Note: The spoilers regarding teams, team swaps, and right-to-stay eliminations are unmarked.
open/close all folders
Born: April 20, 1968 (ages 33-38, now age 46)
From Cherry Hill, New Jersey, U.S.Born James David Weinroth, he's been the host of Endurance and its predecessor Moolah Beach since the beginning. His narration may seem condescending, but don't let that take away from the experience - he's trying only show the program has a market to kids. Otherwise, he is rather relaxed as a host.—-
Moolah Beach Contestants
Blue TeamXavier Yepez and Chasati Allen
Green TeamKyle Searles and Shari Lee
Orange TeamJacob Capito and ChloŽ Levinson
Purple TeamClark Harrison and Summer Borden
Red TeamDrew Luna and Nancy Diaz
Yellow TeamAndrew "A.J." Johnson and Brittany Harris
Endurance 1 Contestants
Blue TeamAaron Thornburg and Jonna Manion
- The Ace: Aaron physically, Jonna mentally.
- Aerith and Bob
- Brains and Brawn: See The Ace.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Aaron, though this was mainly because of Sabrina.
- Flawless Victory: They won all but one temple mission and avoided going to temple the entire season.
- Honor Before Reason: They had a lot of this. During the final three, they got rid of the sammadhi when given the option to do so. This made the final temple mission fair game.
- It's All My Fault: Jonna after getting the note after Gray's elimination.
Yellow TeamJon Crocilla and Sabrina Lloyd
- The Chessmaster: Sabrina, who tricked Aaron into sending his allies home.
- The Heart: Jon, who on the other hand desired to play the game more fairly.
- Dude Magnet: Like Ashley most of the guys wanted Sabrina as her partner.
- Manipulative Bitch: Sabrina, especially to Aaron.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Sabrina was red to John's blue.
Red TeamChristian Justice and Ashley Gudzak
- Awesome McCoolname: Christian Justice!
- Dude Magnet: Almost all of the guys wanted Ashley or Sabrina as their partner; so much so that Aaron compared it to a war.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Ashley and Sabrina.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Ashley although she did make friends with Sabrina.
- The Load: Later on, as part of Yellow and (to a lesser extent) Blue's alliance- as the only mission they won was one based off a Schelling Point Game.
- Number Two: Ashley to Sabrina.
- The Social Expert: Ashley.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Ashley's reaction to Yellow wanting to give the Samadhi to Orange over Blue.
- This Is A Competition: Ashley in Waterlogged because of no one wanting to send Blue to Temple.
Green TeamTrevor Wilkins and Lana Neiman
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The Reason why they lost tilt because
- Nerd Glasses: Trevor
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: The first in a long line of mismatched partners. They gotten over it towards the end.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Started the Three-Temple Curse.
- Younger Than They Look: Trevor is 12.
Orange TeamSkyler Russel and Chelsea Myers
- Butt Monkey:
- Break the Cutie: Chelsea after being forced to eliminate Layla after the game.
- Joke Character: Neither of them posed a threat to anyone diplomatically or athletically.
- The Quiet One: Both
- The Unfavorite
Purple TeamBrandon Hendrix and Layla Brisco
- Black Best Friend: Layla to Chelsea
- Compressed Hair: Brandon. Initially his hair was braided but his is a full blown Funny Afro
- The Quiet One: Brandon
Gray TeamMax DeLeo and Jenna Jimenez
- Girlish Pigtails: Jenna.
- My Greatest Second Chance: They were chosen to compete again as season 2's brown team.
- Nerd Glasses: Max
- Nice Hat: Max
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: Why they threw the first Endurance Mission.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: They were the first team eliminated.
- The Worsening Curse Color: Started the Gray Team Curse.
No TeamShane Peltzman, Ron Neurauter, Alejando Rose-Garcia;Lacey Elick, Heather Ichihashi, Cree Howard
Endurance 2 Contestants
Brown TeamMax DeLeo and Jenna Jimenez
- Big "OMG!": Jenna after winning her first Temple of Fate.
- But Not Too White: Max & Jenna gotten considerably tanner
- My Greatest Second Chance: They were the first team eliminated in Season 1, but during this season, they Took a Level in Badass and ended up winning the game.
- They're Back: They were the grey team in Season 1.
Green TeamMike Lavigne and Keetin Marchi
Orange TeamTyler Burkhalter and Michelle Durand
- Suicide by Cop: Tyler attempted to do this the first two times but failed.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Until the end.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Continued the Three-Temple Curse.
Purple TeamJeff Phillips and Annie Kim
Yellow TeamShep Allen and Calley Payne
- Always Second Best
- Broken Tears: Calley after her elimination.
- The Load: Callie's lack of Athleticism.
Blue TeamCameron "Scooter" Mac Grudder and Christa Schultz
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Averted; they were on opposite sides of A House Divided, but they worked very well together in missions. They even finished second in a trust-based temple mission despite having the sammadhi against them.
Red TeamPhil Morelli and Jacquelynn Pointer
- Broken Tears: Jacquelynn after being sent to Temple
- Dude Magnet: Every guy wanted Jacquelynn to be their partner.
- Et Tu, Brute?:
- Sore Loser: Both of them made a very angry farewell letter to Green.
Gray TeamWayne Williams and Maryelle De Vitto
- The Worsening Curse Color: Continued the Gray Team Curse.
No TeamDavid Cofresi, Glen Powell, and Trey Griffin;Sarah Ruckreigle, Abbey Konz, and Simone Bouffard
Endurance Hawaii Contestants
Gray TeamChris Vanderweir and Lindi Oest
- Chick Magnet: Chris. Brianna and Lindi were fighting to have him as a partner. Lindi won, and Brianna was stuck with Monroe.
