Endurance was a teen reality competition that lasted six seasons - from 2002 to 2007. Sixteen to twenty teenagers aged 12 to 15 would be placed in a remote location and compete in various missions as mixed gender teams of two for a grand prize trip.
Before that, there was also Moolah Beach in 2001, which is indexed here as well.
This show provides examples of the following:
- A House Divided: The teams in Season 2 had mixed reactions to the inclusion of the brown team. This split the teams into two opposing alliances: those who wanted the brown team gone because they didn't want to play against people who have already played Endurance before, and those who didn't mind playing against them.
- Back From Elimination: There was a twist during Hawaii in which the six competitors who lost the Right to Stay challenge were brought back. They then competed against each other in another challenge. The winner of this challenge got to pick their partner from the three losers of the opposite gender, and the two reentered the game as the brown team.
- Color-Coded Armies: The teams when they are created - they wear predominantly team-colored clothing.
- Diabolus ex Machina: In Tehachapi and High Sierras, a team that came in last in the Endurance Mission would automatically be send to Temple unless they won the Temple Mission. Neither team overcame this obstacle.
- Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: The Temple of Fate is this essentially - fire burns wood, wood floats on water, water puts out fire.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Max & Jenna (season 1's gray team) were voted by their castmates to be put into season 2 because of their misinformation about what The Temple of Fate was, which made them the first team to be eliminated. Nevertheless, they ended up winning season 2.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: There were more than a few mismatched teams who didn't get along. Notable examples include the green team from Season 1, the blue team and the orange team from Hawaii, and the original blue team from ''High Sierras".