or the Sixth Ranger
has a disagreement with the hero. It could be philosophical
or it could just be for the hell of it
. This can be anywhere from tension to a refusal to fight to a downright Face-Heel Turn
. The closest thing to The Starscream
to happen to the good guys.
Can be Cain and Abel
if they're brothers. Compare with Let's You and Him Fight
, Fighting Your Friend
and Head Butting Heroes
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Yamato (Matt) does this to Taichi (Tai) in the first season of Digimon.
- In fact, they come to blows more than once. However, the second time, WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon got into the mix (Digimon aren't Pokemon; usually, Agumon and Gabumon wouldn't fight for no reason just because their partners were fighting, but Gabumon felt that Matt really, really needed someone to be on his side no matter what at that moment.)
- Hilariously done in One Piece. After being treated to drugged food by a bunch of bounty hunters, Zoro the lancer beats the ever-loving crap out of them. Luffy wakes up, and thinks that Zoro just attacked the people who were nice to him and gave him food; a battle ensues.
- Played much more seriously latter in the Water 7 Arc. With a growing conflict between Luffy and Usopp, due to emotional problems Usopp started developing during the arc, and Luffy's decision regarding their ship (which Usopp was very fond of); the conflict grows into fight between them.
- Naruto built up to his confrontation with Sasuke for the entire first part of the series. Their first pre-Face-Heel Turn fight (on the hospital rooftop) was this, but their second was the final and most intense battle in the entire child arc.
- In a way, Xavier did this to Magneto.
- Wolverine and Cyclops have a fight (and subsequent split) in Schism.
- They have had plenty of fights and arguments before then.
- The fight between Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner to see who would be Earth's Green Lantern. John Stewart was committed to Oa at the time.
- Teased but ultimately subverted in Batman Versus Robin Robin's body was being remotely controlled by Deathstroke at the time through his repaired spine.
Live Action TV
- The 2011 adaptation of Thunder Cats is famous for the little... scuffle between Lion-O and Tygra. But the original Lion-O and Tygra also came to blows a few times.
- In Xiaolin Showdown Raimundo, the lancer of the group, is often at odds with the other members and even Master Fung. At one point, he flat out disobeys direct orders from the latter and betrays Omi and his old master after being reprimanded, and turns to the opposing side for a brief period.