open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Digimon Adventure: Yamato (Matt) and Taichi (Tai) come to blows more than once. However, the second time, WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon got into the mix (Digimon aren't Pokemon; usually, Agumon and Gabumon wouldn't fight for no reason just because their partners were fighting, but Gabumon felt that Matt really, really needed someone to be on his side no matter what at that moment.)
- One Piece:
- After being treated to drugged food by a bunch of bounty hunters, Zoro the lancer beats the ever-loving crap out of them. Luffy wakes up, and thinks that Zoro just attacked the people who were nice to him and gave him food; a battle ensues.
- Played much more seriously latter in the Water 7 Arc. With a growing conflict between Luffy and Usopp, due to emotional problems Usopp started developing during the arc, and Luffy's decision regarding their ship (which Usopp was very fond of); the conflict grows into fight between them.
- Naruto built up to his confrontation with Sasuke for the entire first part of the series. Their first pre-Face–Heel Turn fight (on the hospital rooftop) was this, but their second was the final and most intense battle in the entire child arc. Then Part 2 starts foreshadowing this again. They've encountered each other, but it takes the entire series after all of the villains are taken care of and no more distractions for them to have a proper final battle.
- In a way, Xavier did this to Magneto.
- Wolverine and Cyclops have had plenty of fights and arguments through the years.
- Green Lantern: The fight between Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner to see who would be Earth's Green Lantern. John Stewart was committed to Oa at the time.
- Teased but ultimately subverted in Batman Versus Robin Robin's body was being remotely controlled by Deathstroke at the time through his repaired spine.
- Padmé and Obi-Wan do this to Anakin in the Star Wars prequels.
- Cera to Littlefoot in The Land Before Time.
- While Leonardo and Raphael have no small history of arguments, this was arguably the main plot of TMNT.
- Jayne and Mal in Serenity, an argument starts, and Hilarity Ensues
- Tony Stark and Steve Rogers have the most friction of any of the Avengers, and their most heated argument almost turns into a full on fight before it's interrupted. They end up actually fighting each other in Captain America: Civil War.
- Similar to the example above, this happens between Charles (Professor X) and Erik (Magneto) in X-Men: First Class.
- Star Wars Legends has Legacy of the Force, where just about everyone does this:
- Han doesn't like that Luke puts Jacen and Jaina in danger, after what happened to Anakin...
- Everyone abandons Jacen Solo.
- This happens in the seventh Harry Potter book, when Ron leaves Harry and Hermione after getting into a fight with Harry in the woods.
- Happens in the Witcher Saga between Geralt and by that point pretty much his Lancer Cahir, but Geralt does not yet fully trust him. Once accusations of betrayal begin to fly, a fight ensues. Bonus points for Milva beating up both to separate them. They remain on good terms afterwards.
- Alex and Xander might be two halves in the same body, but in The Other Kind Of Roommate, they can be as good as enemies.
Live Action TV
- On Supernatural, Sam does this a lot.
- Jack and Sawyer came to blows quite a lot on Lost as well.
- In Power Rangers Time Force, we get a knock-down drag-out between Wes and newly-minted Sixth Ranger Eric worthy of any battle with an actual evil Ranger. In the end, though, Eric does save Wes from being stranded in prehistoric times (after starting to leave, then going back.)
- In The Walking Dead, Rick and Shane often end up butting heads as Rick is more of a Wide-Eyed Idealist and Shane has an I Did What I Had to Do mentality.
- In Mega Man X5, X and Zero.
- Due to their penchant for the Wham Episode, rampant switching of sides, and one-on-one boss fights, this is very common in the Tales Series:
- In The Wonderful 101, during Operation 004, when Wonder-Red keeps trying to get Wonder-Blue to tell him why he keeps running off by himself whenever Vijounne appears, it escalates to Blue fighting Red one-on-one.
- Very common in many of Knuckles' early appearances in the Sonic the Hedgehog games. It was practically a Running Gag where Eggman tricks Knuckles into thinking Sonic is up to no good or trying to steal the Master Emerald and start a fight with him. He's been tricked into fighting Sonic five times in the games alone.
- In Ether Vapor, you fight Sena when she reveals she has orders to capture DECIDER instead of destroying it.
- The 2011 adaptation of Thunder Cats is famous for the little... scuffle between Lion-O and Tygra. But the original Lion-O and Tygra also came to blows a few times.
- In Xiaolin Showdown Raimundo, the lancer of the group, is often at odds with the other members and even Master Fung. At one point, he flat out disobeys direct orders from the latter and betrays Omi and his old master after being reprimanded, and turns to the opposing side for a brief period.