open/close all folders
- The game's opening is one for both Shantae and Risky. Shantae singlehandedly fends off a pirate attack and saves the burning Scuttle Town, but Risky gets away with her real objective, Mimic's Steam Engine.
- After Shantae beats the fourth dungeon, Risky sheds her genie disguise, ties her up, and absconds with the Stones needed to power her steam engine.
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
- The ending is a big one for Risky Boots. She manages to force Shantae to surrender the magic seals and stalls her with a fight against her repaired ship until her plan really hits its stride. She uses the Magical Lamp to steal Shantae's genie half and to make it fight Shantae. Even when the genie half is destroyed by fight's end, Risky escapes unharmed and leaves Shantae as a nearly powerless human...
Shantae and The Pirate's Curse
- At the end of the game, Shantae gets her magic back in the true ending and defeats the Pirate Master once and for all, with her attacks doing 999 damage per hit in the final part of the fight! Note that Shantae, with nothing but the magic of a half-genie, manages to do what the entirety of the genie species couldn't.
- And Risky Boots gets in on the action by firing a gigantic cannon at him.
- Regarding Risky, it should be noted that at the start of the game she couldn't even take a single Cacklebat on her own, the endgame areas between Ammo Town and Sequin Palace were presumably still full of the tougher monsters seen after the Pirate Master set up shop, and she likely wasn't feeling her best due to whatever she experienced during her captivity. All that, and she still made it back to town in time to help demolish her former boss.
- Give the Pirate Master credit too; IT TAKES A LOT TO PUT HIM DOWN. At a FRACTION of his full power. Yikes.