The characters in the Devil Bear
open/close all folders
The titular "Devil Bear", and main character of the comic. He is the current ruler of Teddy Bear Hell, where sinful teddies go when they die. Formerly, he was Justice Bear of the Virtue Bears, until he got annoyed at their attitude towards a girl called Ursa and quit.
Aides to the Devil Bear. They are patterned after the Seven Deadly Sins
, and often accompany him on his adventures. Their job usually involves torturing the residents of Teddy Bear Hell.Tropes that apply to the Daivas in general:
The Daiva of Lust and for a while, Gluttony.
The most active of the Daivas, and Bearalzebub's most trusted companion.
The Daiva of Sloth
. Lounges around and falls asleep at a whim, much to the chagrin of Lucy. Developing a little pot belly as a result.
Ipso and Facto
The Daivas of Envy
, respectively. They are identical twins that are never seen apart, and act as Bearalzebub's lawyers.
The newest Daiva of Gluttony
. New to the concept of being a Daiva, and can be said to be the protege of Lucy Fur. Replaces both Lucy and the deceased Sinnamon in this role.
- Affably Evil
- The Chick
- Lethal Chef: Subverted. She's supposed to be this when she's punishing the Teddies, but we haven't seen he do anything bad culinary-wise yet.
- Punny Name\Stealth Pun: Cayenne peppers are hot, and so is she and the place she works. Bonus points for her actually turning red the longer she stays in Hell, which is a cartoony reaction to eating a pepper.
- Rite of Passage: She's sprayed with condiments by the other Daivas, who spout the appropriate puns to go with them.
- Supreme Chef: To Bearalzebub
- Token Good Teammate: She's the friendliest Daiva, right down to snuggling some refugee mutant Teddy Bears in bed with her. D'awww.
- Turns Red: When she becomes a Daiva, but only in the literal sense.
The Daiva of Wrath
. She was sealed in a block of ice until a foolish Poquebear released her, causing her to unleash hell on...well, Hell and attempt to murder the other Daivas
. In addition to that, she is also the reason why Bearalzebub left the Justice Bears.
- Berserk Button: Puns, the presence of any other Daiva besides herself, and learning that Lucy attempted to replace Sinnamon after she went through all the trouble of killing the latter in the first place.
- The Big Guy
- The Chessmaster: Blew up an entire island of Poquebears so that they would end up flooding Hell. She also keeps the jewel that enslaved Mo and notes how she is helpless under its power.
- Green-Eyed Monster
- Hero Killer: The comic begins with one of the Daivas already Killed Off for Real, thanks to her.
- Hypocritical Humor: She claims that one of her dislikes is puns, but ends up using puns out the wazoo whenever she attacks somebody.
- Omnicidal Maniac: She has no qualms about killing in huge numbers, see The Chessmaster above.
- Pet the Dog: Mo views Ursa freeing her from her enslavement as this. Ursa actually couldn't care less and actually makes a mental note of the jewel that was used to render her powerless.
- Pungeon Master: Averted, at first. claims to hate puns, and uses it as a reason to imprison Pandatchoo. When she is later seen, she will spout several as she's on the attack.
- Punny Name\Meaningful Name: Ursa = Bear, which is also the patron animal for the deadly sin of Wrath. She was also made an honorary member of the Justice Bears before they ousted her as being a hopeless cause.
- Sealed Evil In a Block Of Ice
- Sixth Ranger\Sixth Ranger Traitor: The comic seems to be setting her up to eventually become the latter.
- Tranquil Fury: Porbably because of the Only Six Faces syndrome the comic suffers from, she appears really calm when she's unleashing hell on people.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: She is responsible for Justice Bear defecting and becoming the new ruler of Hell.
- The Worf Effect: Aeshmodella taking her down is a sign that she is a significant threat.
- Yandere: Devil Bear is her bear, and no other Daiva will ever come between them, or else.
The Daiva of Vanity
. She is the newest member of Bearalzebub's Daivas but was originally the Daiva of the original Devil Bear, and thus the one with the most experience on the team.
- All Therein The Manual: Bearalzebub renames her because her name is too long and hard to pronounce, but you will only know her name is now "Mo" if you read the Character Bios.
- Big Sister Mentor: Lucy plans to have her use her past experiences to help the Daivas.
- Costume Porn: Compared to the other Daivas, her bio features her wearing a very elaborate dress.
- Dragon with an Agenda: She isn't exactly scheming against Bearalzebub, but is last seen ripping her former boss' remains from the Fabric of Time and hiding it from everyone, possibly foreshadowing a desire to return him to life.
- Meaningful Name\Punny Name: Aeshmodella. See "Costume Porn" above. She is also the Daiva with the most experience, which makes her a role model.
- Meaningful Rename: Inverted, Bearalzebub renames her because her name is too long and hard to pronounce.
- Sixth Ranger: The last Daiva to join the fold.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Explains to a downed Ursa that her loyalties lie with Bearlial, and she will do anything to bring him back for good.
- Special Snowflake Syndrome: Unlike the others, she has light purple skin and longer horns.
Sinnamon The original Daiva of Gluttony, before she was killed by Ursula.