open/close all folders
Born: April 20, 1968 (ages 33-38, now age 47)
From Cherry Hill, New Jersey, U.S.Born James David Weinroth, he's been the host of Endurance and its predecessor Moolah Beach since the beginning. His narration may seem condescending, but don't let that take away from the experience - he's trying only show the program has a market to kids. Otherwise, he is rather relaxed as a host.—-
Moolah Beach Contestants
Blue TeamXavier Yepez and Chasati Allen
Green TeamKyle Searles and Shari Lee
Orange TeamJacob Capito and Chloë Levinson
Purple TeamClark Harrison and Summer Borden
Red TeamDrew Luna and Nancy Diaz
Yellow TeamAndrew "A.J." Johnson and Brittany Harris
Endurance 1 Contestants
Blue TeamAaron Thornburg and Jonna Manion
- The Ace: Aaron physically, Jonna mentally.
- Aerith and Bob
- Brains and Brawn: See The Ace.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Aaron, though this was mainly because of Sabrina.
- Flawless Victory: They won all but one temple mission and avoided going to temple the entire season.
- Honor Before Reason: They had a lot of this. During the final three, they got rid of the Samadhi when given the option to do so. This made the final temple mission fair game.
- It's All My Fault: Jonna after getting the note after Gray's elimination.
Yellow TeamJon Crocilla and Sabrina Lloyd
- The Chessmaster: Sabrina, who tricked Aaron into sending his allies home.
- Dude Magnet: Like Ashley most of the guys wanted Sabrina as her partner.
- The Heart: Jon, who on the other hand desired to play the game more fairly.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Sabrina, and she even voiced it in one episode.
- Manipulative Bitch: Sabrina, especially to Aaron.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Sabrina was red, due to her constant strategizing and role in the game to John's blue.
Red TeamChristian Justice and Ashley Gudzak
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Christian Justice!
- Dude Magnet: Almost all of the guys wanted Ashley or Sabrina as their partner; so much so that Aaron compared it to a war.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Ashley and Sabrina.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Ashley although she did make friends with Sabrina.
- The Load: Later on, as part of Yellow and (to a lesser extent) Blue's alliance- as the only mission they won was one based off a Schelling Point Game.
- Number Two: Ashley to Sabrina.
- The Social Expert: Ashley.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Ashley's reaction to Yellow wanting to give the Samadhi to Orange over Blue.
- This Is A Competition: Ashley in Waterlogged because of no one wanting to send Blue to Temple.
Green TeamTrevor Wilkins and Lana Neiman
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The reason why they lost "Tilt" because Trevor was holding a relatively larger Lana.
- Nerd Glasses: Trevor
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: The first in a long line of mismatched partners. They had gotten over it towards the end.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Started the Three-Temple Curse.
- Younger Than They Look: Trevor was 12 when he was on E1.
Orange TeamSkyler Russell and Chelsea Myers
- Break the Cutie: Chelsea after being forced to eliminate Layla at Temple.
- Butt-Monkey: The only reason this persisted is because both contestants were quiet.
- Cool Shades: Skyler
- Joke Character: Neither of them posed a threat to anyone diplomatically or athletically.
- The Quiet One: Both; at the beginning of the season; people thought Skyler had a plan, while Chelsea didn't talk to many people. However, later on, Chelsea was able to break out of her shell.
Purple TeamBrandon Hendrix and Layla Brisco
- Black Best Friend: Layla to Chelsea
- Compressed Hair: Brandon. Initially his hair was braided but his is a full blown Funny Afro
Gray TeamMax DeLeo and Jenna Jimenez
- Girlish Pigtails: Jenna.
- My Greatest Second Chance: They were chosen to compete again as season 2's brown team.
- Nerd Glasses: Max
- Nice Hat: Max
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: Why they threw the first Endurance Mission.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: They were the first team eliminated.
- The Worsening Curse Color: Started the Gray Team Curse.
No TeamShane Peltzman, Ron Neurauter, Alejando Rose-Garcia;Lacey Elick, Heather Ichihashi, Cree Howard
Endurance 2 Contestants
Brown TeamMax DeLeo and Jenna Jimenez
- Big "OMG!": Jenna after winning her first Temple of Fate.
- But Not Too White: Max & Jenna gotten considerably tanner
- My Greatest Second Chance: They were the first team eliminated in Season 1, but during this season, they Took a Level in Badass and ended up winning the game.