- The Worsening Curse Color: Averted, as they were able to win the season and become Endurance champions, thus temporarily breaking the curse.
Orange TeamDemian Martinez and Nicole Clark
- Alpha Bitch: Nicole
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The yellow chose not to send the orange team to temple after the superteam mission. At the final four, the orange team returned the favor by sending its two biggest allies to temple, keeping the yellow team safe.
- Did Not Think This Though: Demian picking Nicole as he Partner
- Jerkass: Nicole was this big time. When 'your own partner' admits that he doesn't think you deserve to win, you know you're not playing the game right.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Nicole was red to Demian's blue.
- Saved for the Sequel: Nicole audition for season 2 but didn't make the final cut because of being to young.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: A world traveler (Nicole) and a city boy (Demian) do not make the perfect team. It really showed in missions.
Yellow TeamMonroe Gierl and Bryannah Bascon
- Ascended Fanboy: Monroe
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Lindi and Nicole really did not like Brianna, so they thought that pairing her up with Monroe would make her an easy target. Unfortunately for them, he would be a force to be reckoned with in missions. They even won the first temple mission of the season with the sammadhi against them.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Final team afflicted with the Three-Temple Curse.
- The Smart Guy: Monroe
Purple TeamReece Bors and Sarah Baker
- Pink Means Feminine: Sarah though that the purple rope was Pink.
Brown TeamTom Maden and Vanetta Smith
- Back from Elimination: They did not survive the right-to-stay challenge, but in a Deus ex Machina, they were brought back.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Vanetta fell and cut her leg on some bamboo.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Vanetta hurt herself on some bamboo before the final-five Temple Mission.
Red TeamKareem Nugent and Rachel Lofton
Green TeamBjorn Leum and Alex Reid
- Tomboyish Name: Alex
Blue TeamAntonio Iannicelli and Willa Zhou
No TeamMarshall Katheder and Brandon Anderson;Taylor Madison and Eleanor Monahan
Endurance Tehachapi Contestants
Red TeamFranke Sisto and Erica Cook
- Action Girl: Erica, she was the reason why Red won their challenges.
- Brains and Brawn: Erica the brawn, Franke the brain.
- Color Motif: The only team to invoke this by choosing the Heart piece by because of its color.
- The Load: Franke
Purple TeamJonathan Lebowitz and Danielle Bustamonte
- Ascended Fanboy: Daniela
- Purple Is Powerful
- The Power of Friendship: As J.D. pointed out, Their Friendship was a big reason why they made it to the final
- Shoot the Dog: Gave the Samahdi to Green despite preferring to go to the final with them.
Green TeamIsaac Hainley and Yesenia "Jeszie" Geronimo
- Spicy Latina: Jeszie
Blue TeamShea Thomas and Amelia Land
Orange TeamMichael Delvecchio and Kylie Glessman
- Younger Than They Look: Michael.
Yellow TeamChris Tavarez and Callie Simpkins
- Break the Haughty: Chris after losing to Erica
- History Reapeats: A Girl named Callie was placed on the yellow team and was eliminated by the eventual winners.
Gray TeamJohn Kardian and Julie Dubela
No TeamNick Vederosa, Tucker Baer, and Keith Walker II;Brittany Harvey, Kendall Yorkey, and Brooke Bellows
Endurance High Sierras Contestants
Green TeamAlex Carignan and Cealey Godwin
Purple TeamDakota Fisher and Kelsey Schultz
- The Ace: They were in control the entire season.
- No Damage Run
- Purple Is Powerful
- Spiritual Successor: to season 1's blue team; if you look at both of teams' runs, the only difference is that the purple team did not win the game
- True Companions: with the green team
Blue TeamConnor Finnegan and Taylor Sico-Mc Nulty
- Four Is Death: They would not survive their fourth trip to temple.
- True Blue Femininity: Taylor wanted Blue when choosing colors.
Red TeamCameron Uranick and Aeriel Miranda
Orange TeamMax McFarland and Kristine Turner
Yellow TeamAric Manthley and Lilly Brown
- Huge Schoolgirl: Lilly
Gray TeamIsaac "Ike" Moody and Darci Miller
- All of the Other Reindeer
- Meganekko: Darcy
- The Worsening Curse Color: Last Gray Team Curse to be afflicted with the curse before the Gray Team was discontinued in Season Six.
Colorless TeamGarret Manno and Anna Nti Asare
No TeamAdrian Bardales and Rafael Liriano;Martina Iwala and Stefanie Fernandez
Endurance Fiji Contestants
Blue TeamBen Scheuer and Jordyn Barbato
- Dark Horse Victory
- Weak, but Skilled: They work well together but was physically weak. The only mission they was the first half of double temple mission, a memory challenge.
Green TeamWill Cuddy and Leslie Powell
Red TeamJonathan Young and Hannah Gross
Orange TeamCaleb Courtney and Lauren Dixon
Purple TeamConnor Konz and Jackie Wei
- Asian and Nerdy: Jackie wanted to proved she was more that some nerdy little Asian girl in her own words.
- Et Tu, Brute?:
- Girlish Pigtails
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: Their superior performance in the first temple mission caused them to become a target to the green and orange teams after the yellow team was eliminated.
- Weak, but Skilled: This was the reason why they gotten targeted.
Yellow TeamKyle Curtis and Briana Vega
- All of the Other Reindeer: Briana's refusal to have Kyle as her partner gotten her team ostracized for their entire game.
- Drama Queen: Briana.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Briana was shocked when Orange gave sent her & Kyle to an automatic team.
- Nice Hat: Kyle's jester hat.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork