Trivia: Black Dynamite
open/close all folders
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Arsenio Hall agreed to a cameo when he saw the script had a character called "Captain Kangaroo Pimp."
- Hey, It's That Guy!: A plethora, including Cedric Yarbrough as Chocolate Giddy-Up and Nicole Sullivan (from the original cast of MADtv) as Pat Nixon.
- Throw It In: Deliberately parodying the tendency of Blaxploitation films to do this. An example includes a Mook whose car door gets stuck on a curb, and later another Mook forgets to put the brakes on his car while getting out to shoot. In the DVD extras, they explain that the latter was an actual error, not an intentional "error". Naturally, they kept it in.
- Viral Marketing: FightSmackInTheOrphanage.org, "because orphans don't have parents."
The Animated Series
- Actor Allusion: Samuel L. Jackson as an ocean expert who gets eaten in the middle of a speech during "Black Jaws"
- Hey, It's That Voice!
- Busta Rhymes is the Head Ninja In Charge.
- Snoop Dogg is Leroy Van Nuys.
- Eddie Griffin as Richard Pryor.
- Tommy Davidson (from the original 1990s cast of In Living Color!) as Cream Corn
- J.B. Smoove (a former SNL writer and occasional bit player from 2003 to 2005note . He also had a recurring role on the FOX sitcom, Til Death) is That Frog Kurtis and That Bastard Kurtis.
- Arsenio Hall reprises his role of Tasty Freeze in a few episodes.
- Mel B (Scary Spice) and Erykah Badu are the voices of Connie Lingus and Fatback Taffy respectively, as two briefly ascended whores in Black Dynamite's stable.
- Chance the Rapper is the voice of Bob Marley in "How Honeybee Got Her Groove Back".
- John DiMaggio as John Wayne Gacy.
- Phil LaMarr (from Futurama, Static Shock, Samurai Jack, Pulp Fiction, and MA Dtv) as Muhammad Ali
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Soul Train host Don Cornelius.