- They're Back: They were the grey team in Season 1.
- The Chessmaster: Max throughout this season, as he made deals with a good number of contestants.
Green TeamMike Lavigne and Keetin Marchi
- The Ace: They were both good mentally and with teamwork
- Aerith and Bob
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: They sent the red team and (much later) the brown team to Temple once each. [[The brown team came back and forgave them, but the red team got eliminated and sent a very harsh farewell letter to them.]]
Orange TeamTyler Burkhalter and Michelle Durand
- Suicide by Cop: Tyler attempted to do this the first two times but failed.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Until "Aqueduct".
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Continued the Three-Temple Curse.
Purple TeamJeff Phillips and Annie Kim
- Meganekko: Annie in her last episodes.
- Purple Is Powerful
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Annie, with the exception of Michelle, clashed with many of the girls (especially Calley) this season because she frequently hung out with the guys, to the point where she said all the girls followed Jenna like dogs.
Yellow TeamShep Allen and Calley Payne
- Always Second Best
- Broken Tears: Calley after her elimination.
- The Load: Calley's lack of athleticism led to Yellow losing some challenges, and even their allies on Brown and Green noted this trend.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The main reason why Calley clashed with Annie in a few episodes, as Annie was the tomboy while Calley was the girly girl
Blue TeamCameron "Scooter" Magruder and Christa Schultz
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Scooter's red to Christa's blue
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Averted; they were on opposite sides of A House Divided, but they worked very well together in missions. They even finished second in a trust-based temple mission despite having the samadhi against them.
Red TeamPhil Morelli and Jacquelynn Pointer
- Broken Tears: Jacquelynn after being sent to Temple
- Dude Magnet: Every guy wanted Jacquelynn to be their partner.
- Et Tu, Brute?:
- Sore Loser: Both of them made a very angry farewell letter to Green.
Gray TeamWayne Williams and Maryelle De Vitto
- We Hardly Knew Ye: With the exception of Wayne's storyline with Jacquelynn, neither of them had that much screentime, with Maryelle speaking only once.
- The Worsening Curse Color: Continued the Gray Team Curse.
No TeamDavid Cofresi, Glen Powell, and Trey Griffin;Sarah Ruckreigle, Abbey Konz, and Simone Bouffard
Endurance Hawaii Contestants
Gray TeamChris Vanderweir and Lindi Oest
- Chick Magnet: Chris. Bryannah and Lindi were fighting to have him as a partner. Lindi won, and Bryannah was stuck with Monroe.
- The Worsening Curse Color: Averted, as they were able to win the season and become Endurance champions, thus temporarily breaking the curse.
Orange TeamDemian Martinez and Nicole Clark
- Alpha Bitch: Nicole
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The Yellow Team chose not to send the orange team to temple after the superteam mission. At the final four, the orange team returned the favor by sending its two biggest allies to temple, keeping the yellow team safe.
- Did Not Think This Through: Demian picking Nicole as his partner
- Irrational Hatred: Nicole's dislike for the Yellow Team (more specifically Bryannah since she never had a problem with Monroe). In the beginning, it was understandable since no one really seemed to like Bryannah due to her clingy and flirtatious nature with Chris but she grew out of that over the season and even got along very well with her partner (whom she disliked in the beginning). Nicole on the other hand continued to dislike her for apparently no reason at all and even got the other girls to hate her as well.
- Fans even speculate that the reason Nicole hated Bryannah so much was because she was jealous that Bryannah not only was prettier than her but because all the guys seemed to like her better.
- Jerkass: Nicole was this big time. When 'your own partner' admits that he doesn't think you deserve to win, you know you're not playing the game right.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Nicole was red to Demian's blue.
- Saved for the Sequel: Nicole auditioned for season 2, and made it to the final 40, but didn't make the final cut because of being too young.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: A world traveler (Nicole) and a city boy (Demian) do not make the perfect team. It really showed in missions.
Yellow TeamMonroe Gierl and Bryannah Bascon
- Adorkable: Monroe big time, especially with how he jumped up and down and screamed like a little girl whenever he won a mission.
- Ascended Fanboy: Monroe set the example for future examples of this trope to follow.
