- The Bar Brawl in the Heartbeats Bar and the scene leading up to it.
- The famous 70 man battle at the climax of the game. Ryo and Gui Zhang vs the entire Mad Angels biker gang that had been terrorising Yokosuka. It starts with an epic one-on-one fight between the two heroes (Terry, the gang leader, had promised to take Ryo to Lan Di if he beat up Gui Zhang) before Terry intervenes and tries to murder Gui Zhang while he's down, only for Ryo to save him. The deal is off and every last Mad Angel is going down!
- In 2015, Yu Suzuki was finally convinced to create a kickstarter project to fund Shenmue III, a project that was by now considered not so much Vapor Ware as lost forever. The initial ask was for $2 million. It hit the first million in less than 2 hours! Shenmue is back, baby!
- One hour and forty-two minutes, to be precise...a world record!
- Something even better? It's completed it's goal of 2 million! In less than ten hours. After years of the studio suits no doubt telling Suzuki-san that Shenmue III didn't have enough demand to be financially viable, he decided to ask the fanbase what they thought about it. Their answer: "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!"
- It even temporarily brought Kickstarter down.
- On July 17, 2015 Shenmue III became the most successful video game kickstarter project to date when it passed $5.6 million in pledges, breaking the record recently set by Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. And that was STILL before it finished- in its last day it has gone WELL past $6 million, with almost 70,000 individual pledges!
- When the kickstarter finally closed within the same day, it had raised $6,333,295 from 69,320 pledges. SHENMUE LIVES.