open/close all folders
- Accidental Hero: Some of his gripes about his PR façade is that he tends to do awesome things without even intending to.
- Accidental Pervert: Accidentally sees Tsukiko naked a couple of times.
- Alliterative Name: Youto Yokodera
- Animal Motifs: Dogs.
- Bishie Sparkle: His 6-year-old self does it a couple of times.
- Covert Pervert: Before wishing to make himself honest, he went along with everyone's assumption that he was a model citizen and didn't let on that he was a massive pervert willing to do anything in order to peep on girls.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: One unintended consequence of his wish is that he will always speak his mind out.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Hentai Ouji" ("Pervert Prince"), on account of his post-wish inability to conceal his perverse thoughts.
- Everyone Has Standards: Even a raging pervert like him is genuinely squicked out over how Mai is just as perverse-tongued as, if not even more than, himself.
- Expressive Hair: The Idiot Hair on his 6-year old self can do this.
- Fatal Flaw: While he's not an idiot, he tends to panic and react without thinking things through.
- First Kiss: With Azusa. Tsukiko is not amused that the former has already beaten her to it.
- Forgotten First Meeting: Doesn't remember that he already met Tsukiko a year prior to the start of the series, as she was wearing a mask then. Turns out this is a consequence of his wish to the Stony Cat when he was young, as he also doesn't remember Tsukushi and Emi despite meeting them before the story.
- Gag Penis: The euphemism compares it to an elephant trunk.
- Idiot Hair: His 6-year-old self has one sticking-up lock of hair.
- Large Ham: His shouting and gesticulating can get really over-the-top.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Made a wish to give Tsukushi his memories of her mother ten years prior to the story. It causes him to lose memories of any girls he meets that are separated from him long enough. This causes lots of problems throughout the series for several girls.
- Loose Lips: He just can't keep his big mouth shut, leading to unnecessary trouble.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Post-wish. Also deconstructed, as he finds his world being turned upside-down by his complete inability to sugarcoat his perverted thoughts.
- Nice Guy: Perverse streak aside, Youto is actually a pretty affable, good-natured boy who's more than willing to put his dignity (as well as his own memories) on the line if it will ultimately help the people he genuinely cares for, such as Tsukiko and Azusa.
- Oblivious to Love: Has no clue about Azusa's affections for him. However, after stealing her first kiss, her affections become so overt that it's impossible for him not to notice.
- Thanks for the Mammaries: Accidentally gropes Tsukushi's boobs on one occasion.
Voiced by: Yui OguraA first-year girl with a shy, fragile disposition, she wished to become more mature to the "Stony Cat" together with Youto... only to discover that she has become completely unable to make facial expressions.
- A-Cup Angst:
- Silently scratches Youto's DVD collection featuring busty women with a pair of scissors. And then perks up the moment Youto mentions his tastes have "changed", going as far as to inquire how they have changed. Just for reference, of course.
- When cleaning up his room, she throws out all his "material" featuring busty women, yet keeps those with petite girls.
- In episode 11, while trying out a bra, Youto accidentally walks in on her. After she uses it to cover his eyes, he says that they're too big for her, followed shortly by her knocking him unconscious for bringing that up.
- Alliterative Name: Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi
- Animal Motifs: Cats.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Despite being unable to express herself, Tsukiko is surprisingly aggressive in her interest in Youto, and accepting towards his... tendencies. And in Episode 6, after watching Azusa and Tsukushi do a Lover Tug-of-War on Youto, she mentions how she hates people who waste food. All three of them immediately stop, and begin eating and mentioning how awesome the food is.
- Big Eater: Frequently seen with various kinds of snacks in hand, and seems to prefer her food super-sized.
- Broken Bird: Shows some issues with her relationship with her sister Tsukushi.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: She gets drunk easily by smelling alcohol.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Although more subtly than Azusa, she also doesn't like it when Youto is spending time with other girls, especially when she's around. And in episode 12, she's not happy to hear that Azusa beat her to the punch with Youto's First Kiss.
- The Comically Serious: Not by choice, as a result of her wish.
- Dull Surprise: She can't even scream properly.
- Emotionless Girl: Post-wish.
- Expressive Hair: When she sees a 6 year old Youto in episode 11, his hair is moving on its own. Part of her hair immediately does the same thing.
- First Kiss: With Youto.
- Fragile Flower: Pre-wish.
- Little Miss Snarker: Post-wish.
- Not So Above It All:
- In episode 6, Youto catches her singing a tune he mentions he was singing earlier when he walks into the kitchen and sees her making food. He then sees her wearing his shirt, and she mentions that she was merely using it as an apron because she couldn't find hers. Youto then mentions that in an earlier Dating Sim game he played, one of the girls wore the shirt of their love interest so that they could smell them and feel closer, which causes her to blush and try to change the subject.
