- Achilles in His Tent: In the first season, after Touga attempts to Shoot the Dog and kill Cecile along with the Zeravire of the week.
- Foil: To Touga.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Gives one to Touga in Zwei.
- Talking to Himself: With Shinn Asuka in the Super Robot Wars Z series. It doesn't go unnoticed.
- The Lancer
- Supporting Protagonist
- The Ace
- Chaste Hero
- Deuteragonist: The show's other main character, after Eiji.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: In episode 5 after stepping out of Sanjelman Castle with Eiji to visit the city.
- Genius Ditz: Touga is an extremely skilled mecha pilot and commander... and also a complete airhead.
- The Hero: As the pilot of the Gran Kaiser, he is this despite not being the actual main protagonist.
- Princely Young Man
- Talking to Himself: With Lelouch Lamperouge and Luca Angelloni in Super Robot Wars Z2.
- Genki Girl
- Talking To Herself: With Aoi Hidaka in Super Robot Wars Z2.
- Tsundere: Type A for Eiji, Type B for Touga.
- Back from the Dead
- Heroic Sacrifice: To save Touga, in Zwei.
- Proper Lady: In sharp contrast to her copilot.
- Ridiculously Human Robots
- Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green, and later pink.
- Boobs of Steel
- Gag Boobs
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- The Mole
- Ms. Fanservice
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Part of her Hard-Drinking Party Girl image is an elaborate act to hide she's very good with computers and an EFA intel officer.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Has a hefty amount of this with Eiji, who gets to see her rarely shown serious side, and whom she hits on repeatedly, both in private and in public.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Creator Yuu Asakawa as a Ms. Fanservice with large breasts. Surprising, eh?
- Voiced by: Houko Kuwashima (JP), Allison Keith (EN)
- Heroic BSOD: After learning that Sandman is her father, and she is an alien.
- Human Aliens
- Mysterious Waif
- You Gotta Have Lavender Hair
Klein Sandman (Zieg Zeravire)
- Ascended Fanboy: Definitely seems like it.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Hyugi's Cain, due to marrying the latter's sister.
- Death Seeker
- Heroic BSOD: In Zwei. Ayaka!Raven snaps him out of it.
- Human Aliens
- I Always Wanted to Say That: He always wanted to introduce the titular mecha in an awesome way; he gets to.
- Ignored Expert
- Immortality: He is at least four hundred years old, but is implied to be much, much older than that. He loses this at the end of the series, though, when he activates the Gran Sigma.
- Large Ham
- Leele I Am Your Father
Raven (Ayaka Shigure)
- Becoming the Mask: Anyone wearing the Raven mask gains access to the memories of past Ravens.
- Bifauxnen: This one, at least.
- Char Clone
- The Comically Serious
- Cool Mask
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Especially from Eiji's perspective.
- Legacy Character: The present Raven is Eiji's sister Ayaka, the one before was Luna's father; it dates back to Sandman's assistant on his home planet.
- Transferable Memory: His mask.
Faye Lin Xu
- Voiced by: Saeko Chiba (JP), Stephanie Nodolny (EN)
- Lightning Bruiser: Her Grantrooper in the Super Robot Wars games has high evade rates and defense to the point where it can be nearly unkillable. Unfortunately, she lacks damage potential.
- Voiced by: Kenyuu Horiuchi (JP), George Manley (EN)