- Break the Cutie: Nicole, Lindi, and Sarah tried really to make Bryannah suffer throughout the season. They sent her and Monroe to Temple against their closest allies, took all of their pieces, and gave them a samadhi that forced them to sit out during the next Temple Mission only to send them to Temple again against their only other ally.
- Character Development: When she got Monroe for a partner, Bryanah didn't want him and it looked like they would fall apart; however, she learned to work with him.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Lindi and Nicole really did not like Bryannah, so they thought that pairing her up with Monroe would make her an easy target. Unfortunately for them, he would be a force to be reckoned with in missions. They even won the first temple mission of the season with the samadhi against them.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: If the game "Out on a Limb" is any indication, Monroe is far tougher than his appearance lets on. Reese (who was showcasing quite an impressive display of muscles because of his shirt) was struggling throughout the entire ordeal while Monroe was casually looking at his competitors and was smiling and looked as if he was barely trying.
- Though, one cannot ignore the fact that in that sort of scenario, it was crucial to lock your arms within your legs to get the most out of the muscles. In this case, Monroe did that perfectly.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Monroe whenever he won a mission.
- The Smart Guy: Monroe
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Bryanah was the tomboy to Sarah, Nicole, and Lindi's girly girl, which caused conflict between the two groups.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Final team afflicted with the Three-Temple Curse.
Purple TeamReece Bors and Sarah Baker
- Chick Magnet: The primary reason Reece was spared from the Right to Stay was because he seemed to be cute.
- Pink Means Feminine: Sarah thought that the purple rope was Pink.
Brown TeamTom Maden and Vanetta Smith
- Back from Elimination: They did not survive the right-to-stay challenge, but in a Deus ex Machina, they were brought back.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Vanetta fell and cut her leg on some bamboo.
- The Load: When deciding Superteams, Yellow didn't pick them because they were relatively weaker than the other teams.
- And explains Vanetta in the mission afterward.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Vanetta hurt herself on some bamboo before the final-five Temple Mission.'
Red TeamKareem Nugent and Rachel Lofton
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Compared to the other members of their alliance, Kareem and Rachel were quieter.
Green TeamBjorn Leum and Alex Reid
- Tomboyish Name: Alex
- True Companions: They were the yellow team's best friends, even with everyone else against them.
Blue TeamAntonio Iannicelli and Willa Zhou
- Divided We Fall: They never got along.
- Mercy Kill: They were so dysfunctional as a team that Bryanah sent them to Temple just so they didn't have to deal with each other over the course of the season.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork
No TeamMarshall Katheder and Brandon Anderson;Taylor Madison and Eleanor Monahan
Endurance Tehachapi Contestants
Red TeamFranke Sisto and Erika Cook
- Action Girl: Erika, she was the reason why Red won their challenges.
- Brains and Brawn: Erika the brawn, Franke the brain.
- Color Motif: The only team to invoke this by choosing the Heart piece by because of its color.
- The Load: Franke, especially in Hang 5.
Purple TeamJonathan Lebowitz and Daniela Bustamonte
- Ascended Fanboy: Daniela
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Daniela was able to solve a puzzle-based Temple Mission in under a minute.
- The Power of Friendship: As J.D. pointed out, their friendship with the green team was a big reason why they made it to the finale.
- Purple Is Powerful
- Shoot the Dog: Gave the Samadhi to Green despite preferring to go to the finale with them.
Green TeamIsaac Hainley and Yesenia "Jeszie" Geronimo
- The Ace: They were in control throughout the game.
- Broken Ace: After winning three straight missions in a row, their teamwork deteriorated, which showed in challenges, and they were the first team eliminated in "Circle of Trust
- The Power of Friendship: Their alliance with the Purple Team, based on Isaac's friendship with Jonathan, propelled them both into the final three.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Jeszie's red to Isaac's blue.
- Spicy Latina: Jeszie
Blue TeamShea Thomas and Amelia Land
Orange TeamMichael Delvecchio and Kylie Glessman
- Younger Than They Look: Michael.
Yellow TeamChris Tavarez and Callie Simpkins
- Break the Haughty: Chris after losing to Erika
- History Repeats: A girl named Callie (but spelled differently） was placed on the yellow team on Endurance 2 and was eliminated by the eventual winners.
- One Steve Limit: See above.