- By the end of the light novel, Tsukiko is clearly a Covert Pervert. She always sniffs Youto' smell whenever she is around him. And then calling it "to replenish my energy".
- Older Than They Look: She looks rather young for a tenth-grader.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Tends to do this.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: She sometimes shows up out of nowhere, such as when Youto was talking to Tsukushi at their house, and she suddenly shows up behind him.
- Third-Person Person: Refers to herself in the third person in her side story "A cyber attack".
- Tranquil Fury: Post-wish. Especially when she feels jealous at Youto for being close to other girls."I see... I see."
Voiced by: Kaori IshiharaA second-year transferee and self-proclaimed "ojou-sama" with a mean streak.
- A-Cup Angst: Unnerved by Youto's unrestrained comments about her chest, and seeing Tsukushi's impressive bust.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Was bullied in her previous school (or so she thought).
- Alliterative Name
- Animal Motifs: Turtles and dogs.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Falls in love with Youto after realizing that Youto's desire to help her is genuine.
- Broken Bird: Was the victim of bullying in her previous school (or rather, gravely misunderstood her schoolmates' pranks which were meant as friendly overtures) and has since put up a Rich Bitch façade.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She doesn't like Youto paying attention to other girls, such as when Tsukushi attempts to flirt and seduce him openly in front of her in episode 6.
- Covert Pervert: Secretly wants Youto to see her in a bikini, and do various "stuff" to her.
- Cry Cute: The end of the first half of Episode 3, after Youto apologizes to her for lying to her into facing her past.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: While it's technically the cat god statue saying this to Youto, she laments about how she puts up with and does all of these favors for him, only not to get anything meaningful in return. Youto then "pays" her back with a kiss.
- Expy: Being a petite blonde that puts up an "ojou-sama" facade/lifestyle to hide her lower class status makes her quite similar to Mio Aoyama from The World God Only Knows.
- Flowery Insults: Tends to break into bursts of continuous, creative insults based on animals (e.g. calling him a "stupid spotted hippopotamus" or a "big bald bear who betrays all the bunnies you bluff") whenever she feels displeased at Youto.
- First Kiss: With Youto.
- Fragile Flower: Pre-wish.
- Girlish Pigtails: When swimming.
- Grand Theft Me: When she wishes to be a "new person", the Stony Cat possesses her and take over whenever it sees fit.
- Hot-Blooded: She tends to get a bit too excited and/or angry with Youto at times, particularly when he doesn't answer her calls.
- Never Be Hurt Again: Her reasons for putting on a Rich Bitch façade.
- Older Than They Look: One year older than Tsukiko, but does not look so.
- Rapunzel Hair: Reaches her hips let down.
- Rich Bitch: Subverted — as it turns out, she comes from a middle-class family, taking up three part-time jobs to afford all her luxuries.
- Shana Clone: Petite physique (both vertically and horizontally), Rapunzel Hair with a Tsundere attitude.
- Slave Collar: As part of her canine motif.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Canine language, to be specific.
- Tsundere: Type A post-wish. Also deconstructed, as it turns out not only did she inherit Youto's "PR façade", but also as a coping mechanism for being bullied back in her previous school (or so she thought). After she and Youto revert their wishes, she becomes Type B for the guy. After getting her first kiss stolen by him, she becomes dere-side-up.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A with black thigh-high stockings.
Voiced by: Yukari TamuraTsukiko's older sister and the notoriously stern captain of the track and field team.
- Alliterative Name: Tsukushi Tsutsukakushi
- Aloof Big Sister: Keeps her little sister at arms length, but it turns out she actually loves her a great deal and has her reasons for treating her this way.
- Boobs of Steel: She has the biggest bust and is capable of crushing apples and watermelons with her bare hands.
- Broken Bird: Like her sister, Tsukushi's stern attitude also hides some deep-seated issues.
- Club President: Of the track team.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Beneath that stern exterior hides a rather absurd thought process.
- The Comically Serious: Creates comedy by responding in her usual serious way to ridiculous situations.
- Covert Pervert: In episode 8, when Tsukushi visits Youto's house, she looks at one of his picture albums. At one point Youto asks her why she keeps taking pictures of him out of the album. She casually dismisses it, saying it must be her hand acting on its own. If you pay attention to her hand, she's actually stealing them and putting it inside her shirt. She later casually mentions that rubbing her face with said pictures in episode 10 while discussing a possible Forgotten First Meeting with him.
- Gag Boobs: They are prone to Gainaxing, and are subjects of various jokes throughout the series.Youto: "Hey President, since which grade did your breasts start to grow?"
- Hair-Trigger Temper: As Youto finds out, talking to her is like treading on a minefield, especially when Tsukiko is concerned.
- Hidden Depths: Her romantic love for Tsukiko stems from the fact that they only have each other for family after their parents were killed in a car accident years ago, as Youto discovers when he hears her talking in her sleep, tearfully begging Tsukiko to never leave her all alone.
