Awesome Music / League of Legends
For a free game, League of Legends sure has a lot of Awesome Music
- The theme of the long awaited Pulsefire Ezreal.
- Battlecast Prime Cho'gath, a song worthy of a Final Boss.
- Gatekeeper Galio's Ominous Latin Chanting.
- Spirit Guard Udyr, mixing all the best elements of the Freljord music into one epic piece.
- The Pool Party skin set came out with this jazzy little number.
- Super Galaxy Rumble Theme, which contains epicness and screams Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
- When Riot decided to give an ultimate skin to the resident musician, they recruited six big EDM names to give DJ Sona not one, not two, but three pieces of electronic ear candy. First are the hard-hitting beats of dubstep-like "Concussive" with Bassnectar x Renholder, then the chill atmospheric vibes of "Ethereal" with Nosaj Thing x Pretty lights, and finally the floor breaking "Kinetic" with The Crystal Method x Dada Life complete with turn table animation.
- PROJECT: Yi, the theme of the Legendary skin of the same name and the PROJECT skins as a whole, which is a beautiful mix of Drumstep and small parts with classical instruments.
- Mecha Zero Sion's theme is a menacing, mechanical piece with some train-like sounds mixed into the piece, as befits the pain train machine.
- Draven Day, which takes Draven's already kick-ass theme, and turns it into a metal remix for April Fools 2016.
- Dark Star Thresh is a haunting, menacing theme filled with Psycho Strings and shrill noises, fitting the Spacetime Eater Eldritch Abomination that is Dark Star Thresh.
- Welcome to Summoner's Rift! Unassuming and wholesome, the ambient music that everyone has listened to at least once. The long awaited update to SR came with this login theme.
- The New Twisted Treeline. Set in the Shadow Isles, the music captures the darkness of the land perfectly. The old Treeline's piece is still creepy but retains the light-hearted nature of the original game.
- The Crystal Scar Theme. The music synchronizes with the action of the game, changing the tune whenever a point is captured, a quest is completed or when nearing the end.
- The Freljord Music. All of it.
- Starting with the Avarosan's Theme, a calm and soothing theme, exemplifying Ashe's quest for peace and prosperity. As the largest and richest tribe, the Avarosan control the fertile lands of Freljord and they share their goods freely with allied tribes.
- Following afterwards is the Winter's Claw. Sejuani's tribe and by far the most warlike. The spirited, uplifting and dramatic theme reflects Sejuani's traditional Freljordian views and her allies' readiness to wage war.
- And ending with the Frostguard, Lissandra's tribe. The song reflects Lissandra's and the Frostguard's decieving and insidious nature, and her tenuous alliance with Trundle and his tribe. The Frostguard and their leader hide behind a mask of benevolence and seniority, while they plot to overtake Freljord through Trundle's army and bring back their Frozen Watchers.
- The Butcher's Bridge Theme. A surprisingly upbeat tune that gets you ready for a fun, pirate-themed ARAM romp.
- The game's main theme, A Champion Approaches. As the Draft Pick pre-game music, any person who plays Ranked knows this piece very well. It got turned into a short, yet still lovely and epic theme for 2013 Snowdown.
- The April Fool's 2013 joke, Cho'Gath Eats The World, included this 8-bit rendition of the League theme.
- The Astro Teemo theme. Pump that Teemo techno.
- The Season 2 World Championship Opening Ceremony was about as epic as you'd think.
- When the third competitive season began, we were given this orchestral piece to get us pumped for it.
- For the Season 3 World Championship, Riot presented us with "Hybrid Worlds", combining a thrilling orchestral section with epic guitar riffs from none other than Wes Borland.
- And then there's the Opening Ceremony for the Grand Finals, featuring live performances of "Hybrid Worlds" and "The Purifier's Resolve" by the original artists!
- And then for S4 worlds... there is Warriors, signifying the epic battle for the S4 world cup, done by Imagine Dragons! Imagine Dragons proceeded to perform the song live at the World Finals.
- In order to celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup, there is a brand new login theme. It is sure to get your blood pumping for a good game!
- Do you remember the Pentakill band led by Karthus, Mordekaiser, Yorick, Olaf, and Sona? Well, Riot have released this piece of absolute metal goodness, "Lightbringer". Pentakill rises, people. Pentakill is finally real and it's rising. A full album named Smite and Ignite is going to be released on June the 3rd, with all songs named after in-game items. They have since released "Deathfire Grasp" and "Ohmwrecker", providing us with MOAR METAL GOODNESS!
- Warriors, the 2014 League of Legends World Championship theme. Crosses over into Moment of Awesome as it's done by Imagine Dragons. Anyone who's tried to get better at League understands exactly what the lyrics mean.
Here we are, don't turn away now, We are the warriors that built this town.Here we are, don't turn away now, We are the warriors that built this town. From Dust.
- Welcome to Planet Urf. U.R.F. is back baby! The return of the beloved game mode was brought back in style with this hard hitting tune.
- And then for the 2015 World Championship, we get Worlds Collide by Nicki Taylor. The lyrics are pretty much a sequel to Warriors.
We are the ones, To ignite the darkened skies. The champions, Of a world that we defy. A solemn reign, Of the few who rise up high. And we all fight, at the last light.
- The music used for the login screen at the start of season six is seriously epic. A great orchestra, a grandiose choir, fantastic tension and a great build-up.