Awesome: The Powerpuff Girls
The Powerpuff Girls Movie Blossom
- The girls' first battle with Princess. After Princess takes out two of the three super heroes, the camera does a Circling Monologue as she taunts Blossom, who stands there in silent Tranquil Fury, effortlessly dodges her next powerful energy blast by moving nothing but her head, and defends herself in a fast-paced one-on-one battle before destroying Princess' supersuit with her ice breath.
Princess: (crying) Why won't you let me be a Powerpuff Girl?Blossom: Because... you're just a spoiled brat. And being a Powerpuff Girl isn't about getting your way, or having the best stuff, or being popular or powerful. It's about using your own unique abilities to help people and the world we all live in. And you, little girl, have done nothing worthy of the name Powerpuff.
- Followed by Blossom's "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Princess Morbucks:
- Her response to Major Glory's Stay in the Kitchen speech in "Members Only":
Major Glory: This is the Association of World Super Men! You're little girls. We are the men! The protectors, the hunters, the fighters, and the show-offs, and the noisemakers! You are little girls! You should be at home with your mommy learning how to cook and clean and... blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-whatever women stuff. So leave the superheroics to the supermen!Blossom: (completely sincerely) Why?
- At the start of "The Powerpuff Girls Rule" Blossom stops a missile from Mojo Jojo's robot in mid-fire, stands there holding it in place, and non-chalantly asks their Arch-Enemy when he's going to learn that his Evil Plans will always blow up in his face. Cue the missile blowing up in his face. Burned!
- The last part of "Not So Awesome Blossom". After Blossom lost her confidence and being incompetent in the whole episode, she managed to get herself back by saving her sisters and the professor's life from Mojo with one fast plan.
- It was nice to see Bubble Take a Level in Badass in "Bubblevicious," for a while, at least.
- Getting a monster to leave Townsville in one episode just by asking pretty please with sugar on top.
Bubbles: There, THAT'S HOW YOU GET RID OF A MONSTER, YOU BIG, FAT, DOO-DOO HEADED NINNIES!
- Best part? After it left, going back to tell Blossom and Buttercup to suck it.
- Also doubles as a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- The entirety of "Bubble Boy". Despite slipping up several times during the episodes, getting Brick suspicious of her, she not only manages to fool Brick and Butch into believing she's Boomer, but also eventually gets them caught in the Professor's containment ray.
- In "Los Dos Mojos", Bubbles kicking the crap out of Mojo at the end of the episode is pretty damn awesome.
- Bubbles was forced to wear these really thick glasses. She vaporized the Monster of the Week because the glasses magnified her optic beam into a size that would make Cyclops moan with envy.
- Overcoming her fear of the Boogie Man and taking out the giant disco ball blocking the sun Star Wars style
- Buttercup gets whole montages of CMsoA in "Down n' Dirty" and "Cover Up".
- Her refusal to give up in "The Boys Are Back In Town", which leads her to uncover the Rowdyruff Boys' weakness after injuring one of them for pretty much the first time in the entire episode.
- When you take in the reason why she was able to injure one of the Boys, it doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming. The girls have been at the end of a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown for nearly half the episode, and then the Rowdyruffs proceed to take it onestep further by going out of their way to completely humiliate Bubbles. Despite her injuries, Buttercup just takes in one second of seeing Bubbles in complete tears and SNAPS. Word to the wise: You. Do. NOT. Hurt. Her. Sisters!
- Beating the crap out of the Gangreen Gang at the end of "Buttercrush".
- After going a bit too far on Fuzzy Lumpkins, she takes to The Shangri-La to learn some restraint. In the next battle, she delivers exactly the amount of force required.
- "Power-Noia": Conquering her fear of spiders was one, but the highlight of the episode was beating the crap out of Him. Note that before this episode, the worst thing the girls did to Him was draw butterfly wings on him.
- In the Christmas special, after all three girls have been taken out by the now equally powerful Princess via a giant self-made ice sculpture, she takes one last look back to taunt the heroes... then Buttercup proceeds to bean Princess smack in the face with a snowball, sending her out of the air and crashing into the earth below!
Princess: Hey? How'd you like my stocking stuffer?! (suddenly gets hit in the face with Buttercup's snowball)Buttercup: Stuff that!
- The girls' "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Femme Fatale right before beating her easily, as they point out that as Straw Feminists go, she really sucks.
