open/close all folders
- Fountain of Memes: Black Dynamite, full stop.
"Haha! I threw that shit before I walked in the the room!"
- Memetic Mutation:
- "But Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community!"
- Dyno-mite, Dyno-mite!
- One-Scene Wonder: The doctor who treats Black Dynamite's bullet wounds; as they note in the commentary, Paul Hayes played the role much like a square 70's character actor more suited to detergent commercials than blaxploitation (Michael Jai White even compares him to Mr. Whipple), and the contrast between him and the cool-as-a-cucumber BD makes the scene even more absurd.
- Vindicated by Cable: The movie was a flop in theaters but got a lot of notice through DVD and the Starz network and had an animated adaptation on [adult swim].
The Animated Series
- Harsher in Hindsight: "Sweet Bill's Badass Singalong Song (or Bill Cosby Ain't Himself)" premiered shortly before Bill Cosby's date rape accusations started up again.
- Memetic Mutation: The ninja's hilarious metaphorgotten speech seems to be heading this way.
Head Ninja In Charge: Ninjas do wrong to each other sometimes, and in that way, the force of the earth comes around the moon, and at that presence, the dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you like "I can't cut this grass; there's no sun coming through." So in order to enable each other, the two fruits have to look each other in the eye, understand we can only be ripe as the ripe is wrong. You know what I mean?