Characters: Adamant Ditto
Adamant Ditto is a collaboration between thirteen close internet friends. They Let's Play a huge variety of games. There are many tropes about them, but this page is for member specific tropes. WORK IN PROGRESS
open/close all folders
The Main 7
Matt is one of the founding members of Adamant Ditto and has been gaming since the age of three. He’s a big fan of everything from Mario to Sonic to Twisted Metal. He handles a lot of the editing, uploading and technical stuff for the group and is always anxious to see where the road takes us. He also sometimes brings his beautiful girlfriend, Carissa, along with him even though she doesn't like video games all that much. She is his future after all so better break her in somehow! Turn-ons include long walks on the beach and pancakes. Turn-offs include Yanma, Sonic Chronicles and Eggman Nega.
- Bash Brothers:
- Usually with Ricky in platformers or Don in beat em' ups.
- With Phil in Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
- The Hero: In the Five-Man Band.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Ricky.
- No Indoor Voice: Because it's BEAT EM' UP MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONTH!!!!!!!
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Tim and, to a lesser extent, Ricky.
Ricky is a founding member of Adamant Ditto and has been drawing and gaming since before he can remember. He loves a good platformer, RPG, fighter, racer, or whatever. He drew up the wonderfully silly Adamant Ditto group art and used to write game reviews.
- The Big Guy: In the Five-Man Band
- Badass / Butt Monkey: Swings back and forth. Put on a pretty good show for Mega Man 1-6, but ended up "humilimated" by Mega Man 7. Flattened Sonic 3 and Knuckles beneath his heel, but was bent over a table and spanked by Sonic 2.
- Childhood Friends: With Kyle and Viper.
- Gasshole: A small running gag throughout Paper Mario: TTYD, he would burp and then blame it on everyone else. Hilarity Ensues when someone else burps.Jess: (burp) Excuse me.Ricky: Hey, that actually wasn't me...Josh: RICKY!!!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Matt.
- Passing the Torch: After playing Mega Man 1-7 and X, handed Don the reigns for Mega Man 8 and X2-4.
- Shout-Out: One of his usernames is Epic Ricky.
- Tongue Twister: Has a habit of making "Verbal Typos," as he calls them. To wit;"This boss is really easy, if you have the buttle- buttle? Buttle Shield.""And I just lost my rings on the emerald, anyway. Emerald? Penguin!"(re: Lt. Surge) "It'll be a big help against Zurg. Zurg? Wow."(re: Bit and Byte) "But you already bit Beat and Byte!""Kyle humilimated... humiliated me...""...as you explore this amoosement - amusement park...""I mean, Hojo was trying to breed Red XIII with Eight Sith... Eight Sith?""...is the only one who you can't somehow genurate... genurate?""Yeah, but... that's a wordful! A mouthful...""Yeah, the locket r... the locket raunched, man!""Somebody is, like, turnin' the cam...non... back on... That's bad. The camnon? Please, nobody call me out on that one.""He destroyed Rount Mushroar!"
Kyle is a college grad and can’t get anyone to let him put his BA to good use. He grew up close enough to L.A. to say he grew up in L.A. and never owned a video game system until the Gamecube. He met Ricky in the 6th grade and everyone else online, though he had Matt over for Anime Expo ‘08. Today, he lives in Mississippi, his favorite movie is The Terminator and his favorite game is Trauma Center: Under the Knife for the Nintendo DS.
- A Day in the Limelight: In ;;Pokémon Yellow and Pokemon Puzzle League Challenge''.
- Badass: Beat the Pokémon Yellow Elite Four despite being severly underleveled.
- Berserk Button: His eyes turn red if you mention Angry Birds.
- Childhood Friends: With Ricky and Viper.
- Hypocritical Humor: See picture quote.
- The Smart Guy: In the Five-Man Band.
- Shout-Out: Has a Pokemon Showdown team based on Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.
- Straight Man
- Troll: In the Portal 2 Co-op.
