Zedd (born Anton Zaslavski in 1989) is an Electronic Music producer and DJ. Initially a classically trained pianist, he became interested in electro as a teenager after hearing the Cross album by Justice. He got his start in the electronic scene when he won two different Beatport remix contests; his first original release, "The Anthem", broke into the Beatport Electro house Top 20. His remix of Skrillex's "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" broke into the Beatport Electro House Top Ten charts, coming to rest at number 2. His career has included not only his own original material, but several remixes, collaborations, and producing music for other artists including Lady Gaga, Skrillex, Justin Bieber, and more. His music is primarily Electro House with touches of Dubstep.Not to be confused with the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers villain.
Tropes applying to Zedd's work:
- Child Prodigy: He has been playing piano since the age of nine.
- Genre Roulette: For the most part, he produces Electro House with touches of dubstep, but has incorporated classical music, pop and progressive house into his music.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: We can assume Zedd is this with Joel.
- Rock Me, Amadeus!: Did a remix of "In the Hall of the Mountain King" called Doveregubben
- Title Track: Clarity.
- Word Salad Lyrics: Clarity. "If our love is insanity, why are you my clarity?" and this is definitely no clarity in meaning at all.