Buttercup: Once upon a time, women weren't allowed to do much of anything.Bubbles: Susan B. Anthony knew that was wrong.Blossom: In 1872, she broke the law by voting. And even though she was found guilty, the feds wanted to go easy on her.All 3 Girls: Because she was a girl.Blossom: And not send her to jailButtercup: Susan B. Anthony didn't want special treatment. She wanted to be treated equally.Bubbles: She demanded that she be sent to jail, just like any man who broke the law.Blossom: And that's exactly what we're going to do to you. (throws an Anthony coin square at Fatale's forehead; cue smackdown)
- In "Monkey See, Doggie Two", after Mojo Jojo confidently gloats about his New and Improved plan involving the Anubis head.
Mojo Jojo: So, Powerpuffs, now that you have seen these precautions, what do you plan to do?Blossom: (completely deadpan) We're gonna kick your butt.
- The climax of "See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey". Mostly from having them sing one of the best songs in the episode filled with Crowning Music of Awesome. As well as shrugging off an Agony Beam that took their powers away earlier in the episode.
- The part of the Chase Scene in the Christmas special when they all get ahead of Princess, who now has all their general powers, in a race to the North Pole by using their individual powers. Blossom's ice breath, Bubbles' sonic scream, and Buttercup turning into a tornado.
- "FURIOUS FLAMING FELINE!"
- The girls show up an entire league of male chauvinist superheroes in one episode-long CMoA.
- The girls beating the crap out of Mojo Jojo in "Candy is Dandy". After Mojo steals their candy, they break into his lair and deliver one of the most graphic beatdowns in the history of the show. The result leaves Mojo Jojo, one of the most prominent villains on the show, a black-and-purple smear on the floor.
- Then, it was Blossom who discovered to her horror what addiction to candy had done to her and her sisters, that they'd be willing to beat Mojo to a senseless pulp just to fulfill their candy jones.
- Going Papa Wolf on Mojo in "Powerprof", especially because the episode ends with the girls revealing this was a Batman Gambit to get him to let them fight crime on their own again, but neither they nor Mojo actually expected him to put up such a good fight.
- He gets another Papa Wolf moment in "Collect Her", when he leads the entire town in cornering Lenny Baxter into returning the girls—by tearing apart his toy collection right in front of him, and after Lenny has a catatonic breakdown, then gives him an awesome verbal lecture, all without even raising his voice.
- His, um, "speech" in "See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey". The girls had given up their powers in order to bring peace to Townsville once and for all, but the deal they'd made was sucking all of the individuality out of Townsville. Cue up "Freedom Beef", an extended metaphor about the citizens becoming little more than cattle waiting to be slaughtered.
- Also counts as some serious Crowning Music of Awesome
- His plan when the girls took advantage of his sleepwalking so he can steal stuff for them.
- This doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, but the Professor becomes a big hero when he (unexpectedly) saves the girls from Dick by telling them that he loves them, causing the clones to turn on Dick and killing him.
- The Rowdyruff Boys nearly manage to kill the girls in their debut episode. When the Girls come back they admit defeat.
- Him also gets a subtle moment of awesome during "Custody Battle", when he and Mojo try to one-up each other with evil deeds. This eventually lead to Him setting up a plan to sent Earth on a collision course with the Sun, dooming everyone to a fiery death. Mojo then turns to Him and starts a lengthy complaint about how that self-destructive deed was more stupid than evil. The sun gradually gets larger and brighter during all of this, and when it got dangerously close Him made a nonchalant "go away" gesture at it. The sun complied.
- "Speed Demon". After the girls beat Him down, he just gets up. It leads to the following exchange:
Blossom: You can never beat us!
- "Speed Demon". After the girls beat Him down, he just gets up. It leads to the following exchange:
- Mojo Jojo, at the end of "The Powerpuff Girls Rule", actually does Take Over the World... and makes it a better place! "FREE PUPPIES FOR EVERYONE!"
- You also have the episode Forced Kin. The entire episode revolves around Mojo being outed as the most evil in the universe by this strange alien robot who can effectively counter and subdue the Powerpuff Girls and bending all the people of Townsville to his will, all of which were Mojo's dreams. So what does he do? He goes berserk and starts thrashing the alien with every inch of his life. Let me repeat that this guy defeated the Powerpuff Girls' most powerful attacks and here's Mojo taking him down with Good Old Fisticuffs. The icing on the cake comes at the climax of the battle where Mojo takes out the hardened french bread he bought earlier and bashes the alien over the head with it. Then, Mojo, instead of choosing to destroy him, puts the giant thing in a submission hold. The dialogue below says it all:
Alien Robot: NO-OH-OH!!!Mojo Jojo: SAY IT!!! *Alien Robot still screaming with pain* SAY IIITTTTTT!!!Alien Robot: YOU ARE THE MOST EVILLLLL!!! *finally passes out from the pain*Mojo Jojo: And don't you forget it!
