Riki Honoo/Red Turbo | Actor: Kenta Satou
He's the leader of the team, but not exactly the brightest of the bulb, pulling things off through sheer will. To be fair, he's just not really good at studying. He's a star baseball player.
- Book Dumb: Quite smart in battles. In schools... not so much.
- Cool Sword: GT Sword
- Bifurcated Weapon: GT Sword + Turbolaser Sword Mode.
- Dual Wielding: He ends up dual-wielding his sword due to his 'special weapon'.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: His actor sang the theme song. (And later returned to sing the theme to Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger.)
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Pick any of the male villains. Ask who killed them. Riki
- The Leader
- Signature Move: "GT Crash"
Daichi Yamagata/ Black Turbo | Actor: Fumiaki Ganaha
Second-in-command, and in contrast with Riki, he's actually pretty smart. Leads the team just in case Riki is absent. Other than being a smart boy, he is also a member of the track team, sometimes called 'Running Brain'.
- Determinator: He was very adamant on protecting his vehicle, to complete the Turbo Rugger.
- Drop the Hammer: T Hammer
- Genius Bruiser: Uses lots of heavy weaponry, ends up liking a sport like sumo, still one of the smartest of the class.
- The Lancer: For being second-in-command and Riki's foil.
- The Smart Guy
- What the Hell, Hero?: Is mostly the one to deliver it when someone does something completely improper. And when he does, he's screaming like hell.
Youhei Hama/Blue Turbo | Actor: Keiya Asakura
A senior of the swimming club, giving him good relations with children. His good looks also attracts girls, though this is offset that he's probably the second in terms of getting on the teacher's nerves.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Subverted. Youhei himself is a nice guy when it comes to girls, but everyone knows he's the second biggest 'troublemaker' in the eyes of the teachers. He still magnetizes girls regardless.
- The Big Guy: You'll have to be keen to see this quality on him. Maybe that giant-swing on a Monster of the Week is the most shining example of it?
- Book Dumb: According to Word of God, he's even worse than Riki.
- The Chew Toy: Other than getting on the teacher's nerves, Youhei just had the misfortune of getting the most Distressed Dude moments, or that one when he lost all the girls attracted to him because his face got switched with a Dirty Coward Nerd.
- Chick Magnet
- Cool Gun: J-Gun
- Friend to All Children
- Kiai: More prone to yell "CHESTO!".
- Likes Older Women: When he was a kid, he had a crush on his teacher.
Shunsuke Hino/Yellow Turbo | Actor: Junichi Katagiri
A gymnast who try his best to be the class clown. Aside of having a Dead Little Brother, his other experience in past includes actually meeting Sayoko Tsukikage WAY before she became Kirika.
- Automatic Crossbow: B-Bowgun
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: With Kirika.
- Nice Hat: His cap on his casual outfit.
- Plucky Comic Relief
Haruna Morikawa/Pink Turbo | Actress: Noriko Kinohara
She's pretty much the class' 'Miss Perfect', which includes being the Student Council President and the smartest girl in the class. She's excellent in acting, but has a kind heart and is the first one to realize how much it hurts to fight her classmates all the time.
- The Chick
- Fake Defector: Her most well known feat is this.
- Friend to All Living Things: Nice with animals, as shown in the dog episode.
- The Heart: This plays heavily in the latter episodes.
- Nice Job Breaking It Heroine: When she learns about an artifact that might be able to stop her friends (the Turborangers and Nagare Bouma) from fighting each other, she desperately sought it and forcefully used it... only for it to turn out that it seals both sides' powers and brings Neo Lagorn back to Earth. She's really sorry about this.
- One of the Boys
- Simple Staff: W-Stick. It's pretty short compared to the normal staves, though.
- The Smart Girl
- The Smurfette Principle
- Student Council President
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Seelon's Girly Girl.
Great Violent Demon Emperor Lagorn/Neo Lagorn
- Big Bad
- Orcus on His Throne: Justified as he's immobile for most of the series. Once he gains the ability to move around, he immediately gets off his throne and goes after the Turborangers himself.
- One-Winged Angel: Neo-Lagorn
Violent Demon Doctor Layda
- Evil Genius
- Killed Off for Real
- Misanthrope Supreme: He HATES humans and his schemes almost always involve using humanity's misdemeanours against them.
- The Dragon
Dark Violent Demon Zimba
Violent Demon Princess Jarmin
Rage Flying Violent Demon Zulten
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Heel–Face Turn
- The Starscream
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds - For spending years being prejudiced by humans.
- Dark Action Girl: For the most part.
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Heel–Face Turn
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds - Since a child, she's constantly being bullied by fellow humans.