open/close all folders
- The game's opening is one for both Shantae and Risky. Shantae singlehandedly fends off a pirate attack and saves the burning Scuttle Town, but Risky gets away with her real objective, Mimic's Steam Engine.
- After Shantae beats the fourth dungeon, Risky sheds her genie disguise, ties her up, and absconds with the Stones needed to power her steam engine.
- Shantae storms Risky's volcano hideout alone and not only manages to take out a huge chunk of her Tinkerbat forces, but also stops the Tinkertank from rolling into Scuttle Town before it even starts, followed by a fierce fight with Risky. And after she does all off that, she also escapes the volcano hideout as it erupts! Not bad for a half-genie 'scrawny kid'!
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
- The ending is a big one for Risky Boots. She manages to force Shantae to surrender the magic seals and stalls her with a fight against her repaired ship until her plan really hits its stride. She uses the Magical Lamp to steal Shantae's genie half and to make it fight Shantae. Even when the genie half is destroyed by fight's end, Risky escapes unharmed and leaves Shantae as a nearly powerless human...
Shantae and The Pirate's Curse
- The Pirate Master offers you a devil's choice, either to give up the magic that you spent so long to collect, whereupon he will use it to destroy you, or give up Risky Boots. Seems like being caught between a rock and a hard place... Until you remember WHOSE magic you were collecting...]]
- When she does choose to "give up" the magic, Her normal powers are restored, and her attacks are so powerful, they do 999 damage per hit in the final part of the fight! Note that Shantae, with nothing but the magic of a half-genie, manages to do what the entirety of the genie species couldn't.
- And Risky Boots gets in on the action by firing a gigantic cannon at him.
- Regarding Risky, it should be noted that at the start of the game she couldn't even take a single Cacklebat on her own, the endgame areas between Ammo Town and Sequin Palace were presumably still full of the tougher monsters seen after the Pirate Master set up shop, and she likely wasn't feeling her best due to whatever she experienced during her captivity. All that, and she still made it back to town in time to help demolish her former boss.
- Give the Pirate Master credit too; IT TAKES A LOT TO PUT HIM DOWN. At a FRACTION of his full power. Yikes.
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
- Every Boss Battle has Shantae herself telling you to Attack Its Weak Point Gradius style as the Boss Subtitles appear and the epic boss theme starts playing. Enough to rile up the player.
- The first part of the Final Boss battle has a mano-a-mano showdown between Shantae and Risky Boots, in which Risky pulls out *all* the tricks from Pirate's Curse!