- Mojo Jojo once managed to throw all traffic in Townsville into a grinding halt... by being sentenced to community service as an English teacher and teaching everyone in town to speak exactly as he does. Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness is now a superpower.
- Princess has a brief one in "Meet The Beat Alls" when she gets both Mojo and Him to agree that her power of cash beats their high tech weapons and being evil incarnate.
- The episode "Telephonies" where the Gangreen Gang start impersonating the Mayor on the hotline to sic the girls on Mojo, Fuzzy, and Him while they're having days off. Once the three find out who's behind this, they gear up and burst into the office.
- The Gangreen Gang get one at the end of Aspirations. In the episode, the gang stole three Egyptian artifacts for Sedusa, which, combined, turned her into a super powered giantess. With her new power, she manages to beat the girls relatively easily... but when Ace asks what she plans to give them in return, she kicks them to the curb and reveals that she was just using them all along. This genuinely breaks Ace's heart and reduces Billy to a sobbing mess, so in an act of revenge, Ace tells the girls what the source of Sedusa's power is (it's her tiara). But the true crowning moment of the episode is the final scene, in which we see a bald, powerless Sedusa lying at Ace's feet, begging for his help. Ace's response?
- The entire Rogue Gallery smugly parading past the girls' house in "Daylight Savings", with Mojo as the drum major, all set to an awesome marching band style remix of Mojo's theme.
- "In See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey", the girls have been overwhelmed by the force of their entire Rogue Gallery (sans the Rowdyruff Boys), so the Gnome arrives and offers to rid the world from all evil in exchange for their powers. They accept... And the Gnome annihilates the villains in seconds, at the notes of Hear Me Fathers. Then he takes the powers of the Powerpuff Girls.
- In "Collect Her", Lenny Baxter the Comic Book Geek, a obsessive, crazy fanboy who would seemingly pose no obvious threat to anyone, much less a trio of superheroes, successfully does what few other villains in the series did—capture and helplessly trap the Powerpuff Girls in his toy collection. And he did it entirely with plastic packaging, without the aid of fancy technology and no superpowers.
- The Mayor, of all people, gets one hell of a Crowning Moment of Awesome in the episode "Impeach Fuzz" when he takes a hundred levels up in badass and wrestles against Fuzzy Lumpkins for his position as Townsville's mayor and for his little black "mayorin" hat. Let's Get Dangerous indeed.
- Also, in "Collect Her", when he rallies the people of Townsville to rescue the Girls from Lenny Baxter.
- Let's not forget him effortlessly realizing what Him's last riddle meant even as the girls were left stumped in "Him Diddle Riddle."
- His absolutely flawless acting like a capable badass at the end of "Ploys 'R' Us."
- Miss Bellum's fight against Sedusa. A simple yet hot secretary taking on a super villain who managed to subdue the Powerpuff Girls... and winning!?
- Miss Keane in Schoolhouse Rocked.
Miss Keane: Girls, you know there’s no fighting, so go outside and play dodgeball instead. Understand?
- Would you believe Santa Claus in the Christmas Episode? After getting a half-assed verbal beatdown from Princess, he...well, saying "snapped" may be a bit of an understatment.
Santa: LIIIIIIISSTT SCHMIST!!!! I don't need no stinkin' list to tell me who's naughty and who's nice! Ya know why? 'Cause Iiiiiiii'm Santa Claus. Check it. Princess, (grabs Princess by the ear.) you have worked up my last nerve. I have no choice. You are so rotten, so despicable, so naughty, I'm putting you on the...PERMANENT! NAUGHTY! PLAQUE!! Bum, bum, buuuuuummmm.
- He follows this by effortlessly taking the powers he gave her away.
- In "Equal Fights", both Miss Keane and Miss Bellum noticing the girls' newfound straw feminism and managing to convince them to see what real feminism is about.
- The knockoff Powerpuff Girls clones get one in "Knock It Off" when they save the girls and sacrifice themselves to kill Dick Hardly.
Dick: Stay back! I'M YOUR MASTER!Clones: Only a master of evil, Dick.
- Nominated four times for an Emmy, won two special juried Emmys.
- The sheer amount of references in "Meet the Beat-Alls".
- Including the episode's commentary, done entirely by Mojo Jojo himself.