- The Watson
Don is a troll yet he likes to be blunt and keep it real. His humor can be off-putting, but it’s all in good fun. Don isn’t the most articulate individual; his vernacular comprises of bombs, female canines, and human waste. Although Don wasn’t among the originators of Adamant Ditto, he has handled most of the technical and graphical aspects behind the scenes. Currently, Don is working on a degree in Computer Simulation and Game Development. Don has a wide variety of taste in video games and his favorites include Link’s Awakening DX, God Hand, and Catherine. His other hobbies include drawing, being a pirate, watching streams, and reading message boards. Plus, he fights for his friends.
- Asian and Nerdy
- The Lancer: In the Five-Man Band
- Shout-Out: Two of his Pokemon Showdown teams are based on The Avengers and Street Fighter.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chocolate.
While not a founding member of Adamant Ditto, Jess has been with the group for a long time and loves participating in the videos. She likes many types of video games, namely platformers, puzzles, and RPGs. Her first console was the SEGA Genesis and her favorite games are NiGHTS into Dreams, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
- A Day in the Limelight: Her Halloween playthrough of Slender The Eight Pages.
- Berserk Button: Hates the Pokemon Gothitelle, and often wants to set it on fire.
- Characterization Marches On: In the earlier videos, Jess didn't say much and laughed a lot. This may have led to her username, Quiet Jess. However, in more recent videos, Jess has a lot more to say and doesn't laugh as much (granted, she still does laugh a lot).
- The Chick: In the Five-Man Band due to The Smurfette Principle.
- Only Sane Man: When she's not dying of laughter.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Carissa and Viper's girly girl.
Josh is not a founding member of Adamant Ditto. He enjoys a variety of games, which include RPGs, Platformers, Racers, Fighters, and Party Fighters. His favorite game of all Time is Final Fantasy IX, and he’ll always make you aware of it. He’s a pretty good spriter too, and very dedicated to his projects! Just look at his Pokemon Project! He’s been at it since 2006, and is actually pretty far along with it. His jokes are very hit-or-miss, but when he hits, he’s the funniest of us all!
- Chick Magnet: Managed to "attract" Matt's girlfriend.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Uses it quite often.
- The Faceless: The only member who hasn't shown their face in a video.
- Funny Afro
- Phrase Catcher: Usually when Ricky says, "Oh shit, son!" he'll finish with "It's the SAX!" or "NOVA blows up!", referencing two past Let's Plays.
- Pun: Uses these often as well.
- Running Gag: ...what does this have to do with Fossil Fighters?
- Team Pet: In the Five-Man Band.
Phil is the [self-proclaimed] baddest son of a bitch that ever lived, but the only evidence he presents to support this theory are that he’s British and likes video games. Living across the ocean from the rest of the Adamant Ditto crew, he doesn’t show up all that often - but when he does, you can rest assured that things will be at least 20% more Kebab-y than usual.
- A Day in the Limelight: In Street Fighter X Mega Man and Parappa The Rapper
- The Ace: According to the other AD members, he is the best at video games in general.
- Awesome Mc Coolname / Red Baron: Mad Phil, the Thrill of the Kill, Psycho Sykes Doominator
- Some Call Me Tim: ...Also known as Rogultgot.
- Badass: Self proclaimed. See picture quote.
- Bash Brothers: With Matt in Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
- British Accents
- Catch Phrase: "I'm the best, mang," or something along those lines.
- Also, "Please help."
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Yells at everyone in LittleBigPlanet to get in a stationary car. When everyone gets in, he utters a small "Vroom, vroom."
That is a solid 9/10.
- Does a review of Fire Emblem Awakening based solely on smelling the case, game card, manual, etc.
- Just watch any video on his channel to prove this.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Large Ham
- Precision F-StrikeRicky: (after talking about Australian stereotypes) It's a good thing we have so many Australian fans.Matt: Do we have any?Ricky: I don't actually know.Phil: ...Fuck 'em.
- Running Gag: Whenever he gets a Star (or Bowser Key) in Super Mario 64, he pulls up a GIF of Snoop Dogg.
