Characters: Black Dynamite
open/close all folders
Played By: Michael Jai White
- Afro Asskicker
- Angry Black Man
- Awesome McCoolname
- Bad Ass
- Badass Longcoat
- Badass Mustache: That he has had since he was EIGHT YEARS OLD!!
- Berserk Button: BD is rather touchy about being interrupted. He also doesn't handle orphans hooked on drugs very well.
- Boring Invincible Hero / Comically Invincible Hero: Played with, as Black Dynamite easily defeats almost everyone that tries to attack him. In fact, the only one who came remotely close to defeating him in the film is Richard Nixon. That is, until a certain former president Abraham Lincoln's ghost intervenes in the battle.
- The Comically Serious
- Fighting with Chucks
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: The Melancholic.
- Gag Penis: It extends just below his knee...
- Kiai: Black Dynamite bellows out a kiai whenever he throws a strike. "SUUUUUEEEYYY!!" In the animated series, this borders on Verbal Tic.
- One-Man Army: BD is deservingly described as this.
- Only Sane Man: In that BD is far more effective at fighting The Man than everyone else, not because he is actually more sane than everyone else.
- Perpetual Frowner: Black Dynamite wears a stoic, badass expression no matter what he's doing.
Black Dynamite: I am smiling.
- Subverted in a scene in the movie where he talks about how much the community's been cleaned up after taking down all the dealers in a very upbeat tone of voice, and a bright smile on his face. He then stares at the camera and promptly frowns again.
- Sociopathic Hero: Black Dynamite displays shades of this, particularly when he drops the drug kingpin's car with a helicopter, killing him, and laughs uncontrollably. All the way home. His next target's home.
- Also, in Taxes and Death after the Movie Producer is killed by the falling sign.
Black Dynamite: BURN, HOLLYWOOD, BURN!! Ha ha, get it!? BURN!! Hy-sterical.
- Third-Person Person: He has shades of this.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: While Black Dynamite was never the most delicate cat in the 'hood, he's a lot more aggressive in the cartoon than he was in the movie.
- Weapon of Choice: BD prefers magnum revolvers and nunchaku.
Played By: Byron Minns
- Chick Magnet
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: The Choleric.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: On "Bullhorn Nights or Murder She Throats," it's revealed that Bullhorn's family favored Ringo Mandingo over him because Ringo had a Gag Penis...and that his family often made Ringo dance for money while ignoring Bullhorn (even when Bullhorn came home with a perfect report card, a random man told him, "Ah, nobody care about yo' grades," and Bullhorn's mom tells him to get some money from his piggybank for Ringo).
- Rhymes on a Dime: Bullhorn apparently picked up the habit (and his mustache) from his mother.
Played By: Tommy Davidson