- Insane Troll Logic: Her plan to marry Tsukiko runs on this — by disowning her, she would have legal rights to marry her in Massachusetts, where same-sex marriage is allowed. Unfortunately for her incestuous marriage is still banned there, even with familial disinheritance at work.
- Jerkass Façade: Seems to disown Tsukiko... then it turns out that she's only doing this so she can marry her.
- Red Baron: "Kotetsu no Ou" — the "Steel King".
- Red Herring: Turns out she didn't cause the typhoon.
- Schoolgirl Lesbian: Attracted to her little sister and schoolmate Tsukiko.
- Bi the Way: Starts out desiring her little sister. Later, she falls for Youto, who she still thinks is his own younger twin.
- Brother–Sister Incest: She's really hot for Tsukiko.
- Team Captain Rock
- Small Name, Big Ego: A little too confident about her intelligence.
- Stalker Shrine: While not necessarily a stalker, she does have shrine dedicated to Tsukiko.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
Moriya and Morii
Voiced by: Aya Suzaki (Moriya) and Minami Takahashi (Morii)Azusa's former schoolmates who "bullied" her in the past. Turns out, they try to pull a prank on Azusa trying to get her to open up and it's backfires terribly.
- Ambiguously Brown: Unless they're Ganguro.
- The Atoner: Spent their beach vacation with Azusa as a way to atone for unintentionally hurting her feelings, ending with them directly apologizing to her for that prank.
- Buxom Is Better: Much to Azusa's chagrin.
- Innocently Insensitive: They just wanted to make friends with Azusa. Unfortunately, their methods backfired horribly, and they never knew of its consequences until Youto told them right in their faces.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Their reaction when finding out the grave consequences of their prank.
- Those Two Girls
Voiced by: Yuka TerasakiThe Vice President of the track and field.
- Alliterative Name: Mai Maimaki
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She acts hostile towards Youto largely because she hates how close Tsukushi is to him and even prefers him to succeed her post (it also doesn't help that she is hinted to have a crush on her). Later novels reveal that she also resents the ease with which Youto makes friends, in contrast to how her cold personality puts others off.
- Covert Pervert: See Hypocritical Humor below.
- Genre Savvy: Of her teammates, she is the first to notice Tsukiko, Azusa and Tsukushi falling in love with Youto.
- Hypocritical Humor:
- Loves to snark at Youto's perversion but does it using incredibly explicit vocabulary that manages to creep every team member out (especially Youto), and has an underwear fetish.
- Took a whole new level in volume 6 of the light novel. After she switched body with Youto by wish, she jerked off relentlessly, to the point when Youto got his body back, his crotch and right hand got totally numb. And she took all of his underwears too.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Quite unnecessarily rude and hostile, which contributes to her solitary reputation. Nonetheless, Tsukushi is the only person she shows due respect, and is willing to do anything to make her happy, even if it means swallowing her ego and going on a proxy date with Youto, whose kindness ultimately reaches her, making him Mai's first true friend.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Strongly implied in the last episode when she goes to the amusement park with Tsukushi and the other main characters, along with her holding a body pillow with a picture of Tsukushi on it during episode 12's Eye Catch.
Emanuela "Emi" Pollarola
Voiced by: Aimi TerakawaA mysterious girl from Italy, whom Ponta introduced as his sister.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: What do you think happens when a 10 year old is given the ability to make everything she wants come true? Disaster, of course.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Tsukiko is not amused by her childish attitude.
- Dynamic Entry: Makes her entrances by landing feet first onto Youto's face.
- Flowery Insults: Towards Youto, based on vegetables, especially pumpkins.
- Girlish Pigtails
Voiced by: Harumi SakuraiTsukushi and Tsukiko's deceased mother.
- The Alcoholic: Drinks plenty of beer onscreen, which does not do her health any favor.
- Alliterative Name
- Incurable Cough of Death
- Missing Mom: Passed away ten years prior to the story.
- Oral Fixation: Frequently seen with a lollipop in her mouth.
- Parental Abandonment: 6-year old Tsukushi believes Tsukasa essentially did this, because she never once visited them in Italy. Turns out she was wrong, and Tsukasa couldn't go because she was too ill to travel, but tried to show her love for them by making clothes, which she used 6-year-old Youto to test on.
- Tsundere: Type A towards young Youto. She kept telling him off, but enjoyed his company.
Nekogami/The Cat God/Warawanai Neko/The Stony Cat
Voiced by: Yurika KuboThe titular wish-making cat god.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: It tends to give you want you want and more than what you bargained for.
- Jerkass Genie/Jerkass God: More interested in making wishes "come true" and expecting its "customers" to keep their own end of the bargain than considering any grave consequences its methods can bring. In the anime at least it is also somewhat obviously evil, but everyone is way too Genre Blind to realize it (read the main article for details).