- Sixth Ranger: In the Five-Man Band. The only member that got upgraded from guest to main member.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Kebabs.
Steven is a workaholic, illustrator, and animator. He's always working on something. From Louisville Kentucky, but went to school and now lives in Indianapolis Indiana; he has a bachelor's in Media Arts and Animation. When he's not goofing off with the Adamant Ditto crew, he's probably making something for his own channel Stev Ray Bro.
- Ascended Extra: Had one moment to shine with a single review of Cartoon Punch Time Explosion.
- Non-Action Guy
- One Extra Member
- Starving Artist
- Too Much Information: Have you seen him talk about his Beardie Dragon's pooping habits on twitter?
Tim is a phantom of Adamant Ditto who appears once in a blue moon. His hobbies include the usual things of playing video games, drawing, and writing other various stuff. His favorite games are pretty much everything in the Mario and Kirby franchises to the point of obsession, the Pokemon franchise, Kid Icarus Uprising, and strangely Pac-Man 2 for SNES. Whenever he appears, expect him to be rude and very incomprehensible.
- The Chew Toy
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Pet the Dog: Throughout Kirby's Epic Yarn, he constantly annoys Matt to get unlock a secret level where you can fight Space Kracko. Matt ignores him, and skips over that part of the game. Eventually, Matt went back and unlocked all the secret levels, one of was the Space Kracko level. Tim's reaction is priceless.
- Non-Action Guy
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Matt.
David is a writer and theoretical satirist who lives in Florida/New York/Massachusetts/Along the eastern seaboard. Though he's known to play a current-gen game when it strikes his fancy, you can usually find him sifting through boxes at the local thrift store for retro stuff. When the planets align on a clear Leap Day at 8:13 pm sharp, his horrible computer may let him join in on the AD conversation, but he's usually stuck doing some boring real-world crap you should pity him for.
Carissa is Matt’s lovely girlfriend who shows up from time to time and even plays some games with the group. Though not much of a gamer herself, she likes to be involved with things enjoys and he likely tries to get her involved more than she does. When it comes to games she does enjoy, she can likely kick your butt at Tetris and is also quite good at other puzzle games like Bejeweled and Puzzle Bobble. Her favorite game series of all time is The Sims and if that game could be beat, she probably would have done a LTTA of it already. She might be quiet in the videos but don’t let it fool you, when the topic switches to something she loves, like movies or Sims, she has a lot to say.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Jess and Viper's tomboy.
Viper was around when Adamant Ditto was founded, but had a lot going on in her life and couldn't keep up with the awesome that was happening. As a California native, she went to high school with Ricky and Kyle, and later befriended everyone else via the wonderful world of Skype. Viper is the girly-est nerd on the planet, and has been gaming since she had a Sega Genesis in pre-school. Some of her favorite games include Paper Mario, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenosaga, and Minecraft. She also enjoys pretty princess ponies and long walks on the beach.
- Childhood Friends: With Ricky and Kyle.
- Only Known by Their Nickname
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Jess's tomboy, the tomboy to Carissa's girly girl.
AmandaThe latest member of Adamant Ditto, Don's girlfriend.
- Action Duo: With Don in Metal Slug 3.
- Ascended Fangirl
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: When it comes to cookies.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Made a cameo in Left 4 Dead 2 and appeared in a lot of their streams before she appeared on the channel. She was in a couple of Pokemon Battles, but didn't consider herself a member of AD until her LTTA of Metal Slug 3 with Don.
- Genki Girl
Disco OmastarAfter noticing the Omastar sprite in Pokémon Red and Blue (and all games after), Adamant Ditto made Disco Omastar a running gag.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Sure, he dances around and has a good time, but you have to remember. Omastar have the highest Special Attack of all Rock types and non-legendary Water types.
- Dance Battler
- Everything's Funkier with Disco
- Lethal Joke Character
- Once an Episode: In each of the Pokemon spriting episodes, they have to check if Omastar is dancing. He is. Always.
- Team Pet: Kind of. He's the "second mascot," behind Ditto, of course.