Gray TeamJohn Kardian and Julie Dubela
No TeamNick Vederosa, Tucker Baer, and Keith Walker II;Brittany Harvey, Kendall Yorkey, and Brooke Bellows
Endurance High Sierras Contestants
Green TeamAlex Carignan and Cealey Godwin
- Defeating the Undefeatable: They eliminated Connor & Taylor at the Temple of Fate.
- Jerkass: Cealey had her moments...
- Jerkass with a Heart of Gold: When Taylor was eliminated, Cealey said she loved her.
- Number Two: To the purple Team, until the finale.
- 0% Approval Rating
Purple TeamDakota Fisher and Kelsey Schultz
- The Ace: They were in control the entire season.
- Gone Horribly Right: Putting Connor on the blue team was Dakota's idea. Unfortunately for him, the new blue team would be a force to be reckoned with to the point of being in control of the samadhi the entire season.
- No-Damage Run
- Purple Is Powerful
- Spiritual Successor: to season 1's blue team; if you look at both of teams' runs, the only difference is that the purple team did not win the game
- True Companions: With the green team, until the finale, that is
Blue TeamConnor Finnegan and Taylor Sico-McNulty
- The Ace: They won almost every Endurance Mission and were in control of the samadhi throughout the season.
- Broken Ace: They were frequently targeted by the major alliance.
- Drama Queen: One could make a drinking game with how often Taylor cried during the course of the season.
- Four Is Death: They would not survive their fourth trip to temple.
- Nice Guy: Connor was one of the nicest guys in the series. This came back to give him and Taylor a head start in the final Temple Mission.
- Beware the Nice Ones: However, Connor and Taylor gave the Samadhi to the Gray Team, their former teammates, so that they would remain safe. They would also give the Yellow Team Darci's strategy at the Temple of Fate, so that they would return.
- True Blue Femininity: Taylor wanted Blue when choosing colors.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: Averted; They broke the Three-Temple Curse.
Red TeamCameron Uranick and Aeriel Miranda
Orange TeamMax McFarland and Kristine Turner
Yellow TeamAric Manthley and Lilly Brown
- Huge Schoolgirl: Lilly
Gray TeamIsaac "Ike" Moody and Darci Miller
- All of the Other Reindeer
- Meganekko: Darci
- The Worsening Curse Color: Last Gray Team Curse to be afflicted with the curse before the Gray Team was discontinued in Season Six.
Colorless TeamGarret Manno and Anna Nti Asare
- The Odd Couple
- Younger Than They Look: Garret just turned 13 when the season started filming.
- Zero Percentage Approval Rating: Garret was the one person nobody wanted for a partner.
No TeamAdrian Bardales and Rafael Liriano;Martina Iwala and Stefanie Fernandez
Endurance Fiji Contestants
Blue TeamBen Scheuer and Jordyn Barbato
- Dark Horse Victory
- Weak, but Skilled: They worked well together but were physically weak. The only mission they won was the first half of double temple mission, a memory challenge.
Green TeamWill Cuddy and Leslie Powell
- The Ace: They were in control throughout most of the game.
- The Chessmaster: They lied about what was in the magic box to grant themselves fake immunity from Temple after the first Temple Mission, and they kept it a secret, even from their closest allies, until they went to Temple and used it against said allies.
Red TeamJonathan Young and Hannah Gross
- Born Unlucky: In the final temple mission
- Diabolus ex Machina: They got eliminated despite winning the final Temple Mission. See the Main page for more details.
- One Head Taller
Orange TeamCaleb Courtney and Lauren Dixon
- One Head Taller
- The Reveal: Their farewell letter revealed everything about their secret alliance with the green team and the lie about what was in the magic box.
- True Companions: They had a secret alliance with the green team until they got sent to Temple against each other and the green team used the magic box against them.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Caleb
Purple TeamConnor Konz and Jackie Wei
- Asian and Nerdy: Jackie wanted to proved she was more that some nerdy little Asian girl in her own words.
- Et Tu, Brute?:
- Girlish Pigtails
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: Their superior performance in the first temple mission caused them to become a target to the green and orange teams after the yellow team was eliminated.
- Weak, but Skilled: This was the reason why they got targeted.
Yellow TeamKyle Curtis and Briana Vega
- All of the Other Reindeer: Briana's refusal to have Kyle as her partner gotten her team ostracized for their entire game.
- Drama Queen: Briana.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Briana was shocked when Orange gave sent her & Kyle to an automatic team.
- Nice Hat: Kyle's jester hat.