Ghost Amnesia
- Gentle Giant: Considered a pacifist. Subverted when he's in feral mode.
- Sidekick: The Sidekick to Davey/Maggot Boy.
- Heavy Sleeper: Narcoleptic. Pretty much played for laughs and makes him more of a dork.
- Idiot Hair
- Multicolored Hair: It's naturally black, but dyed in strips of white and light blue.
- Nice Hat: Is seen wearing some pretty silly hats half the time.
- Only Sane Man: Tries to be.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Davey's red.
- Perpetual Frowner: The only time he's smiled in the comic so far was when talking to a stranger (who ran from him).
- Pretty Boy: Not all that bad looking for a member of the undead.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sensitive Guy to Davey's Manly Man.
- Shrinking Violet: He hates the thought of leading, is rather soft-spoken, and insecure about his height.
- Supporting Protagonist: Word of God say he's a follower by choice.
Jeremiah David JonesSelf-proclaimed Hero called... Maggot Boy.
- Aloof Big Brother: After he died. Justified in that no one, including his family, should know about him.
- According to God, he was mostly distant with his bro before he died, though still cared about him.
- Big Brother Mentor: He was known to look out for his brother Parker when alive. He's now Sovereign City's hero Maggot Boy and taken Chainey under his wing as his sidekick.
- Big Brother Instinct: Gives Owen quite the beat down upon finding him for messing with his brother and almost killing his friends.
- The Hero
- Heroic Wannabe: Seems more accurate.
- Hidden Depths: Quite the artist!
- Improvised Weapon: A wrench. Carries a knife, as well.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Messy Hair
- Love Triangle: In one with Sam and Lazaro, now another with Sam and Carville.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Pretty much.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Chainey's blue.
- Shower of Angst: After Marianne dissected him.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Manly Man to Chainey's Sensitive Guy.
Owen Nathaniel WrightThe main antagonist of the story, and appears to have some history with Chainey.
- An Arm and a Leg: Loses an arm in Ch. 10. One could count his wounded knee from Ch. 9
- Animal Motifs: Cats! His default wardrobe is a black hoodie with cat ears sewn on, as well as a cat mask.
- Bungled Suicide: Tries to shoot himself in the head with PJ's gun. Turns out it was out of bullets.
- Fans speculate this wasn't his first attempt.
- Dark and Troubled Past: By Word of God, Owen didn't know his father, his mother overdosed when he was five, and even after getting adopted, he got picked on a lot , probably because he's a biologial female Transman.
- Mysterious Past: How did he die? What relationship does he have with Chainey?
- Evil Redhead
- Expository Hairstyle Change: his hairstyle before death
- Fake Kill Scare: To Parker.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover
- Knife Nut: His preferred Weapon of Choice.
- Non-Human Sidekick: A stray kitty named Krissy!
- Pet the Dog: Turns out, he didn't kill Bastian.
- Pint Sized Power House
- Slasher Smile
- Troubling Un Child Like Behaviour: The major provider of Gorn in the comic.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: TERRIFIED of big dogs!
Palmer Institute Employees
Samatha HydeA young but talented Necromancer working at the Palmer Institute. Her job is to observe the resident Awares.
- Ambiguously Brown: Word of God says she's from a mixed race background.
- Dreadlock Rasta: In a cute ponytail.
- Love Triangle: First one with Davey and Lazaro, now with Davey and Carville.
- Informed Ability: Despite mention of her talents, we have yet to see any of her powers.
- Genki Girl: She has some moments.
- The Chick
- A-Cup Angst
- Hartman Hips
- Trash of the Titans: Bit of a pack rat.
Lazaro PalmerA bitter but powerful Necromancer who saved Sovereign city, now heads the Palmer Institute for Undead Studies.
- The Ace: Saved Sov. City - and to some extent the world - from becoming Zombiechow.
- Younger Than They Look: Due to casting a zombie-destroying shield over a whole city for several days.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives one to Chainey about Zombies and feeding.
- Jerkass: For the most part!
- Jerkass Has a Point: He might be an ass, but he has good intuition in how to handle most situations.
- Big Secret: Keeps his infected daughter Claire hidden in the Institute.
- The Unfettered: Will go to any lengths, be it losing his sanity or life, to find a cure for his daughter.
Noah/Li Xiang FeiLazaro's right-hand man. His life currently revolves around his pregnant wife and the shenanigans at the Palmer Institute.
- Asian and Nerdy
- Expository Hairstyle Change: As of Chapter 11: Call Out.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Chinese
- Mr.Fanservice: Arguably the most attractive looking (alive) guy in the comic. Too bad he's...
- Happily Married
- Only Friend: Possibly Palmer's.
- Pragmatic Hero: Stated in his bio that he's not afraid to do what needs to be done. Shown in that he calls the armed feds to go after a Feral!Chainey so no one will get hurt.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
Marianne SuttonA (Ex-)surgeon(?) that recently got reinstated to capture Owen.
- Asexual: By Word of God
- The Ace: Besides the obvious pun, is said to be one of the best surgeons of the Palmer Institute.
- Cute and Psycho: How most characters and fans see her.
- Knight Templar Mad Scientist: She see nothing wrong with dissecting an aware (while they're fully conscious).
- For Science!!: Her reasoning, more or less.
- Terms of Endangerment: Davey meets the doctor who dissected him when he was freshly undead. She calls him "sweetheart" and says "I missed you terribly". Davey is less than civil.
- Refers to Owen as "Cupcake" during their first meeting after shooting him in the arm, considering she wants to continue her experiments on him...
Parker "PJ" Jones
- Break the Cutie: Constant stalking and tormenting via Owen wore poor PJ down. Finding out Davey has become a zombie seems to have been the last straw.
- Camp Gay: Averted. It's not until we learn that he's into Bastian that we realize which team he plays for.
- Cool Loser
- Fanboy: He's a Brony and loves super-heroes, mostly Spiderman and... Maggot Boy.
- Meaningful Name: PJ's first name is the same as Spiderman's last name.
- Nice Hat: A red and white beanie!
- Took a Level in Badass
The Cult of Boli Shah
- Ambiguously Autistic: Some fans think so. With a Shrug of God, Jess stated that if he does, it's diagnosed.
- Killed Off for Real
- Lovable Jock: Plays soccer and sticks up for PJ against some bullies.
- Only Sane Man: Perhaps the most mentally stable person in the comic.
MicahParker's best friend. Micah is a rich, gothic boy who likes to complain, usually about being bored.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Drama Queen
- Emo Teen: He should be the poster boy.
- Gossipy Hens: Not the type to keep a secret by Word of God. Let's hope PJ is an exception.
- He Cleans Up Nicely
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: For all his attitude, he really does care about PJ, and is the only one who PJ told about his kidnapping. In Stray Cat Strut, he stops his It's All About Me tirade the minute he notices PJ's condition.
- Perpetual Frowner
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.